PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What makes the angels that much better?

D-Money

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I find it laughable that all these columnist think the angels are that much better then the red sox yet the red sox have score more runs, have a higher on base percentage and their pitching has been great lately going into october.The angels have also feasted on the AL West which is a horrible division.The red sox play in a tough division.I just think this team for a defending champion hasnt gotten the respect of the writers.They beat us 8-1 in the regular season but post-season is a different beast and pitching is what dominates.

I find it laughable that all these columnist think the angels are that much better then the red sox yet the red sox have score more runs, have a higher on base percentage and their pitching has been great lately going into october.The angels have also feasted on the AL West which is a horrible division.The red sox play in a tough division.I just think this team for a defending champion hasnt gotten the respect of the writers.They beat us 8-1 in the regular season but post-season is a different beast and pitching is what dominates.

I think you partly answered your own question. They kicked our ass in the regular season and picked up Texeira at the deadline. Our pitching has been solid but we had/have question marks due to injuries - especially with Lowell at 3rd. Their Pen is as good as it gets. Our Pen hasn't exactly set the world on fire and ultimately cost us the division.

You can say what you want about their division, but they only won 6 more games against the West (36) than they did against the East (30). Winning 100 games is impressive no matter how you shake it.

I don't think the Sox have been overlooked or have not received the proper amount of respect, the media is just looking at this objectively.

The sox did what they absolutely had to do and that was take at least one game in LA. Now, if Dice can pitch his ass off and/or the offense can produce a 6-8 runs and head back to Boston up 2-0 the series will be over.

While it is true that they did win 8 of 9, they basically had us when we were down. Post season we start off 0-0 and now we are 1-0.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back