PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What moves are yet to be made in FA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Anyone feel like speculating?? I think we still get one of the vet FA DE's, depth at corner (Sheldon Brown comes to mind), and a little O-line depth.

i hope we sign abraham having him to mentor t younger players would be good enough but he is still putting up great numbers then we can focus on getting a CB or a DT in the first and getting a DE in the 2nd or 3rd

Anyone feel like speculating?? I think we still get one of the vet FA DE's, depth at corner (Sheldon Brown comes to mind), and a little O-line depth.

At this point, I can only see them bringing in either a camp body or a sudden shocking cut from another team (e.g., Brian Waters).

i hope we sign abraham having him to mentor t younger players would be good enough but he is still putting up great numbers then we can focus on getting a CB or a DT in the first and getting a DE in the 2nd or 3rd

I wanted Abraham until I heard Holley talk about him the other day, and he has good insight into Atlanta from the book he wrote on the draft a few years back. According to Holley Abraham is really high maintenance and isn't leader but rather a guy who doesn't work that hard, acts like a diva, and sleeps through meetings.

I think they are going to wait until after the draft to see what their remaining needs are and address them then.

BEFORE THE DRAFT
1. Sanders or Lloyd
2. perhaps a DE

AFTER THE DRAFT
3. backup OG
4. lots of UDFA's, at all positions
5. JAGs at CB, S, WR, ST, OL
6. perhaps a RB (a short yardage back would be nice)

BEFORE THE DRAFT
1. Sanders or Lloyd
2. perhaps a DE

AFTER THE DRAFT
3. backup OG
4. lots of UDFA's, at all positions
5. JAGs at CB, S, WR, ST, OL
6. perhaps a RB (a short yardage back would be nice)

Sanders is a given.

I don't believe Lloyd is coming back, i don't think they want him at any price.

Agree on back-up interior OL.

Agree on UDFA's

Agree on Jags

Agree they will add DL

Don't see any more RB's other than UDFA

I'm surprised there is no mention of OLB, I can't see them going into the season with only Tarpinian and Rivera as back-ups. I don't want to see either starting for them at any time.

Shaun Phillips
Braylon Edwards or Legedu Naanee

Veteran depth competing for positions that aren't quite secure, imo.

Ninkovich is our backup OLB. We could bring Scott back.

I still don't think Sanders is a given. Lloyd is only listed as an alternative if PITT matches Sanders.

Sanders is a given.

I don't believe Lloyd is coming back, i don't think they want him at any price.

Agree on back-up interior OL.

Agree on UDFA's

Agree on Jags

Agree they will add DL

Don't see any more RB's other than UDFA

I'm surprised there is no mention of OLB, I can't see them going into the season with only Tarpinian and Rivera as back-ups. I don't want to see either starting for them at any time.

I still don't think Sanders is a given. Lloyd is only listed as an alternative if PITT matches Sanders.

I should have been clearer, I only meant that the decision on Sanders would be in before the draft, not that they will get him, i am still very unsure on that.

OLB is the position that I have the most questions about at this point. I am really not sure about how Belichick is looking at his roster and when i looked at their team depth chart Rivera was one 2nd string OLB and rivera the other, and if that is true then I really think OLB moves to a high priority status. It still doesn't move ahead of WR but it is definitely a need. Obviously it all depends upon how Belichick is viewing guys like Ninkovich as OLB's in a 4-3, and that's where the questions come in.

I don't think they let Lloyd go because of his cap hit, I think they let him go because Belichick doesn't like him as a player. I could be wrong but I don't think Belichick would bring him back at vet minimum, they need to get tougher all around and he is a soft player. i think jones was brought in to replace him even though his numbers don't match Lloyd's production. Like Amendola they are counting on Brady to seriously improve jones production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes