PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What NFL teams stat is vastly overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there has been like 1 or 2 other teams to win their first 14 games. That was an amazing season and deserves every bit of credit it got. They did it with their backup QB for the majority of the year.

I must agree with Aqua in this matter.

If the Pats went 19-0 en route to winning the Super Bowl would we disregard its significance if the NFL regular season was extended to 18 games five years from now?

The all-time joke has to be the Packers home-winning streak. For years it was that they never lost a game at Lambeau when it was 40 degrees or below. Then 38 degrees or below. Then 33 degrees or below. Then below freezing. Then below 30 degrees.

Right now, the Packers have never lost a regular season game at Lambeau on Sunday afternoons when the temperature is below 30 degrees and not playing against a left-handed African American quarterback or a quarterback wearing #12, or when the moon is in its waning phase.

Damn that's impressive.

I must agree with Aqua in this matter.

If the Pats went 19-0 en route to winning the Super Bowl would we disregard its significance if the NFL regular season was extended to 18 games five years from now?

Right. The non-impressive aspect of the perfect season wasn't that there were only 14 games, but that they only played, I believe, one team with a winning record. It was probably the easiest schedule in history.

Yet, it's never been duplicated, so it's significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back