Welcome to PatsFans.com

What moves are yet to be made in FA...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Joey007, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey007

Joey007 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Anyone feel like speculating?? I think we still get one of the vet FA DE's, depth at corner (Sheldon Brown comes to mind), and a little O-line depth.
  2. EwanSellars

EwanSellars Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i hope we sign abraham having him to mentor t younger players would be good enough but he is still putting up great numbers then we can focus on getting a CB or a DT in the first and getting a DE in the 2nd or 3rd
  3. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -1

At this point, I can only see them bringing in either a camp body or a sudden shocking cut from another team (e.g., Brian Waters).
  4. Ivan

Ivan Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 4 / -4

I wanted Abraham until I heard Holley talk about him the other day, and he has good insight into Atlanta from the book he wrote on the draft a few years back. According to Holley Abraham is really high maintenance and isn't leader but rather a guy who doesn't work that hard, acts like a diva, and sleeps through meetings.
  5. Ivan

Ivan Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 4 / -4

I think they are going to wait until after the draft to see what their remaining needs are and address them then.
  6. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 1 / -0

BEFORE THE DRAFT
    1. Sanders or Lloyd
    2. perhaps a DE

AFTER THE DRAFT
    3. backup OG
    4. lots of UDFA's, at all positions
    5. JAGs at CB, S, WR, ST, OL
    6. perhaps a RB (a short yardage back would be nice)

7. Ivan

Ivan Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 4 / -4

Sanders is a given.

I don't believe Lloyd is coming back, i don't think they want him at any price.

Agree on back-up interior OL.

Agree on UDFA's

Agree on Jags

Agree they will add DL

Don't see any more RB's other than UDFA

I'm surprised there is no mention of OLB, I can't see them going into the season with only Tarpinian and Rivera as back-ups. I don't want to see either starting for them at any time.
  8. Shockt327

Shockt327 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Shaun Phillips
    Braylon Edwards or Legedu Naanee

Veteran depth competing for positions that aren't quite secure, imo.
  9. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 1 / -0

Ninkovich is our backup OLB. We could bring Scott back.

I still don't think Sanders is a given. Lloyd is only listed as an alternative if PITT matches Sanders.

10. Ivan

Ivan Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 4 / -4

I should have been clearer, I only meant that the decision on Sanders would be in before the draft, not that they will get him, i am still very unsure on that.

OLB is the position that I have the most questions about at this point. I am really not sure about how Belichick is looking at his roster and when i looked at their team depth chart Rivera was one 2nd string OLB and rivera the other, and if that is true then I really think OLB moves to a high priority status. It still doesn't move ahead of WR but it is definitely a need. Obviously it all depends upon how Belichick is viewing guys like Ninkovich as OLB's in a 4-3, and that's where the questions come in.
  11. Ivan

Ivan Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 4 / -4

I don't think they let Lloyd go because of his cap hit, I think they let him go because Belichick doesn't like him as a player. I could be wrong but I don't think Belichick would bring him back at vet minimum, they need to get tougher all around and he is a soft player. i think jones was brought in to replace him even though his numbers don't match Lloyd's production. Like Amendola they are counting on Brady to seriously improve jones production.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.