PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What questions would you ask BB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
smg93 said:
Actually, good point. I read his book and he never mentions why he decided to attend Andover. That's a question I'd like to ask him too.

Do you know if his dad was an Annapolis grad? Maybe they weren't a real navy family until WW II happened.

His Dad was in the Navy but I don't think he was an officer. However, the family's real tie to the Naval Academy is the 30 some-odd years Steve Belichick spent as a coach there. BB grew up with all these cadets and greatly admired many of them.

Hoodie said:
His Dad was in the Navy but I don't think he was an officer. However, the family's real tie to the Naval Academy is the 30 some-odd years Steve Belichick spent as a coach there. BB grew up with all these cadets and greatly admired many of them.

ok, thanks. In his book he does mention that as a kid he used to throw the football around with Roger Staubach. As a kid, I loved Staubach a lot.

smg93 said:
Actually, good point. I read his book and he never mentions why he decided to attend Andover. That's a question I'd like to ask him too.

Do you know if his dad was an Annapolis grad? Maybe they weren't a real navy family until WW II happened.

It does mention why he attended Andover. BB had heard his dad telling possible recruits that they would be better prepared for the Naval Academy if they did a post-graduate year. BB said that he thought this was sound advice and began to research post-graduate schools. He knew the best schools were here in New England. His dad did not attend Andover

Bill's Girl said:
It does mention why he attended Andover. BB had heard his dad telling possible recruits that they would be better prepared for the Naval Academy if they did a post-graduate year. BB said that he thought this was sound advice and began to research post-graduate schools. He knew the best schools were here in New England. His dad did not attend Andover

Ok, thanks for the info. It wasn't in the book that I read which was more about strategy in life. I thought it was a bit odd that the son of a football coach would be at Andover since it's rather elitist. I almost had to go there in the early 80's but when I visited, I just didn't like the atmosphere at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes