Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which Play-off seed do you want for the Patriots?

• 3rd Seed

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • 4th Seed

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Doesn't Matter, We still get to play one in Foxboro

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The 3rd or the 4th seed? Personally, I am hoping for the 3 seed. That means its more likely that the Pats would face the Colts in the AFCCG.

My "DREAM" play-offs for the Pats would be:
Wild Card: San Diego/Denver (whichever of these two end up here)
Divisional: Denver/San Diego (whichever of these two end up here)
AFCCG: Colts
SB: Carolina (Rematch of SB 38)

That way the Pats can beat 4 of the 5 teams that beat them this year. Also, I think that this would be the toughest schedule in the play-offs for the Pats to go through.

Last edited:
i dont really mind becuse we get on in our house

I would say that the No.3 seeding is beyond us at this point - I really cant see the Bills going into Cincy and winning there.

Cincy would then have to lose their last game aswell in order for us to clinch No.3.

So, Ill happily take the 4th seed.

If Jax somehow manage to lose to either Houston or Tennessee I would slightly suspicious - its possible they would rather play in Cincy than New England.

This would also have the effect of knocking the Steelers out of contention on a 3-way tie scenario.

All In all i'll take

Wild Card - Jax
Divisional - Colts
Conference - Bengals

NM

Last edited:
If your going to dream of playoff scenarios

DaBruinz said:
The 3rd or the 4th seed? Personally, I am hoping for the 3 seed. That means its more likely that the Pats would face the Colts in the AFCCG.

My "DREAM" play-offs for the Pats would be:
Wild Card: San Diego/Denver (whichever of these two end up here)
Divisional: Denver/San Diego (whichever of these two end up here)
AFCCG: Colts
SB: Carolina (Rematch of SB 38)

That way the Pats can beat 4 of the 5 teams that beat them this year. Also, I think that this would be the toughest schedule in the play-offs for the Pats to go through.

I think a better scenario would be:

First Round:
Patriots(4th seed) beat Jaguars(5th seed) in Foxboro
Stealers(6th seed) beat Denver(third seed) in Denver

Second Round:
Patriots beat Bengals(2nd seed) in Cincinatti
Stealers beat Colts(1st seed) in Indianapolis

AFC Championship Game:
Patriots beat Stealers in Foxboro

Superbowl:
Patriots three-peat

Last edited:
VT_NY_Patsfan said:

First Round:

Second Round:
Stealers beat Bengals(2nd seed) in Cincinatti
Patriots beat Colts(1st seed) in Indianapolis

AFC Championship Game:

Superbowl:
Patriots three-peat

I like this scenario the best.... I would much rather play the colts in the second round before they would get a chance to play a meaningful game. The last tough/meaningful game they will have played up to then would be the san diego game which they of course lost. I think they will come out rusty and as a not so wise man once said, "be ripe for the picking"

Sorry I had forgotten that if 6th seed beats the 3rd seed in the first round they play the 1st seed in the second round. I've corrected my original post.

This scenario I don't like as well becouse we don't get to pound on the Colts the second round, but no other scenario puts the AFCC in Foxboro.

VT_NY_Patsfan said:

First Round:

Second Round:
Stealers beat Bengals(2nd seed) in Cincinatti
Patriots beat Colts(1st seed) in Indianapolis

AFC Championship Game:

Superbowl:
Patriots three-peat

You're close, only in that scenario the 6th seed if it wins in WC week faces the 1 seed Colts in round 2 while the 4th seed faces the 2nd seed (Cinci or Denver) on the road. Highest seeds face lowest remaining seeds. If the Squeelers could do their part though that does set up a potential AFCC with Pitts at the Razor. I don't have any revenge related issues regarding who knocks Peyton out of the playoffs, and if a 6th seeded Pittsburgh can do it it's the best case scenario for the TEAM since it results in potential AFCC at home in the Razor.

Doesn't make much difference to me, there's still a decent chance we'll have to play @ Indy and @ Denver in some order. And even if an upset means we only play one, they seem about equally tough to me.

DaBruinz said:
My "DREAM" play-offs for the Pats would be....
the toughest schedule in the play-offs for the Pats to go through.

