PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is your favorite PATS moment of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a few that may not be on others' lists:

1. Ty Law's int. for a TD against the Rams. When that happened, you knew this SB wouldn't be like the others.

2. Adam's game-tying FG vs. Oakland in 2001. I bet the average NFL kicker wouldn't make 1 out of 15 of those. Best kick ever.

3. Tedy's leaping int. and TD against Miami in the 2004 snow game. That whole game was special.

4. Troy's strip against SD in the 2006 playoffs. A quintessential Patriot play.

Here are a few that may not be on others' lists:

1. Ty Law's int. for a TD against the Rams. When that happened, you knew this SB wouldn't be like the others.

2. Adam's game-tying FG vs. Oakland in 2001. I bet the average NFL kicker wouldn't make 1 out of 15 of those. Best kick ever.

3. Tedy's leaping int. and TD against Miami in the 2004 snow game. That whole game was special.

4. Troy's strip against SD in the 2006 playoffs. A quintessential Patriot play.

Spiral, great moments all of em! Glad your on the site bro! Thanks for sharing!

I remember in 1986 the Pats got on a roll after a slow start in the early season. It really felt like they could not lose...playing solid ball and coming back when they needed to.
Against the LA Rams in Anaheim...down late in the game they staged a comeback and needed a last second HAIL MARY (Eason to Fryar?) to win 30-28. The Rams had ****erson and were an offensive powerhouse.

It was the only time I can remember the Pats winning no a Hail Mary...

One of my favorites, not my favorite but one of them came when AV looked like he was going to kick a field goal vs the Rams in the regular season 04, and instead passed it to Troy Brown for the TD. Troy was lookin like he was goin to be off the field, and tricked the defenders. It was a priceless BB moment...:)

One of my favorites, not my favorite but one of them came when AV looked like he was going to kick a field goal vs the Rams in the regular season 04, and instead passed it to Troy Brown for the TD. Troy was lookin like he was goin to be off the field, and tricked the defenders. It was a priceless BB moment...:)

Yeah, that was academy award material! Go Troy! GO PATS!!!!

The Watson play is bittersweet, of course. It was a great individual effort that spoke to pride and commitment, but it came on a play that effectively sealed a Playoff Loss and a chance to advance towards the SB. So, it would be well down my list of favorite Patriots moments.

For me, hands down, the greatest moment was when Vinatieri's kick cleared the uprights at the end of SB XXXVI. After all those years, we had won a Super Bowl. Nothing else, for me, compares.

Grogan to Morgan in the OB in 86 to clinch the AFC East

Brady to Moss to clinch 16-0 and break all records

The kick in the snow by AV against oakland, is still the best moment in Pats history....

Sprial I like your list a lot

Start of the 4th qtr of SB 42 when we were going to be 19-0. I told my wife the Pats never blow a 4th qtr lead. It was brief but it felt great.

We blew 2 4th quarter leads in the Super Bowl. And last year we blew 3 4th quarter leads in the AFC title game. There is a dangerous trend growing.....

positive submissions?

your favorite Pats moment ever happens to be on a game breaking interception that was run back over 100 yards and basically lost us the playoff game?

that is sick

Of course, the end result knocks it out of the running for being my favorite Patriot moment, but it doesn't take away from how great the play was.

Ben Watson ran the length and width of the field and forced Bailey to fumble over the endzone, and that's a fact. Just because the ref didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Watson made one of the greatest plays I've ever seen.

No reason to call the original poster sick for his admiration of that play.

drew bledsoe back to back come back wins with a brok finger to get us in the playoffs

Though a PATS fan my whole life. My all time favorite PATS moment came in the 2005 AFC, Divisional Championship Game, against the BRONCOS, Big Ben Watson #84 turned on the turbobooster and showed Champ Bailey, #24 what PATRIOT PRIDE is all about. He sprinted 100+ yards and leveled Bailey at the 1 yard line to ruin his interception and likely 100+ yard return for a touchdown. Now that was PATRIOT PRIDE! Check out the link below for a great NFL network video. I look forward to to seeing your submissions. Time for some positive PATRIOT submissions! GO PATS!!!!!!!!!

This is a great video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_17hMuExqP0&feature=related

This is absolutely my favorite Pats moment as well. After the Pats flew in from AZ, I went to go thank them for the great season at the stadium and Ben came out to sign a few autographs...When he came to sign my hat I told him that this was one of the best plays in Patriot histroy and he should be so pround of it. :)

Of course, the end result knocks it out of the running for being my favorite Patriot moment, but it doesn't take away from how great the play was.

Ben Watson ran the length and width of the field and forced Bailey to fumble over the endzone, and that's a fact. Just because the ref didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Watson made one of the greatest plays I've ever seen.

No reason to call the original poster sick for his admiration of that play.

I call that sick because I, for one, would rather erase that play from my memory instead of reliving such horrible moment. No malicious intent to the poster. Now IF the refs had ruled it a touchback like it very could have been, then it would definitely go down as one of the greatest plays of all time.

Though a PATS fan my whole life. My all time favorite PATS moment came in the 2005 AFC, Divisional Championship Game, against the BRONCOS, Big Ben Watson #84 turned on the turbobooster and showed Champ Bailey, #24 what PATRIOT PRIDE is all about. He sprinted 100+ yards and leveled Bailey at the 1 yard line to ruin his interception and likely 100+ yard return for a touchdown. Now that was PATRIOT PRIDE! Check out the link below for a great NFL network video. I look forward to to seeing your submissions. Time for some positive PATRIOT submissions! GO PATS!!!!!!!!!

This is a great video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_17hMuExqP0&feature=related
Are you kidding me? Granted, it was a great athletic play, but it will forever be a footnote to the single play of that season that symbolized the end of the Pats attempt at a three-peat.

Definitely the AV field goal in Superbowl 36. Nothing was or probably will be sweeter. First one will always be the most special to me. The entire game has great memories: coming out as a team, biggest underdogs (14 point), playing on turf which favored the Rams. Greatest feeling when he made that kick.

My favorite Patriots moment:

two hits,

Mo Lewis' crushing hit on Drew Bledsoe, injuring him and finally bringing Brady to the forefront.

Brian Cox in 2001season, against a Colts receiver, that labeling seemed to invigorate the entire Patriots defense that year, like it woke them up or something, after that hit they played like beasts for the entire season.

Both hits were crucial to our first superbowl championship.

I really don't want to rank, but here are some of my favorites. I'm leaving out the Super Bowl wins since they are obvious.

1/2/94 vs Miam - New England won 33-27 in OT. It was the last game of Bledsoe's rookie season. The loss also kept Miami out of the playoffs. This game was the soul reason I became a Pats fan. I'm from Central PA, about two hours from Pittsburgh, and I never could stand the Steelers or Pirates, so I was looking for a team to root for and Bledsoe was just ridiculous that game. If anyone happens to have a replay of this game on DVD I would be willing to pay for a copy?

The 2 AFC Championship games against Pittsburgh! I watched both of these with my Steeler fans inlaws, the looks on their faces were priceless!

The 2 Chargers games from this year. These were my two only visits to Gillette Stadium. The first I used credit card points to get pregame sideline passes. I got pics with Andrea Kramer, Pat the Patriot, the Minutemen and others, truly an awesome time. Also I got extremely lucky and bought AFCCG tickets on ticketmaster the Friday before the game.

Also one other would be the Colts game from this year. I ended up being on a cruise during this game and met a bunch of fellow Pats fans. We all watched it in a sports bar. Of course everyone that didn't really care started rooting for the Colts. It made for a really heated game!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye