PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What may cost us the SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder sometimes how many of us here actually buy into whether these wackjobs that purport to be Patriots fans are ,in actuality, Patriots fans.

Compared to you, a 1st grader has a better understanding of the English language. You make me look like a freaking god of the English language.

You've not had one well structured argument since you started posting.

BTW, why don't you stick to the subject you started. Or can't you be bothered when actual facts are presented with the correct context?
It should be hyphenated, what I have bolded. "[W]ell-structured" is a compound modifier, and "first-grader" should be spelled out and hyphenated. Ordinals should be spelled out just like cardinals, up to 10. I'm an English teacher at an elite private boarding school in NH. Suits and ties. All very Kevin Kline.

Sorry for calling you fat, DaBruinz. My belly isn't all that it should be, now that I look down. I think, however, I can still see my feet.

I'm just getting tired of all the gratuitous abuse for being analytical and not bowing down to Belichick. He's great, but he's also human. Some of you are just plain sycophantic.

I do agree with PatsWickedPassah. It is indeed a body of work, which is why this year is so momentous for the Patriots. Brady and Belichick should both be considered the greatest at their respective positions if they win it all this year. I think they will, thumping the Giants in the SB, 42-10. Let's hope. Then we officially have a dynasty on our hands, gentlemen.

Having said that, prepare for people to complain that the Patriots were only good when they were cheating etc etc if they fall short. Hogwash, I know. But they were caught cheating the year they went undefeated in the regular season. And I don't care if G-d forbid Brady goes down again. No excuses. We had a winner in Cassel.

My point is that bringing up a draft class that was poor does play a part. Teams are built principally through the draft. If we don't have that kicker--curiously that was what some questioned at the time, taking a kicker with such a high draft choice. They said he'd be available later, much like some have said with this year's Sea Bass--the 2006 draft class is an unmitigated disaster.

I've been disappointed in Maroney. In the SB if he had busted through a few arm tackles, the game changes its complexion. I think we have two running backs on the roster who are better if he doesn't show improvement. And I was so high on him when we drafted him out of Minnesota. Great character, etc.

I wonder sometimes how many of us here actually buy into whether these wackjobs that purport to be Patriots fans are ,in actuality, Patriots fans.
Do you know the answer?

I don't know many who were die-hard enough to sit through and watch every game of the Rod Rust 2-14 season. If you did--were the type of fan you claim I'm not--you'd know whom Rod Rust walked off the field with, arm in arm. I know the answer because I've watched every game that year. Years before. Years afterwards.

Oh, you're so uptight and heavy man! Under certain uncontrolled situations I'd definitely let them play with heavy equipment.

:rofl:

Worth rep if we had it.

:rofl:

Worth rep if we had it.
The only problem with rep over here was it was anonymous. It's actually a handy tool for feedback without all the 'I agree' posts.

The only problem with rep over here was it was anonymous. It's actually a handy tool for feedback without all the 'I agree' posts.

So you miss the old AOL days, eh?

So you miss the old AOL days, eh?
My interwebz persona isn't 'that' old, my exposure to rep comes from Teh Planet where, yes, some do get carried away, but for the most part it's turned into another fun way to give folks a pat on the back for their brief moments of lucidity or humor. :cool: It would probably be more negative over here given the nature of this board, but I could see it working as long as we know who doesn't want us communicating with them, poor sensitive souls that they are.

Do you know the answer?

I don't know many who were die-hard enough to sit through and watch every game of the Rod Rust 2-14 season. If you did--were the type of fan you claim I'm not--you'd know whom Rod Rust walked off the field with, arm in arm. I know the answer because I've watched every game that year. Years before. Years afterwards.

well,heiroglyphs aside, you post like you have a guilty conscience. I had season's tickets from 1978 to 96. No, I don't know who Rod Rust walked off the field with that day. You win "Anal Retentive Whiny 'Englush'(sic) Teacher" of the last half century. Go down to Dunkin' Donuts and collect your prize, a stale bran muffin with margerine.

well,heiroglyphs aside, you post like you have a guilty conscience. I had season's tickets from 1978 to 96. No, I don't know who Rod Rust walked off the field with that day. You win "Anal Retentive Whiny 'Englush'(sic) Teacher" of the last half century. Go down to Dunkin' Donuts and collect your prize, a stale bran muffin with margerine.

I thought it came with a tub of lard. . . . :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots