PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What stance will the Pats take with...

Status
Not open for further replies.
harrison got caught with hgh, he wasnt cut, you dont cut someone like faulk a team captain and model citizen for a couple of joints

They are one and the same... both stupid ways to punish players.

I could see them taking a stance against something like crystal... or heroin.

I believe that BB's mandate to players is that they not cause distractions during the season.

Some offseason incidences can certainly spill over into the season, but barring a suspension by the NFL - which I'd assume is possible - if there's a good time for this to happen its early in the offseason.

I think the vast majority of fans and the public recognize its not like he's shooting up heroin and that this is pretty much a non-issue.

Andrews is fringe, he'll probably be cut (and might have been regardless).

Nothing will happen to Faulk from Pats POV. As others said, depending on any involvement in substance abuse policy, he could face a suspension.

But again, a lot of people don't seem to realize Faulk was merely cited, not arrested.

Without knowing the details of what happened, my guess is he won't face any legal ramifications and it will get thrown out. If he did indeed get pinched by venue security and not the fuzz, this should get dismissed quickly with the help of a proper legal defense team.

It is not court is not the issue. It is the NFL's substance abuse program.

No way would either plead guilty. With Faulk, he'll appear in court, and if it's a normal judge, I think he could get off as easily as paying a small fine for having broken the law with the judge continuing the case without a finding for x days. So long as he doesn't get into trouble again during those x days, the charges will be dismissed.

Andrews' case is more serious. I'm sure there's some sort of weight classification, but being caught with a half pound of pot is not a good thing.

How the league and the Pats will handle either situation, I really don't know considering I don't know more details, but my guess is, the Pats will release Andrews.

[not a lawyer, judge, cop or a criminal]

"What stance will the Pats take?"

The three-point?

It is not court is not the issue.
What?
It is the NFL's substance abuse program.
My sentence "How the league and the Pats will handle either situation, I really don't know considering I don't know more details" recognizes that it's a league issue with the NFL substance police issue playing a role in this. But again, without my knowing the details like whether Faulk has ever failed or will fail in the near future a drug test or whether one will even be administerd to him for that matter, I can't begin to say how the league or the Pats will react to such a minor infraction.

I assume Faulk did not go to the concert alone. In this case, he can pull a Ty Law and state the joints were his friend's/cousin's.

Moss has a history with one pot related incident. He will be asked back. Same with Faulk. They are both excellent players. Pats need them.

As for Andrews, he's not that good so the franchise could take the high road even though it doesn't have much downside. Plus, his offense was much much worse. Basically, if he is cut, its because he wasn't good enough.

It is not court is not the issue. It is the NFL's substance abuse program.

But doesn't the substance abuse policy have to be initiated upon someone being found guilty of something? For instance, when Moss bumped the traffic lady, there was allegedly a roach clip in his front seat. Not sure if he was cited or anything, but nothing came of it from the league.

Similarly (but more extremely), if someone is busted for suspicion of a DUI but the case is dismissed on a technicality, do they enter the league SAP?

I honestly don't know, but I thought there had to be some type of legal guilt associated with the charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back