PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

what now mr. polian

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Rhodes, the Colts aren't going to pay $3.5M a year to their second best RB. That would be ridiculous. Addai got just about every key carry during the season, and Rhodes was the change of pace runner in the playoffs. The Colts would be in big trouble without Addai, not Rhodes.

Agree with you on June. As for Harper, he's 33 and the Colts have spent high draft picks on corners the last few years. Time for them to play.
Good post - I agree. :D

On the way off the field, up the tunnel, whatever, after the AFCC game he was quoted as saying "The Patriots are Finished".
QUOTE]

I think it was something more to the effect of "The Patriots time is over". Same basic message and intent though.

Pretty much the same which goes to show how little he really knows about the Paatriaahhts. 30 mil in cap space (at that time) and 1st round draft picks should have told him otherwise.
He really does come out with some stupid statements.It's no wonder so many Pats fans hold him in disdain,despite the fact he's shown flashes of brilliance building teams.
He may imitate the Pats,he may study the Pats,but he'll never understand the Pats. Thankfully.

I have been reading (not trolling) the Jets, Dolphins, and Colts forums for pure entertainment. I am amazed at how much talk we are getting due to the aggressive free agent signings the Pats have made. While most are split between the signings being good or bad, the feeling that I'm getting from all that I've read is that whether these fans want to admit it or not, they're extremely nervous knowing that the "master-talent-evaluator" BB still has 2 first round picks at his disposal, not too mention the diamond in the rough he'll probably pick in the latter rounds. I can only think that Polian and Irsay have got to be swearing under their breath every time they turn on sportscenter or pick up the morning sports section!

Jets fans are also praising Mangini for waiting until the initial FA frenzy slows down before entering the market ( a BB tactic in yrs past). Peter King points out the competition for 2nd tier players may not slow down, however, as teams with a lot of Cap room like the Packers and Titans are doing likewise.

Or maybe he's just waiting to pick up our TC cuts.:D

What would be bad about the signings?
Alot of the "bad signing" comments on rival web sites were saying that the Pats were wasting $$ and that some of the free agents we signed had attitude, drug, injury problems..... just typical things they would say to fool themselves into thinking that most of the moves made by the Pats would not help us compete.

Why does anyone think the Colts are "done"? Just like always,they'll field a good team and they'll probably end up in Foxboro come January:D BUT with all the versatility we've acquired,BB will have them reeling.
Not only is it tough to win back-to-backs,there may be a gross underestimation of the potential within our roster combined with BB's schematics.
The Colts are still good and they've adopted some of our philosophies with success,but the Pats just made a quantum leap right over Dungy's head.
Obviously it's way too early to predict anything at all,but giving BB/Brady this much versatility is like giving General Patton modern weapons.
Manning and Dungy will be outcoached-my Ouija Board says so:rocker:

Last edited:
I don't think the Colts are done at all. They will win the AFC South...again. They will be in the playoffs and make a run again. The odds just are not in their favor for a return trip to the Super Bowl that's all.

That's what I think.

They will win the South, but I don't expect Tennessee or Jacksonville to be slouches. I do expect them to lose a division game. They have the "bullseye" now. Every team will treat their Colts game as their Super Bowl.

Maybe, but I wonder why he let Dominic Rhodes go. Rhodes was part of the reason the Colts won it all, and so many teams have shown the wisdom of a two-RB offense.

I think it was a tactical mistake not to keep him. I also wonder about letting both starting CBs leave. Nick Harper was pretty good, wasn't he?

Cato June I always thought was more hype that substance. I doubt he'll be missed, and Mike Doss is no loss, but letting Harper and Rhodes go may be a mistake, and maybe David, too.

Rhodes will not be missed. Addai's the man now(actually, he was last year) with Mungro, Dorsey and Kenton Keith to back him up. Also, the Colt's are REALLY high on Dorsey so, I'll trust their judgement. Tony Dungy himself thinks Dorsey will be a very very good player. http://colts.scout.com/2/580239.html

Harper is 32 years old and has this nasty habit of getting stabbed on the night before the biggest game of the year. Sucks that he went to the tacks, though. Note the fact that he hardly played in the afccg and sb and his backups made huge plays in both games(Jackson/Hayden).

June's return is still up in the air although, I kind of hope we don't resign him, unless he's cheap. I think Kieaho/Hagler will be cheaper AND better. June has this annoying habit of celebrating after EVERY play. He'll celebrate making a tackle 25 yards down the field, drives me NUTS. Just shut up and play already.

Doss won't be missed, if he does sign elsewhere. Hopefully we'll resign him cheap, for depth. Bethea's the starter and will only get better.(6th round draft pick, btw.:D )

AFAIK, David is under contract for next year? If not, he's restricted so, he should be back.

Knowing that I will get flamed for this, I ask how Harrison is over 35 years and Tarik Glenn is in his mid thirties.

Why on earth would you get flamed for this? Truth gets you flamed here?:confused:

Who cares what Polian and the Colts are doing?

I hate Bill Polian, but he's one of the best GM's of all time.

he built the Bills into a great team, the Panthers into a SB team in no time, and the Colts into a great team

he's had success for many years

I still hate him

On the way off the field, up the tunnel, whatever, after the AFCC game he was quoted as saying "The Patriots are Finished".

He was right for the 2006 season - but I think he was thinking bigger than that.

Not so sure he was right. The Pats basically were a catch away from winning the AFC Championship and that's with a dozen sick players. Besides, everyone knows SD was the best team.

Not so sure he was right. The Pats basically were a catch away from winning the AFC Championship and that's with a dozen sick players. Besides, everyone knows SD was the best team.
Well for 2006 he was right, the game was over and so was our season. I agree with you, though, that SD is the team that should have beaten us not Indy.

Why on earth would you get flamed for this? Truth gets you flamed here?:confused:
Play nice. You're a guest here. Please behave like one, talk football, and don't take shots at the site. Like in any "house," there is a lot of history you don't understand. Miguel did not get flamed for what he said, as you saw but evidently ignored. He comment was an oblique dig in a long running family soap opera.

Last edited:
Play nice. You're a guest here. Please behave like one, talk football, and don't take shots at the site. Like in any "house," there is a lot of history you don't understand. Miguel did not get flamed for what he said, as you saw but evidently ignored. He comment was an oblique dig in a long running family soap opera.

Hey, no problem. I try not to troll, at least not here in the main forum.;) Check my history, I only post on Colt's issues, in threads that are already there. As a veteran of the RATS board, I know all to well how annoying trolls can be.:(

I have a lot of respect for what the Patriots have accomplished and what they are capable of in the years to come. They're certainly not done, by any means. I feel like you guys will have a shot as long as you have Tom Brady, much like the Colt's and Peyton.

Actually, with all the free agent signings, the pats HAVE to be the favorites going into next season. However, my Colt's will be right there again as well. Can you imagine another Colt's/Pats AFCCG? I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

Peace.:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back