PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Kraft HAS done right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
With all that Kraft has done wrong in PSIgate, he's also done some things right.
  • He's always maintained his stance of belief in Brady's innocence. Only the most extreme haters say "Kraft knows Brady is guilty." For example, many more say "Kraft is a gullible fool to believe Brady."
  • In connection with that, everybody believes his two rants (yesterday's and the one before the Super Bowl) were sincere.
  • Indeed, the Patriots have not only publicly supported Brady after each major development, but they've done so promptly, leaving little room to doubt their sincerity.
  • He delivered his anti-distraction line well. By that I mean that he said the Patriots shouldn't comment further on the mess, BB is backing that up, and the mediots are just going to be banging their head against the wall when they try to elicit comment.
  • He's communicated clearly that PR and legalities are very different things. The mediots who get little else right recognize that. About the only thing I've seen conflating PR and legal proceedings is actually correct, namely those folks who said that if Brady sues it means he really thinks he's innocent.
  • In connection with that -- when he quit the fight in May, he did so in a way that gave him the option of changing his mind, as he now has.
All that said, I wish he'd picked a very different strategy than he did, namely to keep up a steady drumbeat of criticism of the league (in addition to doing all of the above). His failure to do so is a major error at best, and at worst the result of selfish cowardice. But even so, I want to acknowledge what he's done right.

There was never any need from him to try to cut a deal with Goody. Really messed that one up.

There was never any need from him to try to cut a deal with Goody. Really messed that one up.

Indeed. Especially since it wasn't an explicit deal.

I won't lionize or demonize him at this point based on what he says in public statements. Track all of his statements, and they have been far from consistent in supporting the team.

Talk is cheap, and we have seen little in the way of action on his part to resolve this in the Patriots' favor. Battle cries mean little if you lay down your sword immediately (the "good of the shield" statement still burns in my mind). I have read nothing to suggest he is offering more than empty words.

And I actually approve of much of what he has done for this team. Frankly, I would love to hear tales of how he battled the NFL to put this debacle down, and we simply never were made aware of his personal crusade for the good of the team and Brady. Just don't believe that will reasonably be the case as the NFL and media slam the Patriots and Brady with volley after volley.

I've heard Chris Mortenson on 2 shows today, of course no talk of the false psi #'s....but he does sound more so pro patriots in the interviews I've heard (shocker). He said he read through the whole report and Brady definitely has a very good case. The only thing he really said kind of negative was that Kraft really meant what he said yesterday that he would give McNally & Jastremski theirs jobs back....heard that talk on another show also.

I've heard Chris Mortenson on 2 shows today, of course no talk of the false psi #'s....but he does sound more so pro patriots in the interviews I've heard (shocker). He said he read through the whole report and Brady definitely has a very good case. The only thing he really said kind of negative was that Kraft really meant what he said yesterday that he would give McNally & Jastremski theirs jobs back....heard that talk on another show also.

Kraft can't give them their jobs back.

I wish someone would point that out to the media than, I've heard that several times now. Hate the media keeps spouting crap like that off, people keep latching on to little things like that as part of their "see he's guilty " reason. Just ranting, I've already had to listen to several version of the "cheaters " this week. And you can't talk to these people with facts they don't want to hear them!

While one can't underestimate the magnitude of Kraft's blunder in May, you need to put it in context with all the positive ones he's made over his 20+ years of ownership. There have been many more good ones than bad. Unfortunately this last one was a whopper. What is so frustrating for us is that it seemed so unnecessary at the time, and it looks even worse today.

What he did yesterday was a necessary FIRST step to win back his hard core fan base back. But it shouldn't be the last. The NFL has declared war on the New England Patriots. I think Kraft understands that....NOW. No use beating him up for the past, better to judge him on what he does in the future.

