PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What move would you like the pats to make to counter this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win the Super Bowl.
th_coffee.gif

Win the Super Bowl.
th_coffee.gif

In 2020? Brady will be 40 by then but hey we'll have collected 50 3rd round picks by then so we can dominate!
Oh but we won't have any 7ths or any players with more than a year of experience. Is that a dealbreaker? :p

Last edited:
Jack, I am a fan of specific athletes as well. Moss was a HOF player. I enjoyed watching him perform here. Because of Bill O'Brien we dump Moss? If the Vikes kick our ass and we win the rest I will be ok with that. The FO has it coming for taking a lousy third round pick for him. I think I am as irritated at that. They do not deal from strength any more.
DW Toys

DW - Since you clearly just woke up and have missed some things (that can be the only explanation for your uninformed comments), Moss was not traded because of Bill O'Brien. Moss was traded because, week after week, he's been a detriment to the coaches.

Pre-Week1: Kick off dinner with Pats Sponsors. Moss is assigned to the Raytheon table. Moss leaves table, goes to corner, puts headphones on, and refuses to re-join table.

Week 1: National Anthem Antics in which the Patriots got a memo from the league. Interruption of the Special Teams Huddle while Scott O'Brien is trying to give last minute. Moss was supposedly caught on microphone saying the "N-word" to each of the players in the huddle. Post-Game Press Conference Appearance (Unscheduled).

Weeks 2/3: It hasn't come out yet, but supposedly, such things have continued.

Week 4: Altercation with Bill O'Brien at half-time. Supposed altercation with Teammates on the plane back.

Moss took issue with the Pats not wanting to give him an extension now and it seems that he was doing things to make the situation for the Pats coaching staff untenable.

Can't blame the Pats for trading him.

When Lauren Tompson finally shuts her pie hole I will tell you.

Okay here it is fellas..........

ready for it??

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! HA!

Oh I read the thread wrong I thought it said what moves I think they are going to make. What would I like to see?? Steve Smith is one I would take a look at if his contract isn't too big or long term. Shoot, what would it take to get Jabar Gaffney back here, Denver seems to have plenty of wideouts and he knows the system.

Evans has worn out his welcome for a reason. He's an overrated player.
Evans has worn out his welcome because he's packed it in because he's tired of playing for a pathetic organization that doesn't see the benefit in hiring the right people to do their jobs.

He may well be overrated but it's kinda tough to properly analyze given that he's spent his career in an offense that not only doesn't have many skill players on it but which has had a revolving door at the QB, OL and OC positions for the entire time he's been there. Kinda tough to shine under such circumstances!

I have seen Evans play a ton on local TV and he's a supremely talented player .... if he's allowed to showcase that talent which hasn't been the case for him.

But he could do so here!

Trade a 2nd round pick to Buffalo for Chad Jackson! :bricks:

We got tom brady for a 6th, got 3 superbowls, so a 5th should be fair compensation in a brady trade. Decent value tbh.
Has QB12 been a malcontent who according to reports complained daily about his contract situation?

Did you see Brady draw attention to himself on opening day, detracting from Wes Welker's triumphant 2TD return and a big win against what was supposed to be a good team?

I could go on but what's the point? I'm as pissed as anyone that ochouno is gone, but he wanted out due to his contract situation and it seems that behind the scenes he shot himself out of town...

Last edited:
Evans has worn out his welcome because he's packed it in because he's tired of playing for a pathetic organization that doesn't see the benefit in hiring the right people to do their jobs.

He may well be overrated but it's kinda tough to properly analyze given that he's spent his career in an offense that not only doesn't have many skill players on it but which has had a revolving door at the QB, OL and OC positions for the entire time he's been there. Kinda tough to shine under such circumstances!

I have seen Evans play a ton on local TV and he's a supremely talented player .... if he's allowed to showcase that talent which hasn't been the case for him.

But he could do so here!

Bad news for you. Even if everything you said is true (and i'm not convinced).
Evans makes way too much money for the Pats to even consider him.
"WR Lee Evans $9.87M - Base of $9 Million this year."
Bills Daily - Salary Cap Page

Last edited:
Trade everyone in the organization that makes over 4MM or is over the age of 27. Including TB 12 for 2 #1s, #2, #3.

Keep on trading back the picks until the NFL finally implements a rookie salary cap.

Make sure you advance 1 round for every 1 for 1 trade to compensate for the time value of the talent.

Draft a bunch of SEC talent from the AAA programs being run by Saban and Meyer.

Call me in 2016.

Last edited:
Bad news for you. Even if everything you said is true (and i'm not convinced).
Evans makes way too much money for the Pats to even consider him.
"WR Lee Evans $9.87M - Base of $9 Million this year."
Bills Daily - Salary Cap Page
You are not convinced that Evans has been playing on a lousy team with all kinds of personnel and coaching issues?

Or that he's given up?

Far as I know there is no cap issues to contend with.

Please get Vincent Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please get this guy!!!!!!!!!!!! This offense will suffer some without a deep threat!!!! Imagine if this trade happened right before the playoff disaster last year! The Pats are extremely lucky that Wes Welker recovered from knee surgery quickly. If Holt wasn't injured, then we would've had 4WRs to throw to.

SO PLEASE GET VINCENT JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please get Vincent Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please get this guy!!!!!!!!!!!! This offense will suffer some without a deep threat!!!! Imagine if this trade happened right before the playoff disaster last year! The Pats are extremely lucky that Wes Welker recovered from knee surgery quickly. If Holt wasn't injured, then we would've had 4WRs to throw to.

SO PLEASE GET VINCENT JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESPN just said there is NO WAY the Pats go after VJAX, so, take that as you will

I'd take a minor (read : not give up much) trade for Branch. Someone who wouldn't cost a lot in draft picks but knows the offensive concepts (BoB isn't Weis but the concepts remain) and knows Brady. We do need another outside WR to go with Tate and the Seahawks are OK with Tate, Williams and Butler going forward.

A few backup running backs New England could target before the trade deadline, if they were available.

Dallas - Tashard Choice
Cleveland - Jerome Harrison
Carolina - Mike Goodson

Running backs they could sign during the off-season.

Joseph Addai

Haloti Ngata. After he is franchised,give Baltimore our 2010 first+ 2011 first and call it a day.

Other noteable players I like. Ray Edwards,Deangelo Williams,Ahmad Bradshaw.

As far as countering for Moss this year? I don't think they will need to. Tate is a badass.

Ask the Vikings if you could give them their 3rd round pick back for Moss.

This is seriously a stupid trade.

The Pats gave up a 3rd and a 5th for Burgess.
I think they would have traded him for a 7th if thats all they could have gotten.
Oakland Randy was back and his time was up.
IF he wasnt traded a cut, benching or suspension was coming IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back