PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What 'Sport' Should the Running Up The Score Whiners Watch?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Alternative Sports For Those With Insecurity Issues

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite.
i think so psycho lmao .you spelled it wrong lol .don't you just feel stupid?if your going to criticize someones spelling or poor punctuation you better make sure yours is correct or you end up looking like a fool .ya know like aqua .your nuts :D .

Last edited:
I'm not going to preach why "soccer" is good. Why should Americans like the sport? Nobody has to like it, and I understand theres a cultural difference.

However, what I dont like is the ignorance some have shown towards the sport in the past. Various articles when the major tournaments come around. Girls sport and whatever. Probrably a lack of knowledge by these writers but it still hits, especially when you play it. I dont know what standards they set in the U.S. but in europe and especially in Argentina, it's demanding. The physical fitness and stamina levels needed for soccer are abnormal here, then theres the 3 games a week the tops teams play here. 3 games a week. plus travel to different countries. It's so physicaly demanding it's unreal. Dont insult the guys and young lads who work, day in day out in the sport only to get rejected by teams, but still have the heart to get up and still put the amount of work in "soccer" requires to make it. I'm not saying it's the best sport in the world, I'm not telling them to like it, but these athletes deserve respect because they're some of the finest athletes sport has to offer.

Baseball is boring, but I still respect the sport and the ability needed to play it. The work and practice the players at every level put in. I'm sure it's real easy to hit a ball that size coming at you at 90 mph...

i respect all athletes no matter what sport they play including golfers bowlers ect ect .soccer players are amazing athletes and they are in incredible shape .i just don't like the game they play.

I'm not going to preach why "soccer" is good. Why should Americans like the sport? Nobody has to like it, and I understand theres a cultural difference.

FWIW soccer is much more popular among the younger generations here. Plus Bob Kraft owns The NE Revolutions soccer team which also plays in Gillette. Like the 90s Buffalo Bills, the Revs are perrenial bridesmaids. Soccer is a great lifetime sport which like b-ball you can play for decades after school is completed.

Last edited:
Yeah, our old boy Stevie Nicol hasn't done too bad though has he, built a side that seems to compete every season. I read his son plays football too...

i think so psycho lmao .you spelled it wrong lol .don't you just feel stupid?if your going to criticize someones spelling or poor punctuation you better make sure yours is correct or you end up looking like a fool .ya know like aqua .your nuts :D .

Google "smilies" It shows up as a word.

However, what I dont like is the ignorance some have shown towards the sport in the past. Various articles when the major tournaments come around. Girls sport and whatever. Probrably a lack of knowledge by these writers but it still hits, especially when you play it. I dont know what standards they set in the U.S. but in europe and especially in Argentina, it's demanding. The physical fitness and stamina levels needed for soccer are abnormal here, then theres the 3 games a week the tops teams play here. 3 games a week. plus travel to different countries. It's so physicaly demanding it's unreal. Dont insult the guys and young lads who work, day in day out in the sport only to get rejected by teams, but still have the heart to get up and still put the amount of work in "soccer" requires to make it. I'm not saying it's the best sport in the world, I'm not telling them to like it, but these athletes deserve respect because they're some of the finest athletes sport has to offer.

I live in America, and even here there are high levels of soccer, not anywhere near the rest of the world, but it is still amazing. The amount of ball control you have to have to even be a back-up on a pro team that never gets to play is barely imaginable.

Another thing is that you can only have a set amount of substitutions, no subbing in and out after every play.

Google "smilies" It shows up as a word.
lmao its spelled smileys .you just made a ass out of yourself for the second time. try spell check genius. like i said before. if your going to be critical of somebodies spelling make sure your spelling and punctuation are correct or you look like a idiot.

Last edited:
Okay genious, do this much please. Open microsoft word. Type in "smilies".

I am sure that most soccer players can at least use proper grammar. I bet they know how to type to.

p.s. the period comes before the space.

Also, soccer is just as fun to watch as football IMO, if you understand the game. Most Americans don't like it because there isn't enough scoring, and even though it is played at a very fast pace, it takes a lot of time to move down the field and keep the ball.

Beatuifully said. It doesn't bother me though, people that don't respect soccer don't get it any way.

Damn, BB made Patriotspride his daddy in this thread.

lmao its spelled smileys .you just made a ass out of yourself for the second time. try spell check genius. like i said before. if your going to be critical of somebodies spelling make sure your spelling and punctuation are correct or you look like a idiot.

You should check your facts before you spout off. It can be EITHER smileys OR smilies. And you are the last person who should be critisizing punctuation. Maybe you should stick to a site that is aimed more toward your learning curve - http://www.sesameworkshop.org/sesamestreet/

Last edited:
Too much scoring for these people. They suffer from low, immature self-esteem and arrested adulthood development issues. So what sport can serve as a football surrogate for these weenies? So many possibilities...

Chess...nah, way too cerebral
Golf...a strong candidate to watch, helps if you're over 65
Soccer...nah, vicious hits or at least Euroweenies acting like they're vicious hits
MLB...serious problems trying to stay awake & vicious hangnail injuries to pitchers
Pairs Figure Skating...we may have a winner; the guys in tights may clinch this one

ouch, very ouch dude.. take it easy... soccer is a great sport... its the universal language...

You probably should have thrown in "Competitive Eating" as one of the choices. I certainly can't see any media or fan outrage if the winner choked down an addition 6 hot dogs or chicken wings to prove his dominance over the losing eaters.

You should check your facts before you spout off. It can be EITHER smileys OR smilies. And you are the last person who should be critisizing punctuation. Maybe you should stick to a site that is aimed more toward your learning curve -
lol this thread is getting fun.btw its criticizing not critisizing .lol

Last edited:
How? PP isn't even to the age where reproduction is possible yet.
I'm old enough to be your daddy :D don't worry ill let you watch soccer if you promise to be a good boy and behave

Last edited:
lol this thread is getting fun.btw its criticizing not critisizing .lol

Oops!

It was 3 am, I was typing in the dark and had just a smidge too much SoCo. :D

I'm surprised that's the only thing I screwed up at that point. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes