PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is your #1 key to this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it for granted that we'll stop the run well enough. So I'm with PATSNUT, we have to give Brady lots of time. I was gonna say my top key is getting pressure on Plummer, but if the run is stopped, that will somehow follow.

re:

The #1 key to this game is that the Pats arrive safely to the stadium.

That's it. That is the only variable that could cause the Pats to lose this one, in my opinion.

Denver will not be able to contain Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, McGinest, Colvin, Vrabel, and Bruschi. Jake the Bearded Snake will be running away all day and occasionally throwing interceptions into Asante's and Ellis' hands.

The denver secondary will also have a hard time stopping the combined powers of Brady, Watson, Branch, Dillon, Faulk, and Givens.

Shanahan is a top 10 coach, but what has he won without Terrell Davis? Nothing. His O-Coordinator is taking off after this year, he already lost his line coach Alex Gibbs last year. Offense, defense, special teams, coaching - all in favor for New England.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Duh Box's quays to da game:

1. Dominate the Line Of Scrimmage:
- Ram Dillon down their throats, use Ashworth and the TE's to beat up on their front seven. Force them to play 8 in the box.
- Faulk them, no lube.
- Willie, Wilfork, and Colvin; set the edge and seal the middle.

2. Field Position:
- The coverage units need to be disciplined in their lanes.
- NO HOLDING PENALTIES - NO BLOCKS IN THE BACK - KEEP YOUR GOAT BRAINED HEADS IN THE GAME
- KR/PR run North and South.

3. Hit somebody.

You Hit it on the head Rocks. I agree the OL and DL must be very strong; we can't have a too many negative plays. If you all can remember back to the AFCCG we played well for 60 minutes and I don't believe we had but two negative plays the entire game, that is what we would need in this game. 60 minutes of hitting, hustle and effort.

I wish I was a fly on the wall to find out how Coach Belichick is breaking down this Denver squad. I can't wait to see this game unfold, if we play at home or Indy we our going to a third straight SB and I predict we will go next year too.

Bold no, I just believe we have working formula that teams (NFL) and media don't know about, this Patriots team is like the Boston Celtics of 60's and the great New York Yankees they a nucleus of guys and play makers. We are witnessing greatness before our eyes. I have never seen a QB like Brady he is so relaxed in the pocket, take a look at the photo’s and video clips it looks as though he is half asleep or needs a nap until he hits a big play or scores a TD. Sorry for the rant but the keys to this game is in Brady’s and Belichicks pocket, and nobody gets into our house that way.

1) Don't give up the big play. Make Denver earn their points against our excellent defense.

2) Get the early lead.

I bet that New England comes out running it with Dillon.

Forecast for Denver is cloudy, mid-forties at game time (down from a high of 63 during the day), with a light 8 MPH wind. Weather won't be a factor.

My #2 Key is Big Vince, Warren, & Sey. If these guys have good days it will be a very bad day for Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes