PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What PATs accomplished -- has it sunk in yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MDPATSFAN said:
How many times have we seen the exact same scenario you describe?...17 point lead in the third quarter...offense comes out...throws three incomplete ticky tack passes resulting in 20 seconds burned off the clock leaving the door open for the opposing team to get back in the game.I don't know about you but that gives me one hell of a blood pressure spike...

Meanwhile a single running play burns at least 45 seconds. We need a clock grinding run game. It benefits both sides of the ball.

O Maryland, My Maryland !
A clock-grinding run game ... isn't that precisely what the Patriots have just acquired?

With O'Callaghan and Kaczur battling to play RT ... and Britt and Tucker as in-game relievers ...
this will be an O-Line that can play with the best.
Good-bye, Brandon Gorin. Thank you.

And i'm sure that you've noticed the new RB on the block.

jczxohn1 said:
Posted this on another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick4
I think the Pats have done a good job of addressing any possible offensive situation that may happen during a game. Using different packages and player combinations, we now have enough skill players and blockers who will allow us to competently:
- Stretch the field for the long ball.
- Pound the ball in on 3rd-and-1 or at the goal line.
- Run traps and pulls on running plays.
- Throw screens and short dump-offs.
- Sell play action for gains both short, medium, and deep.
- Throw quick-outs and slants.
- Turn routine runs into gamebreaking TD's.
- Run trick plays and end-arounds.
- Others I can't think of right now.

It's almost as if every player on our depth chart is a tool with different sets of skills for different uses. When the offense is clicking, I think the Pats will routinely pull off 15-play, 10-minute, TD-scoring drives./Quote

For years, opposing QB's would shake their heads and throw their helmets to the ground after facing our defense. "You never know who's coming or what they're doing" was a commonplace. Now, it appears BB has the tools and an experienced, bright young OC to implement a game plan to make opposing defenses do the same.

Thanks. I needed that. I just hope that other qbs continue to do the same as well. The team was good on D down the stretch, but they just weren't taking the ball away the way they used to. I will look forward to July. When camp gets here, if our D still is able to croak our O in drills, I'll be beamin again.
Dont forget. Tom Brady says that he thanks god he doesn't have to face his defense every week.

shirtsleeve said:
Thanks. I needed that. I just hope that other qbs continue to do the same as well. The team was good on D down the stretch, but they just weren't taking the ball away the way they used to. I will look forward to July. When camp gets here, if our D still is able to croak our O in drills, I'll be beamin again.
Dont forget. Tom Brady says that he thanks god he doesn't have to face his defense every week.

"You gotta learn the rules before you can break the rules." This D will generate turn-overs next year.

flutie2phelan said:
O Maryland, My Maryland !
A clock-grinding run game ... isn't that precisely what the Patriots have just acquired?

With O'Callaghan and Kaczur battling to play RT ... and Britt and Tucker as in-game relievers ...
this will be an O-Line that can play with the best.
Good-bye, Brandon Gorin. Thank you.

And i'm sure that you've noticed the new RB on the block.

Yes...I'm tickled pink that they finally invested a top pick on a stud Running back. Dillion was great in 2004, and was a good soldier playing injured last year. We were lucky that the AFC East was so dysfunctional.

jczxohn1 said:
"You gotta learn the rules before you can break the rules."

Not sure what you mean there? Also tried to post this once but it disappeared?

Seriously starting to come off of the ledge now. Ya know, I saw so many go through this last year, while I sat back beaming on a great draft with great trades into this one. I laughed at how everyone was BB'd so badly. This year its my turn. The first long post I quoted really put things into perspective for me. Its gonna take a couple more days to sink in. Ya gotta understand, the final piece of last year's puzzle and the coup de gras for me was gonna be retooling the LB's. I was totally blindsided. Hit by a train. Just like so many last year. I'm sure now that as the days go on, I'll like this more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back