PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What position would you like to play and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainefan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Just to help keep our minds on football during the slow season....

If I had the physical tools, I'd love to be a cornerback. There is something about thwarting two of my opponents simultaneously--the WR and the QB--that appeals to my nasty streak.

How about you?

Linebacker. They do everything and are some of the toughest guys on the field.

I have the size, speed (when I was younger, anyway), and hands to make a pretty good tight end. Too bad I never got into playing organized football.

Well now if i loss 25 lbs and goto my playing weight of 225/6 3 MLB or Safety.probabily a bigger safety.But instead i played for fun and became a engineer at 22 making the dean`s list.
At 30 i would have been a millionaire instead have a deskjob make 100k crap

Last edited:
When I played rugby I was a scrum half, a position that has some similiarity to that of the quarterback, but I think the differences are such that I wouldn't enjoy the transition. So I think I'd go with defensive back, probably safety, and enjoy the requirement to read the game well, blitz every so often, hit hard over the middle and generally get in people's faces.

I played in College and a local league and High School as a Tight End (OLB in High school as well).. nagging shoulder and dedication to bodybuilding made me stop..if I had to re-write the script I WOULD have liked to play QB..they get all chicks.

Unfortunately now im more built to play safety. I would love to play LB but i would need another 15 pounds of muscle and thats a ton of work.

so safety would be my pick.

using the create-a-player in Madden video games I always make myself a safety, no real reason for it

On the offense side of the ball I would love to play RB. The thought of shaking guys off, stiff-arming someone or just completely juking them out of their shorts appeals to me. I love watching RB's breaking out for the big gain or scrapping hard for the tought 4 yards.

On the D side, CB or S. I would love to have the responsibility to take out the top WR on the field or to be the last line of defense that aids in shutting the opposing teams run game down. Hitting guys would be sweet!

I've was an OL and DL, WR, and for one glorious game, LB in high school. While the linemen are in the mix knocking helmets every play, linebacker allowed me more flexibility to participate and make plays, that was a heap-o-fun! WR had to be the dullest position in high school and I have no clue why I was made a WR with my brick mitts - well a partial clue, but we'll not discuss the coaches academic credentials here.

A shut down long snapper
Chicks dig em'!

CB or WR. If for no other reason that my build, 6-3, 175 lbs. I can't put on weight if I try. Too slight to be anything else that doesn't involve kicking the ball.

I could play tight end.....but after all these years, it's just NOT!

I could play CB.....as a mother of two teenagers I've got the no respect, not paid enough thing down pat!

I could play center.....and all would be amazed that this big body gets further than 10yds down field when blocking for my RB!

But I'll play kicker....since they just get everything started, and everyone runs AWAY from them!!!!

Well, this depends on which team.
For the Fish and Jests, QB.
For the Pats, the sausage vendor.

A shut down long snapper
Chicks dig em'!

I'd wanna be a shut down clipboard holder. it's easy money and everyone loves the backup QB! lol

Last edited:
Well I actually can kick it really far. But I would want to be a safety. You get to knock people unconscious.

I wanna be a prima donna wide reciever! I bet you I'd have the BEST celebrations! (If I ever managed to score a TD hahaha).

In basketball (my good sport) I play PG, so I guess that translates tooo QB?

Well, this depends on which team.
For the Fish and Jests, QB.
For the Pats, the sausage vendor.

POST OF THE MONTH!!!

Offensive lineman. I would just love to knock those ugly dudes on the D-line over.

Safety. I would just love to knock those pansy WRs over.

Linebacker is my favorite position, but it would be damn hard to play in a BB scheme.

definitely Safety!

I could just play back & wait for the WRs to come to me.
And them WHAMMO! :rocker:

Last edited:
I would play linebacker. Probably OLB, because then my role could alternate between rushing the passer and hitting the ballcarrier. Yeah it's fun to score TD's but it's more fun playing defense imo. You get to hit people as hard as you can and it helps the team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes