Welcome to PatsFans.com

What McCain is in for

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Today, the Obama campaign will release a 13 minute video about McCain's connections to Keating and his failure to learn the lessons of Keating:

Keating Economics | Watch the Video and Share It with Your Friends

This is in response to the guilty-by-association claims of the McCain campaign with regard to Obama having sat on the same board as Ayers.

If the McCain campaign continues to play the guilty by association card, then I wonder if liberal groups will respond with info about McCain having sat on the board of a group that the ADL denounced as anti-Semitic and racist, about McCain's connection to a member of the Russian mafia, about his association with Watergate crook G. Gordon Liddy, about Sarah Palin's husband who belonged to a secessionist party, and about allegations by prominent conservative Republicans (such as former Congressman Bob Dornan and former US Senator Bob Smith-NH) that McCain collaborated with the North Vietnamese and against the MIAs, as well as scandals involving womanizing and adultery.

Given his long career, if the McCain campaign chooses to play the guilt by association card, I suspect Democrats and their supporters will hit back very hard. Then again, McCain may well prefer this to actually talking about the issues.
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +188 / 7 / -23

The standard of Guilt by Association, has been played over and over again by McCain and his Rovian minions... not sure how this will all play out.. prefer they stick to the issues.. these themes on both sides will not resonate well with the American People after a while.
  3. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

In that sense, the Obama campaign is smart to respond to Ayers with Keating, especially since the Keating scandal involves lessons for today's economic crisis. The film will be released at noon today. I suspect the Obama campaign had it ready, but decided to do some last minute editing to make it more relevant to the current crisis.

I agree that it would be a shame if the campaign moved away from issues, and I doubt if Obama will let that happen, given that the main issues work to his favor. At the same time, he will surely be more aggressive in responding to any Rovian swiftboat attacks.
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +291 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

All McCain was sanctioned (maybe that's the wrong word but whatever) on Keating was "bad judgement". He did nothing wrong. F*cking Obama, I can't believe he's actually gonna be President. My new campaign slogan :

"Change to What ?"
  5. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

But isn't that as bad as having sat on a committee that featured a man who committed a terrorist act when Obama was 8 years old? It's guilt by association, though in Keating's case the association with McCain is certainly much closer and there were clearly lessons to be learned from the Keating scandal that McCain's voting record shows he never learned.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You're shatting on everybody now. Keating, which McCain never had anything to do with (as is noted in the public record), is somehow "equivalent" to Bill Ayer's Weather underground terrorist organization, which blew up bombs to kill people??!! Are you using drugs??

Bring this the freak on!!! :D This will be fun, seeing these bogus charges blow up in Obama's face. And will allow the exposing of BarackO huffing on crack cocaine while receiving oral sex ... from some guy (who says he likes other men). :eek: Not the stuff of a presidential resume. Nevertheless, if that's where you insist on going ... so be it.

:singing: ------------- :singing:

//
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

The people don't give a sh!t about "Keating" what they really want to know is more about The Messiah & His Friend Ayers The Terrorist Bomber Killer Bastard, Beautiful Michelle was also a good friend of this killer.

Who Is The Real Obama-----:confused:
  8. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Ayers committed his crime when Obama was 8 years old, so it's difficult to link Obama to terrorism. Ayers and Obama sat on a committee that was funded by a foundation created by a good friend of the Reagans, Walter Annenberg. On the other hand, McCain met with Keating and embraced the policies that allowed the S&L scandal to unfold when McCain was an adult. McCain had more to do with Keating and the S&L scandal than Obama had to do with the Weather Underground.

Like McCain, I think you're out of touch.
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +309 / 4 / -2

So McCain gets "the politics of hope" or "change", or was it "a different kind of politics", I get confused it's changed so many times (and still looks the same), to hit him on Keating, while McLame returns fire with Wright, Ayers, Fleger, etc. The more we hear about things being different, the more they sound the same.
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

McCain is running all negative ads and has begun attacking Obama on guilt by association. To its credit, Obama has at least responded with a relevant association, namely that the Keating-McCain-S&L scandal is meaningful to the current economic crisis, while Ayers is only relevant to those who believe that Obama is evil for sitting on a charitable committee that also included someone who committed a crime when Obama was 8 years old.

Obama is the position to run the more positive campaign, given that the American people want the war in Iraq to end and blame the economic crisis on Republicans. But, the Obama campaign certainly understands that swiftboating is an effective political tool that must be forcefully responded to. If Obama refuses to fight fire with fire, it will play into the hands of those like you who want to maintain the status quo, as bad as it is.
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +309 / 4 / -2

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

Nice talking point about his being 8 years old. As I like to say, what's that got to do with the price of banana's? So I guess if I hung out with Charles Manson, I'd be cool, since I was like 2 when he went on his slaughtering spree? Please. I guess if my 3 year old nephew hangs out with Osama in 20 years, it'll be alright. Afterall, my nephew wasn't even born when Osama ordered the attack on the WTC. :rolleyes:

Obam-uh, as I've said from day 1, is no different than any other bum who's run for office. The only difference is that this time around, he's your bum, and not someone else's.