PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What move would you like the pats to make to counter this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DW - Since you clearly just woke up and have missed some things (that can be the only explanation for your uninformed comments), Moss was not traded because of Bill O'Brien. Moss was traded because, week after week, he's been a detriment to the coaches.

Pre-Week1: Kick off dinner with Pats Sponsors. Moss is assigned to the Raytheon table. Moss leaves table, goes to corner, puts headphones on, and refuses to re-join table.

Week 1: National Anthem Antics in which the Patriots got a memo from the league. Interruption of the Special Teams Huddle while Scott O'Brien is trying to give last minute. Moss was supposedly caught on microphone saying the "N-word" to each of the players in the huddle. Post-Game Press Conference Appearance (Unscheduled).

Weeks 2/3: It hasn't come out yet, but supposedly, such things have continued.

Week 4: Altercation with Bill O'Brien at half-time. Supposed altercation with Teammates on the plane back.

Moss took issue with the Pats not wanting to give him an extension now and it seems that he was doing things to make the situation for the Pats coaching staff untenable.

Can't blame the Pats for trading him.

What are your sources for the first 2?

2nd for Lee Evans............... fug it.... give up our 2nd 1st if you have to. An unassuming guy that will commit and won't be such a ***** about it too.

sign the beast...

Take the money saved from trading Moss and use it to entice Schobel to come here

I would like to see the Pats bring on a guy like Willie Parker or trade for Julius Jones (SEA)... Faulk and Taylor out makes the depth at RB a precarious situation.

Steve Smith on Carolina, if his ankle is ok.

Typical Pats player from early 2000's. Basically another version of Welker with more speed. Tough, physical, quick, reliable hands, plays with chip on his shoulder, great in the possession receiving game, big play threat once he has the ball in his hands, gets good separation, goes over the middle, plays with no fear, shows up every game and plays hard. He strikes me as a clutch/big game player as well, and I think he's had some very solid playoff games IIRC. I think Brady would love him.

As nice as V-Jax would be, it's not happening. If we were going to cut bait with Moss, I wish it would've happened in the offseason so we could've made a serious run at Marshall or Boldin.

Didn't V-Jax score pretty highly on the Wonderlic? I actually think he's a pretty bright guy that has just made some dumb decisions. Plus, he's a physical freak at 6'5 with a 4.45-4.5 forty. Plus he's physical, unlike Moss. He'd be a great add, but it won't happen.

I think Smith is more realistic. I think there were murmurs of him being on the block in 09. He's 31 and under contract through 2012 with cap hits around 7.5 million. On second thought, can't imagine Pats making a move like that. They didn't want to trade for Boldin, who is younger, and give him 7 million per year, right? So why would they do this?

I would like to see the Pats bring on a guy like Willie Parker or trade for Julius Jones (SEA)... Faulk and Taylor out makes the depth at RB a precarious situation.

Wasn't Julius Jones cut to make room for Lynch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back