PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What player would you take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
If you could pick at 5/6, what player would you grab?
I want a LB but I know BB won't take one this early so ANY defensive player would be fine with me. I am happy with the offense.
So, if you could make the pick and NOT tade down...who would you like on the Pats next year?
Happy Holidays

Depends whether or not Asante leaves. If he goes, then a corner - whoever of the 2 Jenkins' that Pats think fit their system. If he stays then one of the two LB's the Pats feel can make an impact sooner - Gholston or Laurinaitis (sp?).

Seasons Greetings,

At our draft position (8 +/-1) I would select someone who we expect to be on the field for all/most of the Offensive/Defensive plays, an impact player who should be starting by the 3'rd game, at a position that has an expectancy of 8 years. ie not RB, WR, S

There are always exceptions, we took Irving Fryar with the first pick in the '84 NFL draft, however I would limit my selection options to the following positions.

for a top-10 pick: QB, OT, TE, DE, Hybrid DE/LB, or CB. (No RB, WR, OG, OC, DT, MLB, S)
for a top-20 pick: QB, OT/G, TE, DE, Hybrid DE/LB, or DB. (No RB, WR, OC, MLB)
My preference for the #8 draft pick: TE, Hybrid DE/LB, or CB.

Mike :)

Last edited:
Gholston, C. Long, Jake Long.

i'll take Jenkins since hes a tremendous CB prospect. Theres plenty LBs although i really want Gholston but an inside backer would be more of a need. I pray everynight for Gooden.

and if we go LB @ #8..i REALLY want rey maualuga

first i said he was a freelancer..bad attitude but i came to realize..we need a playmaker. we need a wild man in the middle. Hes a big hitter..mean attitude on field..hes wild. Like Seau..Harrison. I think he can really become something special here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey