PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What new player do you really hope hits it big?

ivanvamp

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Of all the new players - free agents, draftees, UDFAs, trades - who do you most want to succeed big-time in 2013? For me, it comes down to the following people:

- WR Dobson - I think he has the potential to be a special talent, and I'd love to see him, at his size, become a dominant outside WR for the Patriots.

- DT Armstead - When they signed him, I got excited, because he has a ton of ability. It would be great for the Pats to get big-time push on the pocket from the inside, which will make a guy like Chandler Jones even more dangerous.

- WR Amendola - Not surprising to have another WR on my list, because the Pats have all kinds of offensive (specifically, pass receiving) holes to fill. I think the kid is really good, and I hope we get a whole year out of him at full health and productivity.

- S Wilson - Love hard-hitting, intimidating safeties that just knock the crap out of people. I hope Wilson has enough gas in the tank to really help the secondary, because if he really plays like he is capable, he's a tremendous player.

Of the new guys, who are the ones you want to see be very successful this year?

Collins..."Flacco drops back and looks downfield...as usual, the big Gawk ignores the rush and 'WHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", Jamie Collins from off the edge smashes the Gawk into another Twilight Zone 4 for 9, 36 yard passing performance...SOF..."

Since we are counting on 100 receptions from him, I'd have to say Amendnola.

Tim Tebow.

Dobson. It would be huge if he became a viable #2 WR/deep threat his rookie year like Browns WR Josh Gordon.

Our main obstacle in the AFC is the Broncos, and old man Champ at age 35 is prone to getting torched deep (Torrey Smith playoff game), we need to be able to take advantage of that.

Armstead or Collins. I want an elite D.

What new player do you really hope hits it big?

Which new player do I hope hits it big?? :confused:

I'm gonna go with: All'f'm.* :D

*Except Tebow, of course. :nono:

Ben Bartholomew, Kanorris Davis, and Zach Sudfeld

Collins, Amendola, Dobson, and Harmon.

DE/LB Collins - If he reaches his athletic potential he will transform the NE defense. ie. it won't be recognizable anymore.

Michael Buchanan. I think he would thrive as a situational pass rusher.

Michael Buchanan

He got no respect in the draft and seems ready for the NFL

I hope he first makes the roster and then into a regular role on defense

Mike has been my binky since the draft and I still feel the same,he'll make the 53 or PS at worst

Tebow, Amendola

I hope they all help.......

Aaron Dobson---hands down.

We certainly will need someone to step up and contribute, and Dobson would be the ideal choice in my opinion.

Armstead and Kelly a inside pass rush would really help the DB's a lot

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back