Kraft's statement the other day is important to Brady's case to dispel arguments that Brady must be guilty since the Patriots organization as a whole already accepted punishment. Kraft's statement reiterates that he accepts punishment on basis of practicality and the lack of reasonable recourse to fight the verdict; it is in no way an admission of guilt and he regrets the decision is used to hammer Brady.

krafts options have always been relatively limited..........his statement will be important in contrast to his 'capitualtion'........the judge says 'negotiate'......Brady can say 'my boss went quietly into the night as a 'good faith' negotiation, but the league kicked him.....kraft could be brought in as a material witness

beyond that, all that needs to be pointed out is the ray rice case and the lies and credibility hit that goodell took on that one and that goodell figured he'd lie some more to help fix his earlier lies......

failure to address the original lie (the Mort thing) will in the end seal the fate for the NFL and the inability to negotiate in good faith.

Brady's stance can simply be "There is nothing to negotiate from my end......I never did anything wrong"

The other thing that can be thrown out there is something that comes to my mind every big news moment of this is that the NFL has the perfect bamboozle going......the only way you can really get screwed in the NFL's process is if you did nothing wrong......because you can't prove that, and that's what the NFL is trying to enforce......

Kraft should personally sue Roger Goodell. He needs to be vicious against this idiot

While one can't underestimate the magnitude of Kraft's blunder in May, you need to put it in context with all the positive ones he's made over his 20+ years of ownership. There have been many more good ones than bad. Unfortunately this last one was a whopper. What is so frustrating for us is that it seemed so unnecessary at the time, and it looks even worse today.

What he did yesterday was a necessary FIRST step to win back his hard core fan base back. But it shouldn't be the last. The NFL has declared war on the New England Patriots. I think Kraft understands that....NOW. No use beating him up for the past, better to judge him on what he does in the future.
Patfanken. From all the posters here i have really high opinion on u. You are like gandalf here. The eldery guy with so much wisdom bout players characteristics, that i am anxious to read ur posts bout players in TC or after the game performance.

So i have high opinion on ur thouhgts but plz dont get into this Kraft trap, like most of the ppl. Try to think again. Kraft sucking godell behind after spygate and every else(Incognito, Peterson , Rice) affair. This is not bout integrity of game, this is 32 owners standing together to get more money, and get more publicity cause those scandals. More publicity more money. What commercial is better than negative commercial. Deflategate: Everyone talking bout it for 6 months now and wat scenario like this is better. For 31 NFL teams: PAts and Brady are negative-cheaters and Godell is +.
For Pats fans is opposite.
And after Kraft lickin Godell balls he bacame - charcater for Pats. And what he did was betrayal of his empoloyees and fanbase, cause the other 31 fanbase?!?!. are u kidding me. ANd now he tries to apologize cause he knows that nothing will change. I WANT 2016 PICKS BACK AND APOLOGIES if pats are not guilty. Dont get fooled by Kraft sweet words. He had his chance but he blew it.
I am still hoping that i am not beating him for the past but my intuition is like that chances that Kraft doing something to change 2016 draft punishemnt and not taking pictures with him and Godell smiling together is like 0,00000000000000000000001%.

I think the difference is that you are searching for reasons to want to pardon Kraft, and I am judging him on his actions. I feel no need to feel better about what he did because he apologized, although most fans are in your shoes, which is why he did it.
I think he will do nothing further, and those comments were made simply to rile up the fans and have them back on his side. He was showing up at camp, and expected to be booed, so he had to turn the mob on someone else.
Make no mistake, he is not turning on Goodell. He even gave Goodell a pass and blamed it on 'people in the league office' and 'lawyers'. Its probably what they agreed to behind closed doors. "Roger the fans are going to kill me so I have to act angry and give them a target. I'll make it other people in the league. Oh and when you uphold Brady's suspension make sure you wait until you have a brief ready to file in court so the NFLPA can't beat you to a venue, and then I'll blame it on sleazy lawyers"
Lets not forget 1/32nd of that lawsuit is against Robert Kraft.

humans_jerbs.jpg

To be clear, that's not just your opinion. That's a ruling the league handed down. Mortensen should know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back