Welcome to PatsFans.com

What? No posts about the John Edwards scandal?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

You have to admit then when Democrats are engaged in bad behaviors, they're much better at it than Republicans. Did Craig, like Clinton, leaves evidence behind? Did Sanford, like Edwards, makes tapes of him and his mistress having sex? The John Edwards scandal has it all -- sex, lies, videotape, and even a baby, and it's all out there. I wonder if at some point the videotape will be leaked to the internet?
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well since you brought it up, after watching 20/20 last night, it is clear that John Edwards really is the absolute slime of humanity. Some of us have known this for years, others are just realizing it right now.

But since he isn't Bristol Palin, he doesn't get as much media attention as he deserves. The only reason it is in the news this week is because of an individual doing a publicity tour for a new book.
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

By the way, I would like to join Rielle "monkey-face" Hunter in her lawsuit to keep the videotape not made public. I don't think our nation could recover after seeing such a phenomenally ugly woman doing "what comes natural."

But I do love how she completely screwed over her boyfriend by lying to him, telling him she was biologically incapable of getting pregnant. Nice to see no honor amongst thieves.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  4. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

I always found him to be a rather slimy character, though it does surprise me that his looks matched his personality. That said, his anti-poverty message was truly wonderful. We need to take poverty more seriously in this country. There are a lot of people out there who are genuinely hurting, and these people are from all walks of life and all political persuasions. For instance, the number of veterans out there who are in deep poverty and mental anguish is staggering. The very poor are often portrayed by conservatives as to lazy to do anything but wait in line and get a monthly welfare check. Well, there are many very poor who are not eligible, even in Massachusetts, for even that. There are many very poor who are veterans. There are many who have disabilities. Edwards, for all his faults, at least brought greater attention to the kind of poverty that not only liberals feel our nation should address.
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Wolfpack, you crack me up. If someone called Bristol Palin "monkey face" you'd be having a fit yet you see no problem in mentioning both Palin and Reille in consecutive posts - telling people what terrible things "they'd" do in one post and then doing it yourself in the very next breath.

You don't even see your own hypocrisy, do you?
  6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you did. I am sure if we looked up things you said about him in 2004, we would see you calling him a slimy character :rolleyes:
  7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If someone called Bristol Palin "monkey faced" I wouldn't have a fit, I would just tell them to get their eyes checked. I didn't have a fit when the left wing went off on the ugliness that was Linda Tripp, in fact if anything I agreed. But of course a whore like Rielle won't get anywhere near the same treatment that Tripp did.
    You're putting words in my mouth, telling me how I would react to a hypothetical situation, and then calling me a hypocrite for things I never said.

You don't even see your own ridiculousness, do you?
  8. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

I liked him, in fact at one time I even supported him, but I always found his greased back hair and shiny face to be quite slimy. I still like him. He's a sleazeball in his personal life, but to my knowledge in terms of his service to the people he was principled and compassionate. I still admire Clinton, as do many Americans, but not for his personal life.
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Let the record show that, when describing an individual who cheated on his cancer stricken wife, lied to her, lied to the country, assumed the moral high ground by regularly talking about how much he loved his wife and how important trustworthiness is, fathered a bastard out of wedlock, repeatedly denied being the father, asked a campaign staffer to take responsibility, illegally misappropriated campaign funds to engage in a coverup, continued lying to his cancer-stricken wife, then finally owned up to all his disgusting activites when about a dozen media outlets took pictures of him with his hands in the cookie jar, the official Patters response is:

"I still like him."
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

I do, but he wouldn't get my vote at this point. He obviously has some serious problems. But, his political views are pretty good. Do you object to kids learning about Ben Franklin?
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +490 / 2 / -9

Imagine the treatment that MSNBC especially Mush Mouth Matthews gave to Sarah Palin simply because they are scared of her message (conservative right wing) but they hardly mention this Scumsucking Diarrhea Weasel Of A Man Edwards, they devoted weeks Trashing Palin, do you hear me, f-cking weeks, god damn rotten nasty drooling swine sh!t.

Pretty Boy Edwards should be hand cuffed then castrated on the Glenn Beck Show with a hedge clipper.

Jesus Christ God
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

I think it's getting a lot of press, especially for someone who is a has-been in the political world since the Democratic primaries.
  13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No I don't. Is Ben Franklin an individual who cheated on his cancer stricken wife, lied to her, lied to the country, assumed the moral high ground by regularly talking about how much he loved his wife and how important trustworthiness is, fathered a bastard out of wedlock, repeatedly denied being the father, asked a campaign staffer to take responsibility, illegally misappropriated campaign funds to engage in a coverup, continued lying to his cancer-stricken wife, then finally owned up to all his disgusting activites when about a dozen media outlets took pictures of him with his hands in the cookie jar?
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Ben Franklin had as many as 30 illegitimate children, though some argue there's only truly hard evidence for one of them. But, even so, by the standards of the day, his behavior was certainly as scandalous as that of Edwards.
  15. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +397 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

There's no need for a thread because Edwards is done. He's a non issue. Liberals may like to laugh at Republicans who get themselves in trouble, I think Republicans have bigger issues like dealing with the crap we have leading the country right now. IMO this isn't a political story, it's just a crappy, sad human story.
  16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"As many as 30"? You must have gone to those special public schools where they just make stuff up. Do you have a valid reference for this ridiculous claim? Everything I've ever heard said he had one illegitimate child, conceived before he was even married.

Wow. That was a pathetic attempt at a misdirection, even by your intellectually and morally bankrupt standards. Note: I am not calling you personally intellectually and morally bankrupt. Just the standards by which you have drawn the above comparison.
  17. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

The numbers vary. I've read 1, I've read 13, but if you tabulate all the various claims you come up with something like 30. At any rate, he admitted to one illegitimate child, which in those days was quite scandalous. That said my basic point was really quite simple. Can you appreciate the public achievements of men (and women) who are failures in their private lives? That's a yes or no question.

As far as calling my standards "intellectually and morally bankrupt," I'll have you know that cliches make me smile.
  18. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

Wasn't this scooped a couple of years ago by the National Enquirer? Aren't they going to win a Pulitzer for it now?
  19. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Edwards' ex-aide: Sex tape is somewhere 'safe' - People.com

Case is closed!
  20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +490 / 2 / -9

Ben Franklin and his 30 illegitimate kids would fit right in with todays MTV society, he'd be a full time guest on The View and Good Morning America, the liberals would love him.

I wonder how many illegitimate's Obama's father had, Barry's got brothers and sisters all over the world.....:confused:

THE END IS NEAR, PREPARE

SOFTLY AND TENDERLY JESUS IS CALLING, CALLING FOR YOU AND FOR ME

:bricks: