Welcome to PatsFans.com

What race Results Are You Most Interested In

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +536 / 9 / -4

#24 Jersey

Other than your own, of course.

My little section of Virginia doesn't have much on the ballot. Three candidates running for congress - each one worse than the other. It's a "lesser of whatever evil" kind of race.

I suppose I'm most interested in what happens in the following races:

Sharon Angle/Harry Reid
    Christine O'Donnell/Chris Coons
    Carly Fiorina/Barbara Boxer
    Lisa Murkowski/Joe Miller/Scott McAdams
    Carl Paladino/Andrew Cuomo
    Jerry Brown/Meg Whitman
    Richard Blumenthal/Linda McMahon
    Rubio/Crist/Meeks
    Toomy/Sestak
    Rand Paul/Jack Conway

Any others?
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 6 / -2

I want Patrick to lose here in Massachusetts, and Reid to be unemployed in Nevada. Those are the two I'm following. Everywhere else I hope that any, and every, establishment incumbent up for re-election loses.

Oh, and I pray that Barney Frank goes down too. That's a long shot, but I do pray.
  3. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I want to see Rand Paul win!
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 2 / -9

Amen............
  5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

The Sharon "Obtuse" Angle vs Harry "the Weasel" Reid race. In a way it doesn't matter who wins. If Reid wins he keeps the "crazy old lady that lives on the dead end street" away from power. But if Angle wins it will be entertaining listening to her address the senate.
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +536 / 9 / -4

#24 Jersey

Not trying to get into a pi$$ing match with you here. I'm genuinely interested, though, so I have to ask.

Do you really not care who gets elected just so long as an incumbent doesn't get re-elected? Are you that absolutely positively sure that there isn't one single incumbent, Republican or Democrat, who doesn't have one or two redeeming qualities? Don't you even care that some of the people running against the incumbents are fruit-cakes who haven't clue #1 as to what they'll actually DO if elected? That they're liars, tax cheats, frauds, and hold extremist views on a multitude of issues?

By feeling the way you do, by saying the things you're saying, you're pretty much agreeing with Mitch McConnell - that your primary goal is not to improve the quality of American life but to take revenge upon a few individuals - and they seem to be individuals you know nothing about other than the fact that they've won last season's race.

I don't mind you wanting to replace people whose politics you don't agree with - but shouldn't you at least care what you're replacing them with?
  7. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +496 / 6 / -7

Even if you think Reid sucks, which I do, saying you should kick him out and replace him with a bat**** crazy know-nothing like Angle doesn't make much sense to me.

Ditto Jeff Miller in Alaska.

Ditto Ken Buck in Colorado.

Ditto Christine O'Donnell in Delaware. Thankfully she's definitely going to lose. The other two? Not so sure.

If you think the government is dysfunctional now, just wait until the next Congress is sworn in with these luminaries.
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +567 / 2 / -9

She's no bargain thats for sure but anything is better than that slinky little snake Reid.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +567 / 2 / -9

Kicking The Incumbent Out:
    This President & This Congress & all of their dishonest, closed door, arrogant, grinning in your face bullsh!t has turned the whole country into feeling as though If You Are IN We Want You OUT.

THEY WORK FOR US
  10. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +545 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I'm not going to put words into his mouth, but I see anti-incumbency as a protest against the two-party system and/or the oligarchy that is forming in the American political establishment.

They all hold mild interest for me, but I've just about given up hope that we're going to see anything interesting or politically beneficial happen in this country without substantial electoral reform.
  11. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

Well, we have tried the "high-brows" and look where we are at. Let's give the "bat**** crazy know-nothings" a shot. Honestly, it's not gonna be any worse.

As long as they keep voting NO to that bat**** crazy president and keep him from destroying the country, then I'm good with it. Seriously, this country is fukced if we continue on this reckless spree that we are on. Yeah, I know it started many years ago, but it's been magnified 100-fold with this clown we have now.
  12. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +496 / 6 / -7

It really hasn't.

If you truly believe that this president is "bat**** crazy" is "destroying the country," and if you really don't believe things can get any worse, than best of luck, and I suspect we'll get to see how it'll all play out.
  13. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +496 / 6 / -7

It is a shame that Russ Feingold is going to lose. Probably one of the only civil libertarians left in the Senate, and he's going down to an empty suit.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +567 / 2 / -9

When you hire somebody and they don't do the job you expected or wanted them to do you replace them.

This little tale is on the same idea but involves "the race thing" of which you know I sometimes get in trouble over.
    I am amazed at how dense some well educated college people can be.

General Motors
    I was a stupid truck driver for all of my life, one day while walking into a GM Warehouse through the front door I happened to walk alongside the Warehoue Mgr we said "hello" and then entered the front lobby, directly in front of us was "the front desk" were the receptionist sits, nobody was there, the College Grad Mgr says to me "Jesus Christ, that women spends the whole f-cking day in the ladies room" I said "fire her" he said "I can't" I said "why not" he said "she's Black" I said "hire another Black women" he never learned this basic sh!t in college, he opened his mouth and just stared at me.

Several days later I had to return to this Warehouse there sat "another black women" the dip sh!t's in Detroit probably gave him a medal for solving that problem.

IF THEY DON'T DO THEIR JOB THROW THEM OUT
  15. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I totally agree with you, i don't look at him as a typical politician.
  16. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

He is destroying the country......... You may like the look of Europe, but I DON'T. The America dream wasn't founded on the "cradle-to-grave" entitlement model that we are following.

Let's not be literal here. No one is saying down to "rubble" destroying. But when it comes to destroying the principals that have allowed this country to prosper over the last 200 year, yeah..... he is absolutely destroying it. You cannot be prosperous and economically insolvent. To be fair, he's had a lot of help from so-called Republicans before him.
  17. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'm not choosing any race to follow more than any other. I don't want to appear racist.
  18. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +496 / 6 / -7

1.) There is no cradle-to-grave entitlement model
    2.) He's not destroying any principles. He's governing based on the platform the voters elected him on.

Given the massive ****pile Obama had to deal with upon assuming office, I think he's done a serviceable job. Given the choice between Obama and McCain... not even really close.
  19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +346 / 3 / -13

Just finished putting in my vote for Sean Bielat! Man, there is NO ONE I'd rather see lose more than Barney. But Reid and Pelosi are a close 2nd & 3rd.
  20. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

Correction - YOU elected him on. I didn't vote for him.

I'm not surprised you feel the way you do. I guess we'll see in a few hours whose right. The voters will certainly let us know if Obama is "governing based on the platform" they elected him on. There will be no sugar-coating it tonight.

Surf's up ;)