PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What officially happened to Rosie Colvin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newton_tom_cat

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
He was having another good year for us until he hurt his foot last season. I've never seen the injury described in detail but I guess it was bad given he was cut by Pats and couldn't make Texans roster. But if he's doing better why not give him a shot? We could use him ... he's big and fits in perfect with BB's hybrid OLB/DE model (like McGinnist, Thomas and Vrabel). Most importantly he had a knack for making big game changing plays, which is something we desperately need.

In any case, I always found it kind of odd the way he just disappeared without much explanation.

Last edited:
Larger salary than they wanted to pay him and a foot injury...did not pass the physical...is there anything much clearer?? Apparently, Houston agreed with the assessment

Larger salary than they wanted to pay him and a foot injury...did not pass the physical...is there anything much clearer?? Apparently, Houston agreed with the assessment

what kind of foot injury? how many players do you know are forced into early retirement over a foot injury?

Was it a Lisfranc? Don't things get pretty dodgy after one of those?

It's been what 10 months since he got hurt? Gezz what the hell happened to his foot?? If he were healthy we could definately use him.

He was seen at the drying area of his car wash this morning, yelling at Chad Jackson because he was thinking of quitting to take a job with the Donko's..

"You ungrateful ba$tXXX, your job won't be here when you get cut"

I would think the foot injury must have been more serious than we thought it was. Colvin's only 31, so he shouldn't have slowed down that much yet. He was going to be cut by the Pats even without the injury; he would have carried a $7.6 million cap charge and was scheduled to make a base salary of $5.5 million. As I recall the Texans cut him after trying him at DE in some situations. Before that the Colts had brought him in, but I think they couldn't agree to terms of a contract. Bottom line was that while he was there in Houston he was not able to get any pressure on the QB. Maybe teams felt like if he's not good enough to make the roster of the Texans, a team that is not very good defensively, how can he help their team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back