PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What position would you like to play and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wide Receiver..!! A skill position, score lotsa TD's, but much less wear and tear than a QB or RB gets.

At my age I'd say waterman. Want to be close but not that close any more.

I would revisit my high school position and play fullback, nothing like taking a shot at somebody with a ball in your hands when they expect you to juke. Nothing fancy just pure, vicious, aggression. Also loved kickoff coverage, there was some serious hits going on out there. There was nothing like running down the field full speed and drilling some poor sucker that was looking the other way.:rocker: Good times, my friend, good times

Safety..i love to cover..i love to hit people full speed. Its fun seeing the whole field ahead of you and safety is a chance for the biggest hits because u can gain speed before tackling unlike LBs and DL. I can also drop back..show speed. be a playmaker.

I'd like to be an all-purpose throw-back FB. Good at blocking and have above average hands. I'd have to work on my blitz pick-ups, but at 5'10 and 230lbs, I've got good power for short yardage.

Strong safety

Hell... if I lost 20 years, I'd love to play linebacker.
Today, I'm more suited to play the old guy on the sidelines holding the downs marker....

I play offensive and defensive line. It's fun to be down in the trenches and the satisfactino from demolishing some guy in front of you who outweighs you by 100 lbs is undeniable.

However, the quarterback position really allows you to lead the team. If I had the physical skills, I would prefer a higher pressure position than line.

The hell with playing. I'd want to own an NFL team.

When I played rugby I was a scrum half, a position that has some similiarity to that of the quarterback, but I think the differences are such that I wouldn't enjoy the transition. So I think I'd go with defensive back, probably safety, and enjoy the requirement to read the game well, blitz every so often, hit hard over the middle and generally get in people's faces.

Scrum half is not like QB at all, you gotto be kiddin

Never played football in my life, would loved to have played, was an all star GAA player, which probably doesn't mean too much to ppl here.

I think I would have been a good SS. I was quick and luv'd hitting hard. I could read the game well (but it was only Irish football). Man I wish I could have played.....

Now-a-days the big difference maker is a safety like Ed Reed or Polamalu. Ed Reed nearly beat the Colts by himself in that Playoff game. A 6-2 205 guy with speed, agility, quickness and a brain to match can play in any sport and a number of NFL positions. I would like to be in position to affect the game as much as possible without the PR responsabilities of QB or RB. That is Safety.

Have there been just as many HOF running backs not to win the SB as HOF QBs?

Last edited:
When I played rugby I was a scrum half, a position that has some similiarity to that of the quarterback, but I think the differences are such that I wouldn't enjoy the transition. So I think I'd go with defensive back, probably safety, and enjoy the requirement to read the game well, blitz every so often, hit hard over the middle and generally get in people's faces.

I suspect that as a former scrum half, you would have translated well to SS. That ability to get into guys' faces, the defence and the need to make quick decisions would make you a good SS.
I was going to say stuff about how mouthy scrum halves can be, but I have this policy of not insulting people who can track me down. :eek:

In HS played a little D Line, got hurt and my career came to an end, for me the most glamorous spot is safety, probably has to do with the influences of Lott, Reed, Pomalau and most of all our #37.... really enjoy to watch their games, get to do it all and sometimes even freelance.

Scrum half is not like QB at all, you gotto be kiddin

I think he's referring to the decision- making and leadership abilities that you need for that position. Look at how lost teams look when the scrum half farts around, delivering slow ball/ hospital passes to the outside half, kicking it away pointlessly or taking the ball back into the ruck when a No. 8 could have done the job better.

When we played on the school yard, I played centre. I am now 5-10 and now 280, so I have the gut for the position if nothing else. I used to enjoy the combat of pass protection.

IF I had the physical skills, I think I would like to play strong safety or strongside OLB. I would like the hitting, the having to fight off blocks and the challenge of covering the back or TE.

I think he's referring to the decision- making and leadership abilities that you need for that position. Look at how lost teams look when the scrum half farts around, delivering slow ball/ hospital passes to the outside half, kicking it away pointlessly or taking the ball back into the ruck when a No. 8 could have done the job better.

Ye I know im sorry. I should never go onto this thing when I am wasted!

Sorry bout that

Ye I know im sorry. I should never go onto this thing when I am wasted!

Sorry bout that

No worries. I've done it myself a couple of times and the results are never pretty. :eek:

Just to help keep our minds on football during the slow season....

If I had the physical tools, I'd love to be a cornerback. There is something about thwarting two of my opponents simultaneously--the WR and the QB--that appeals to my nasty streak.

How about you?

I'd be a QB. I can launch the ball pretty good, and I played point in bball, there's a similar responsibility and philosophy behind the position.

Never played much defense, so pass-rushing LB: try to beat the OT around the edge, get to the QB, create some havoc.

Seems like a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back