With friends like you who needs enemies. :rolleyes:

I'd rather see my team have the best shot at threepeating. That would be revenge enough for me (and for them I'm quite sure). And whether they are the 3 seed or 4, their best shot involves Jacksonville and Pittsburgh in some way shape or form.

i'd rather be # 4 and get Indy in the divisional round. they may be a bit rusty, pats may be a bit fresher having played one instead of two games and we would not have to show as much of ther "new" stuff to Indy.

VT_NY_Patsfan said:

First Round:

Second Round:
Patriots beat Bengals(2nd seed) in Cincinatti
Stealers beat Colts(1st seed) in Indianapolis

AFC Championship Game:

Superbowl:
Patriots three-peat

i like it but i want to end the Colts Superbowl hope in there place :rocker:

DrewWho? said:
i'd rather be # 4 and get Indy in the divisional round. they may be a bit rusty, pats may be a bit fresher having played one instead of two games and we would not have to show as much of ther "new" stuff to Indy.

co-sign on this, but to tell you the truth, I don't think seeding matters too much at this point. The Jags, Steelers, Broncos, and Bengals (assuming the Jags and Steelers get in) don't seem like they can stack up to a healthy Pats team in a playoff atmosphere, regardless of where and when the games are played. Those teams have distinct and somewhat predictable styles of play (the Bengals are a little more unpredictable) and I believe our strengths counter their strengths nicely. That will make it easier for us to force those teams to deviate from their game plan and play out of their element (BB's favorite thing to do). The Broncos and Steelers won't be able to run the ball on this defense, so that will kill them; the Jags don't do enough on offense in addition to lack of experience; and the Bengals, although they are the best all-around team of the bunch, also have zero playoff experience and a questionable defense that won't be able to handle the Pats' attack.

The bottom line is, we will be getting at least one home game. There doesn't seem to be that much disparity between the top seeds and the lower seeds this season (partly because I am not overly impressed with any team in the league aside from the Colts) and there really aren't any teams that stick out to me as being particularly tough to beat at their place (The Razor has to be the toughest place to play at come playoff time). Ordinarily, in a situation such as this with less disparity, one would think that homefield could end up giving one team an edge, but there's just something about this season that makes me think that's not the case. Therefore, I think that seedings are a little less important this year in the AFC (not the case in the NFC where I think if either the Bears or Giants get the 2 seed, that team will go to the NFCC game) and I feel pretty confident no matter what scenario presents itself (of course it would be nice if some scenario came up where the Steelers made it to the AFCC against the Pats so we could get that at home, but I digress). I believe the winner of the AFC will either the Colts or Pats and I think that team will take home the Lombardi trophy (I think homefield will be more important in the NFC, but those teams are not as good as AFC teams). I believe the Pats, be it in the divisional game, or the AFCC, will end up beating the Colts, especially after seeing what SD's 3-4 scheme did to them in their own house.

Last edited:
MoLewisrocks said:
With friends like you who needs enemies. :rolleyes:

I'd rather see my team have the best shot at threepeating. That would be revenge enough for me (and for them I'm quite sure). And whether they are the 3 seed or 4, their best shot involves Jacksonville and Pittsburgh in some way shape or form.

Box -
My thought process is that I don't want there to be ANY DOUBT who the best team is. And, in my eyes, the Pats bouncing 4 of the 5 teams that beat them during the regular season should remove that doubt in everyone but the most homeristic fans out there.

Dabruinz, come on neighbor, MoLewisrocks and I are only distant cousins with no shared family resemblance. :D

I want Cincy to win on Sunday and eliminate us from #3 contention so that we'll be able to get plenty of rest for our walking wounded (Including Brady) before the playoffs start. I'm not saying we don't play them at all, but just give them enough Playing Time to keep sharp.

I'm of the belief that rest and recuperation are our keys to having any chance in the playoffs. Now I know we're the Patriots and we own in the playoffs and all that, but I'm a realist, and I want us to have the best shot at XL possible and that means getting anyone we can back and getting they guys that are there but hurt healed up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots