PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What looks to be the biggest mismatch in the Pats/Colts game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the biggest difference to me between Addai and Maroney
- Addai is superb with grabbing the ball and pounding it right up the gut,especially since the tackles and center are very good whic hgets him nice holes to run up into,However when he gets to the outside he seems out of character and usually gets little gains most of the time

The opposite for Maroney who does not rush into the middle of the LOS too well but when he gets a nice run to either side of the field you know its going for at least 10 or more yards - Maroney is NOT a good up the middle runner IMO,Addai is and thats the difference between these two.

Addai is a superb stretch/off tackle runner. His game lacks very little. Maroney is turning out to be a bust, and I actually thought Morris should've been the #1 back for NE. Too bad he's on IR now, hopefully he'll come back strong next year.

Thats the biggest difference to me between Addai and Maroney
- Addai is superb with grabbing the ball and pounding it right up the gut,especially since the tackles and center are very good whic hgets him nice holes to run up into,However when he gets to the outside he seems out of character and usually gets little gains most of the time

The opposite for Maroney who does not rush into the middle of the LOS too well but when he gets a nice run to either side of the field you know its going for at least 10 or more yards - Maroney is NOT a good up the middle runner IMO,Addai is and thats the difference between these two.

So what do you think they'll do about the hole at RB? The Dillon thing is intriguing, but it somehow seems out of place. Neither Evans or Eckel seem like they can't get past the first tackler. Faulk found some new power though so maybe they'll stand fast and add Troy.

Last edited:
So what do you think they'll do about the hole at RB? The Dillon thing is intriguing, but it somehow seems out of place. Neither Evans or Eckel seem like they can't get past the first tackler. Faulk found some new power though so maybe they'll stand fast and add Troy.

I really wish I knew,Maroney is no guarantee to last all season as his health has been an issue from his 1st game - in all likelyhood durability is always going to be a problem with Laurence.

I wish Preist Holmes was out of work looking for a job,I always liked the Preist and I hear now of how good a condition he is back in right now,his running style would be great on this team although his age is a bit up there.

I really wish I knew,Maroney is no guarantee to last all season as his health has been an issue from his 1st game - in all likelyhood durability is always going to be a problem with Laurence.

I wish Preist Holmes was out of work looking for a job,I always liked the Preist and I hear now of how good a condition he is back in right now,his running style would be great on this team although his age is a bit up there.

Tiki! Tiki! Tiki!

Tiki! Tiki! Tiki!

Tiki will not return to the field in 2007 - However I can see him changing his mind and going to a team next year with a coach who has some good credentials liike maybe a Bill Cowher wherever bill ends up - maybe even back in NY if Coughlin gets the boot.

Biggest mismatch?Wes Welker is going to go D. Clark on the
Indy D.How do you like them apples Indy.:D

I don't like seeing them replace Morris with Faulk, but they could get away with it for this game. They rarely run him outside, except for screens, and he's been good this year off tackle and he hasn't fiumbled. The Colt's are good at stopping the run outside because of their speed, but if Maroney can get a gap to the second level, he'll pound the smallish linebackers and Faulk has shown power too. He must've been lifting in the offseason. Maybe they can take these guys right up the gut and keep a balanced attack.

They have to get Faulk back to his normal play making after the bye. I think he'll take too much of a pounding splitting duties with Maroney for the whole season.

I don't like seeing them replace Morris with Faulk, but they could get away with it for this game. They rarely run him outside, except for screens, and he's been good this year off tackle and he hasn't fiumbled. The Colt's are good at stopping the run outside because of their speed, but if Maroney can get a gap to the second level, he'll pound the smallish linebackers and Faulk has shown power too. He must've been lifting in the offseason. Maybe they can take these guys right up the gut and keep a balanced attack.

They have to get Faulk back to his normal play making after the bye. I think he'll take too much of a pounding splitting duties with Maroney for the whole season.

Right now there is no room for any further injury to a back,with Maroney,Faulk,Eckel and Evans there is little depth - If any one of these guys gets injured even for just a game or two Brady could be in trouble,I can see teams blitzing every down if they disrespect our running game and Brady could get hurt so lets hope Morris is the last guy we see on IR or even the weekly injury list till 2008.

This would be the proper week to sign even a JAG just in case.

Addai is a superb stretch/off tackle runner. His game lacks very little. Maroney is turning out to be a bust, and I actually thought Morris should've been the #1 back for NE. Too bad he's on IR now, hopefully he'll come back strong next year.

When did a rookie season of 4.4 yards per carry followed by a sophomore season of 4.8 yards per carry show someone to be a bust? In 249 carries, Maroney has fumbled a grand total of 1 time. Addai, the "superb stretch/off tackle runner" who's game lacks very little, averaged 4.8 as a rookie and is averaging 4.8 this season. He has 2 fumbles in 349 carries. Maroney, the 'bust', is currently running even with Addai, who's "game lacks very little".

Last edited:
wilfork was probalby on a stunt when pancaked by Saturday.

The biggest mismatch will be Warren / Vrabel against the RT, don't know his name but he is inexperienced.

Seymour may be rusty, don't know. Ugoh is supposed to be an athletic guy, so a power guy like Seymour could be ideal.

I like the idea of Thomas on Clark and then blitz Vrabel and Bruschi much of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back