Welcome to PatsFans.com

What Republicans Are Selling This Year

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

2. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I didn't think it was possible to trivialize politics more than the GOP already has.
  3. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

The GOP: a few relatively attractive women and a bunch of closeted gay men. ;)
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

5. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Republican party RULES
  6. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Way too easy.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  7. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Leave it to a lib to deliberately modify a quote and think himself a genius
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Republicans are selling the public the same thing Democrats sold us in 2006, and again in 2008. A finger in the opposite direction, followed by the announcement that "we're not them". It worked well for Coke when Pepsi was in power, so why shouldn't it work well for Pepsi now? Or was it for Pepsi when Coke was in power? Ah, what difference does it make.
  9. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Who would think themselves a genius at taking the obvious response? Do you know what the word genius means?
  10. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Sadly, probably not that much. That little bit can be important though. It's a shame that the tea partiers have got their panties in a bunch defending policies that ultimately hurt them (and us). We could use a real populist movement. (Actually, I think it exists, it just doesn't get press like the artificial tea party does.)
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Apple, no offense pal, but I don't think your populism, is the populism the general populace is seeking. Unless of course, you're hoping for lower taxes, less government, a more isolationist foreign policy, an end to illegal immigration, as well as a return to individual responsibility. Oh, and a repeal of Obamacare too.
  12. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The thing about populism is that once the people realize that we can institute policies that actually benefit us rather than the wealthy, and that we can live happier lives as a result, then it populist opinion swings dramatically in that direction. Why do you think there is so much nonsense about false economic concepts like trickle down economics? To prevent real populism from taking root.
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Very well said, all the while the "Power Elite" of this country continue to rape our families, and sadly most folks do not realize it.... these are the folks that are allied with Madison Ave, and their mission is to deceive all of us. People continue to buy products that are seriously tainted.

People who really believe that they have a say in how this country works are delusional... maybe we should lace the water supply with Thorazine.. not sure what will bring them back to reality.
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Is that the same trickle down that gave me $7 extra in my paycheck last year?

Policies that benefit us, are based on the points I mentioned. So like I said before, I'm not sure your populism, is the populism this country's general populace prefers.

The power elite, illegals, out of touch politicians, and the ever growing welfare class that siphons cash and resources from the people who work hardest for them. That would be the shrinking middle class.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Power elite would also include the corporatists.

As an aside, I was touring the Pentagon yesterday, and one of the first things I saw, was a dozen or more "Hover Rounds" or whatever those electric scooters are called. You know, the one's we see advertised on TV, where the dude tells people how they won't have to pay for one, if they need it. Well, it got me wondering. Who pays for them? The government obviously (you and me), and who likely paid for these that I see here in the Pentagon? Well, you and me. It just seemed odd that the Pentagon had Hover Rounds in every hallway. Anyone think some deal was brokered somewhere, if you know what I mean?