Welcome to PatsFans.com

What Social Security Trust Fund?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by State, Oct 2, 2009.

1. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

It doesn't exist, suckers.
    Way to go, Jim DeMint!

Also, realize that a federal case has long ago decided that taxpayers aren't legally entitled to the money they have "invested" in Social Security in payments when they themselves retire. There's no such thing as property rights to the taxes we pay to Social Security, Fleming V. Nestor, 1960 Supreme Court case, which says:
    The world's biggest Ponzi scheme no one wants to talk about.
  2. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

funny how the money missing from SS is equal to the national debt
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +278 / 10 / -26

Whether it exists or not, on the fourth wednesday of the month it magically appears in my checking account.
  4. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

as long as you get yours, right?
  5. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +494 / 6 / -7

Social Security is fine. It would be fiscally solvent with (IIRC) a 6 percent increase in payroll taxes or a 13 percent decrease in benefits. Other options include raising the age of eligibility or lifting the payroll cap.
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +278 / 10 / -26

Continual amazes me how the right can take a very benign comment, and turn it into a hate filled and angry response.. but we have come to expect this.
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

Yeah it's fine. Just rape more money from the arses of taxpayers, or give them less of what they're owed. Nice!

BTW, I was in the Yani's apartment today people. You know them, the old couple from Albania who never worked a day in this country, but get a free apartment, free mass health, and a check from the gubmit each month. Anyhow, I was in there apartment, and guess what was leaning up against the wall? A box for their new 40" Vizio LCD. Nice!
  8. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

I've read that 73% of elderly Chinese immigrants to California receive SSI. Never work a day in this country and receive supplemental social security?

The system makes no sense. I don't think we've moved much into the direction of sanity in forty years.
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

I think if people actually knew, and understood what was going on with their money, we wouldn't be in the situation we are now. Too many people who've never worked a minute in this country, are collecting benefits for life. Meanwhile the honest working man is the one struggling. Something has to give. I'd personally start by withdrawing all forces from across the globe. Then I'd station some on the southern border, and evict all the people here illegally. Once I've got my troops home, the border sealed, and the illegals gone, I'd pass a bill where all gubmit disability checks were audited for legitimacy. Then I'd move to make welfare, or assistance payments, temporary for any and all "able bodied individuals". People who were clearly in need of permanantt assitance would get it. People who are able bodied would get it one time for a limited period. That's where I'd start at least. Oh, foreign assistance, good bye. All foreign aide would be in the form of tangiable materials, and not cash. I'd send people wheat, books, tents, blankets, trainers, medical supplies, etc. Point being, I'd help people in need, but not with money.