PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What on earth was Seau thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have the video of it? I didn't have the game where I am and still haven't seen the clip.

I think it was a bit instinctive..as he said he hasn't RUN with the ball much..and a 2nd INT?? A learning experience..I am sure even for an older vet..he's enthusiastic and..while many have talked about him taunting..(in other threads I believe..) we really do not know all the chatter on the field..what has come before etc etc.
He knows he did not make a great show of it..the game is over,,move on. It's NOT a big deal..

Yeah, I was about to note this, too--despite the foolishness of it, BB didn't seem all that upset...of course, he'd never say so in public, but he was fairly glowing about Seau throughout the PC.

Brady seemed as if he had something else on his mind during his, though. Not reading anything into it, but he certainly seemed a bit curt, and distant, considering they won.

Meh, I dislike psychologizing after games...

AD was joking that Junior's pie was alreay in the oven at 455 degrees as opposed to the standard 350...

Tommy boy looked like he does when he's whipping himself up into his this must never happen again frenzy. They should consider installing strategic bunkers along the Dallas sidelines where they can hide from Jerry next Sunday while Tommy is going off on them. By halftime he's liable to be ripping all their headsets off.

Well, I thought that he was looking around for someone fast to come and take the ball on a lateral -- Ellis or Asante -- and it was his way of signalling "come and get it".

Of course, if he can't remember what he was thinking and knows that BB would rip him anyway if he gave a lateral, then that theory goes overboard. But it seemed quite plausible. It was just about the time that he realized that he was getting isolated but that the Browns didn't have much in the way of remaining tacklers.

I think it was a bit instinctive..as he said he hasn't RUN with the ball much..and a 2nd INT?? A learning experience..I am sure even for an older vet..he's enthusiastic and..while many have talked about him taunting..(in other threads I believe..) we really do not know all the chatter on the field..what has come before etc etc.
He knows he did not make a great show of it..the game is over,,move on. It's NOT a big deal..

I don't think it was "taunting" as much as it was showboating to the fans in the end zone -- "Hey! Looky what I've got!" It seems Junior has a special connection with end zone fans.

It's actually kind of tough to run with the football if you haven't handled it in a while. You don't really know where to stash it. As Seau said, that was pretty much his first ever interception return.

Without looking it up, I cannot believe that. I'll be back.:D

OK I'm back....

His 16-year career includes 1,566 tackles, 1,239 solo, 327 assists, 52 sacks, 76 pass deflections, 15 interceptions, 210 interception return yards.

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=32166

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junior_Seau

Back again....

Might be 1st for a td though

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/1548/

Last edited:
I don't think it was "taunting" as much as it was showboating to the fans in the end zone -- "Hey! Looky what I've got!" It seems Junior has a special connection with end zone fans.
I understand..but in another threa...(read last night..now buried somewhere..on page 2/3...someone called it taunting..) That is all. Yes..maybe more showboating..but it's over..and Junior has learned that he should not do that.

I thought the move looked very familar.

Then I thought back to the video games of my youth:

2007.10.08.juniormegaman.jpg

Junior Seau, did you play a lot of Mega Man back in the day?

I understand..but in another threa...(read last night..now buried somewhere..on page 2/3...someone called it taunting..) That is all. Yes..maybe more showboating..but it's over..and Junior has learned that he should not do that.

After this incident he's learned he shouldn't do that? He's an 18 year vet. That's just how he plays. He is well past the learning stage and is not going to change what he does. What you see is what you get with Seau.

Last edited:
It was bizarre. It looked like the kind of thing you might do when up by 20 with ten seconds left. And even then, it's not good football.

Live and learn ... hopefully.

I thought the move looked very familar.

Then I thought back to the video games of my youth:

2007.10.08.juniormegaman.jpg

Junior Seau, did you play a lot of Mega Man back in the day?

OMG...for your first post you provide this tidbit??? Fabsolutely craptastic postage!!!! Top shelf!! Welcome to the bored!

I don't think it was "taunting" as much as it was showboating to the fans in the end zone -- "Hey! Looky what I've got!"

Yeah, it looked to me like he was suffering from a "premature celebration" problem rather than taunting (he wasn't looking at any Browns players, after all). In fact, I almost wondered whether he thought he was in the endzone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back