Welcome to PatsFans.com

What kind of change have the Dems brought?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Mar 23, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

This opinion piece is a classic ... I think it should be emailed to Pelosi.

Jared Harold
    [FONT=times new roman,times]Change! That is what the Democrats promised when they took over Congress in 2006.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]Sure enough they were right and that is what we got. Were they the cause or the effect of getting elected?[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]Here are some of the outcomes of them being in control.[/FONT]

I don't know but Wright and Oprah will be in that line ... bet on it.
  2. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

As much as I like anything making fun of the Dem Congress I really don't see where they can be blamed for anything on that list except the pay increase and the approval rating. Everything else is tied to the economic downturn which would have happened under a Dem Congress or a Republican one. The national debt one isn't fair either, since the interest is running on that it will increase even if the budget was balanced or running at a slight surplus. I think a lot of people are upset with them for things they haven't changed, like Iraq, Afghanistan, immigration reform, etc. People thought they were electing a Congress that would turn the tables on the Bush administration, of course people forgot that the Dems were never peddling actual policy ideas, just the idea that Bush is bad.
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

All those figures you posted were going up WAY before that do nothing Dem. congress took over. Inflation has double since 2005, it started its upward curve way before the '06 election. So its pretty disingenuous to throw it on the Democratic congress. I can already see whats going to happen next year. All the screwups the Bush administration made are going to be put at the feet of the new President. The RT will try to blame the new guy for all thats gone wrong. I hope the average citizen is smart enough not to take the bate, but I don't have much faith in them. They're to preocupied with trying to come up with enough money to pay the bills.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  4. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I didn't read it but I just think the Dems are the lesser of the two evils. Personally I'm neither.

I was in a financial advisors office two weeks ago, On his wall was a nice framed chart showing the growth and decline of lrg.and sml.cap stocks,plus the inflation rate going back to the 1930's. The rate of inflation was relitivly flat from the 30's through the 90's, it rose a little in 2001 and then in 2005 shot up like a rocket to more than double in just under 2 years.
    So the inflation rate didn't change much under previous administrations,until it got to this ONE.
    And the stocks? They return on investment rose steadily until the ninties where it increased dramaticaly,and was through 2006.
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -21

Shouldn't you have posted a link for this information??? Jared Harold is a rw blogger, who'se only other article is on Tim Tebow.. not doubting that there may or may not be veracity to the article, but hardly think a rw blogger is a credible source.
  7. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Next time I see you question some of the sites Wes comes up with, I'll take this seriously.

;):D
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

I don't think that sort of spin will work. Our country was headed down, and that's why the American people threw out the Republican Congress. The Democrats certainly haven't been good, but it's hard to lay the blame for our problems on them on them when the American people seem more than willing to blame Bush.
  9. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Speaking of spin?

:rolleyes:

Where are the facts that dispute that historically the second term mid-term elections have resulted in a pick up for the party not holding the White House?

Or is it just easier to say "our country was headed down"?
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

Pelosi has been a disaster, she is nothing but part of America's social experiment with "Political Correctness".

:bricks:
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -21

Don't confuse the messenger with the message... that seems to happen often.
  12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +121 / 7 / -13

Any data to support this contention?
  13. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Don't tell the liberals this :D
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 4 / -2

Coke or Pepsi. Burger King or McDonald's. They all might taste a little different, but each of them will rot your teeth, & give you the runs. The only "change" the Dems brought was a D in front of the names, as opposed to an R. I said it in November 2006, that the Dems ***** slap of the pubs, while deserved, was done by running without a platform. They won by pointing a finger at the other side and saying "hey, we're not them". When you're two choices are a Whopper or a Big Mac, that'll work. When you win though, you need to have a plan in place, and the Dems didn't. Talk is cheap people.
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -21

YOu also need people who want to work together on common goals, instead of everybody trying to grab a piece of the pork pie so their constituents can all say what a good job they are doing.. really believe there is a need for some type of third party who is truly interested in reduction of spending and looking at the real issues that effect this country, including restoration of states rights and decentralizing the now institutionalized federal government.