PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What spot on the 53 is BB most likely to claim a player to fill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdangle

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Where on the 53 do you guys think we are presently so weak or thin to the point that a stronger player or two from the upcoming wave of NFL cuts will likely replace the bottom of the depth chart and overall make the team better this season? You know, is you think like BB the GM, what position is he looking at first to improve?

I think the middle of the OL is weak but I don't think BB will sign anyone at lest not anyone that's going to be starting or have a impact unless there is a injury I think at this point he has his starting line up in place

Before Wright, the answer was clearly TE.
Now LB and DE are the main candidates.

Safety.
Not impressed by Harmon wilson or Chung.

Off the top my head I couldn't pinpoint one spot. That's a good thing! Usually pretty easy to spot but this team is super deep. Scouts are circling like vultures around the fax machine waiting for the official cuts from NE!

How many players can be claimed from one team? We had 2 last year. Is 3, or even more possible, but just improbable. I'm betting on 3 claimed from us. Damn vultures!

Off the top my head I couldn't pinpoint one spot. That's a good thing! Usually pretty easy to spot but this team is super deep. Scouts are circling like vultures around the fax machine waiting for the official cuts from NE!

How many players can be claimed from one team? We had 2 last year. Is 3, or even more possible, but just improbable. I'm betting on 3 claimed from us. Damn vultures!
There are still major question marks at DE, DT, LB and SS. Those question marks may be serviced by internal player development, but to say it's a super deep team may be somewhat of a stretch. On paper, it looks to be a very good team, perhaps one of the more balanced Patriots outfits for some time but I'm not sure I'd say it's deep just yet.

The starting defense is outstanding, but as soon as somebody gets hurt, we're relying on guys like Moore, Bequette, Morris and Fleming to take on significant playing time. I'm not ready to call that depth.

RB.

Guard and LB are the other 2 that come to mind.

Cover LB, safety who could get to same zip code as opponent, interior OL would be my priorities

The starting defense is outstanding, but as soon as somebody gets hurt, we're relying on guys like Moore, Bequette, Morris and Fleming to take on significant playing time. I'm not ready to call that depth.
Say goodbye to Morris and Bequette as depth :)

ILB should be the obvious answer. They don't have a backup ILB if they run 3-4 fronts. Neither Fleming nor White is capable of playing inside at an acceptable level.

In order of importance, interior OL, LB, S.

S
LB
IOL

Nice but you have the facts wrong. Buchanan, Easley, Ninkovitch, and Hightower would be called on first.

Safety, linebacker, guard/center, and possibly DE.

Safety, Running back, DE, and if a good TE is available I would not mind replace hoomnan

Interior O-Line, DE

Michael Sam?

Conerbacks by far...they really need some upgrading done there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back