PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is your favorite PATS moment of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.) Bledsoe to Coates TD at NYG in 1996 to clinch a bye and cap off a comeback from down 22-0

I was going to mention Meggett's punt return TD in that game. That one's stuck with me.

Mine is from 1974 defending NFC champion Vikings in Minnesota. They were losing by four with a few seconds to play and at the ten and Jim Plunkett hit TE Bob Windsor at the 3 or 4. He bulled his way in to the end zone, I think it also ended his season with a knee injury on the play. That was the first time I remember the Pats beating a really good team in the final seconds. I'd love to see that game again.

My favorite moment was Adam's kick in Super Bowl XXXVI and nothing else is close.To Me it ended a long and winding climb to the top of The NFL.My journey began in 1970 and the view from the top was never sweeter than that February Night in 2002.It gives Me chills to just think about it!

Good call on last year's San Diego game. That was a very, very, very sweet victory. Right up there with beating Miami in the AFC CG 1986.

Those of you that became Patriots fans after that cannot imagine the psychological hangover from losing to Miami in Miami for 15 years in a row.

That Orange Bowl spelled doom for the Patriots. And that victory was incredibly sweet.

i am divided between:

1 - AV kick against STL
2 - AV kick in the snow against OAK

two amazing moments...let's say: 50-50...

the worst one (for me) it is last week loss against NYG (terrible...)

1. AV's game winning SB 36 FG.
2. AV's game tying FG in snow bowl game
3. Bledsoe's return in the 2001 AFCC game in Pitt. At least the first three plays. I was always a big Bledsoe guy, and talk about going from a low to a high. From Brady being taken out to Bledsoe going 3 for 3 with a td pass.

Clock Killin' Corey Dillon's 9 minute drive in the 2004 Divisional against the Colts culminating in the seemingly broken play where he bounces it outside, busts off a 27 yards and makes a diving attempt to get inside the pylon at the 1.

That 20-3 win over Indy is my favorite Pats game of all time.

He chucked his clipboard like 50 feet in the air.

It was awesome. I'm feeling the need to watch the 2003 Three Games to Glory now.....the portion titled "The Streak".

That's the coolest hour on TV.

I'll add a couple of more

Paxton as our snow angel

The fans throwing snow in the air the real snow game

The Brady to Brown against Miami in 2003 was my favorite regular season moment, with Bledsoe to Coates in the mix and beating the Chargers this year 38-14 in week 2, because that's when I said "we might have something special."

Post-season, the kick to beat the Rams/Ty Law's INT in that game, and beating the Colts in 2005/2004 season, divisionals with a series of JAGs playing in the secondary against the mighty Colts, and they scored 3 points. The snow bowl tying FG was awesome, but made much bigger by what happened the next 2 weeks. But it has to be in the discussion.

I fogot all about that Corey Dillon clock assasination in 04'. Yeah that was cool!

Super Bowls not included it had to be beating San Diego during Week 2 this year. I said to myself at the time that it felt similar to winning the Super Bowl and the satisfaction of beating those whiners, especially Tomlinson, was a great feeling.

Super Bowls not included it had to be beating San Diego during Week 2 this year. I said to myself at the time that it felt similar to winning the Super Bowl and the satisfaction of beating those whiners, especially Tomlinson, was a great feeling.

yeah that was amazing! I loved watching LT look so lost! AWESOME! LIGHTS OUT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO PATS!

The SB victories, obviously, with '04 being the best, followed by '01, then '03. My favorite non-SB moment would probably be any of Law's interceptions of Manning in the 20-3 game. I loved that game for more reasons than I can readily recount.

The SB victories, obviously, with '04 being the best, followed by '01, then '03. My favorite non-SB moment would probably be any of Law's interceptions of Manning in the 20-3 game. I loved that game for more reasons than I can readily recount.

Yeah man, I agree Tye Law was so great. It killed me when he left. 04' was so sweet!

How can '01 SB (The PATS 1st eva!) not be the best one?!? OUr 1st / big underdog / came out as a team in introductions (no one else did that to that point) / a star is born (Brady)....just awesome! By the timre '04 was happening, it was just a prelude to talk about possibly doing 3 SB wins in a row..to me anticlimactic.

Start of the 4th qtr of SB 42 when we were going to be 19-0. I told my wife the Pats never blow a 4th qtr lead. It was brief but it felt great.

Start of the 4th qtr of SB 42 when we were going to be 19-0. I told my wife the Pats never blow a 4th qtr lead. It was brief but it felt great.

I know that I'll be a sore loser for saying this, but no matter how s****y we played or how great the Giants played (if we played like our avg. game in the regular season, we woulda beat em. we play our worst, and they only beat us by 3!) we still coulda won the Super Bowl, gone 19-0, and shut up every damn hater if the refs made at least one of the 3/4 calls on the "great escape" play. I know im kinda going off on a tanget but calling that the "great escape" is like saying how skillful the Alcatraz escapees are if the guards helped em :) There were two facemasks, a block in the back, and a holding, and the ref is RIGHT THERE. The only reason we're not 19-0 in my mind is because if a f-mask was called, it'd be 3red-20 with ~35 sec and 1 TO and that just aint complete to me. Whatever.

I just really got into sports, the NFL, and, especially the Patriots in the Eagles superbowl season ('04) I watched some games, but it still wasnt as interesting as my Xbox :) now its more! But in the superbowl 04, The eagles were coming back strong, (and this is funny cuz m yhouse got a renovation like 2 years ago and we have a plasma tv now and then we were all scrunched downstairs with a box to look at lol) and then harrison intercepts it and, even thoug h hes tackled, does the eagles "flying" motion thing. awesome. Ill hafta watch that on 3games to glory. hell, ill watch em all, specially this summer, to get through ...it... :(

I was very young and the details are very sketchy but maybe someone can help me out with this on. Back when our Pats we not so good Ray 'sugarbear' Hamilton grabbed the running back (I dont remember who) by the back of his jersey. He held the RB with his left hand while he kept punching the RB and the ball with his right hand. It took many swings but eventually he popped the ball out for a turnover.

What I remember the most was, when they went to the sidelines, all of the defense was laughing while different players were reenacting the play over and over.

I was very young and the details are very sketchy but maybe someone can help me out with this on. Back when our Pats we not so good Ray 'sugarbear' Hamilton grabbed the running back (I dont remember who) by the back of his jersey. He held the RB with his left hand while he kept punching the RB and the ball with his right hand. It took many swings but eventually he popped the ball out for a turnover.

What I remember the most was, when they went to the sidelines, all of the defense was laughing while different players were reenacting the play over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back