Welcome to PatsFans.com

what is wrong with this picture?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Propoganda machine is in full force.

http://kurtnimmo.com/images/mortar.jpg

“America today blamed Iran for the deaths of 170 US troops inside Iraq, accusing Teheran of supplying insurgents with increasingly sophisticated bombs,”

Can you see why this is BS?
  2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It's such a joke. Most of the world's weapons say 'Made in USA' on them. Is it really that hard to believe that Iraq has bought weapons from its direct neighbor Iran? You can bet your ass the US would be doing that for Canada or Mexico if another country invaded our neighbors.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

thats not it....I didn't get it either. This is an 'iranian made bomb'....keep thinking.
  4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

What, the 3/06 date? Maybe I'm missing something here...

Are you talking about the fact that they are showing pictures of unexploded bombs to explain the deaths of US soldiers?
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

on the right track Maverick the 4th,

Why would the Iranians use a date from the Christian Gregorian calendar and not one from the Islamic Persian calendar. According to the Muslim calendar, the date stenciled on this mortar shell should read 1427, not 2006.

And why did Iran, a country speaking and writing in Persian, a language written in a version of the Arabic script, decide to label their shells in English?
  6. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Interesting. Was not aware of Iran's different numbering system or their use of a different calendar.

Well, I'm not surprised. Whether the evidence is real or fake, just like for Iraq, we are going into Iran no matter what. We are dealing with a desperate administration that knows its time is up soon, with indictments on the way.
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Agreed.....

'WAR....its FAN-tastic!"
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +197 / 7 / -23

After fabricating the intel on Iraq, and then saying it was ok to do so, anything and everything is possible. Said before, if we were attacked on our soil I would hope and pray that Canada and Mexico would help us. To believe that Iran will not is wishful thinking and beyond the scope of my reality.
  9. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0

Hey, tone down the actual logic and fact-based discussion in here...you're ruining the vibe.

Sheesh.
  10. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Iran, like Iraq gets almost all of their weapons from mother Russia. So your point is moot.

IF anything I would expect them to have russian writing on them.
  11. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

The Bush admins, neocons, and some Israeli-Americans are being VERY shortsighted in their efforts to create propaganda for an Iran attack. World War III will start, and you can bet your ass Russia, China, Pakistan, the Middle East will fight the United States, and Europe is not going to bail us out. We will be on the losing end.

The Russians have basically won the last two World Wars. They are the last country we should be messing with.
  12. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +97 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

WOW I see you've been reading those "new" history books. Russia today does not have the capability to rule itself, let alone fight a WW3.

Maybe you should also look up Neville Chamberlian and see what a foreward thinker he was back then,
  13. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Russia has always had major social problems, but come war time, these guys are tough SOB's. And yes, Russia basically won WWII but we ran in there near the end in order to prevent Russia from dominating Europe and spreading communism.
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

You do know that we supplied the Soviets with massive aid during their campaign against the soviets. Furthermore it was the combination of a two front war that destroyed the Axis. Had we not been eradicating the Nazi's from north africa, Italy, and Normandy the Soviets would not have been able to beat the Germans on the Eastern front, and vice versa.

As for todays Russia, there military is in shambles. Their airforce pilots fly something like 2 hours per month, as they have no fuel, or operable planes. I saw a program on them a few months ago.
  15. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

No, I was not aware the Soviets were fighting themselves! If Russia hadn't fought the way they did and stalled the Germans, and suffered over 20 million casualties along the way, the British would never have held off Germany, and there wouldn't have been a staging ground for Americans to enter Europe.

Downplay the Russians all you want, if it makes you feel better. But those guys are not to be messed with. And by the way, yes I realize you made a mistake in your post and I'm just teasing.
  16. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +97 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

If Britian had fallen, the US might never have landed in Europe. The US was quite content to let the Russians and Germans kill each other (ask any Jew with a tatoo on their arm, what they think about the American ambassador to the Court of St. James during that time and you will get an ear full) and unfortunatley in the meantime let the Jews get slaughtered (unless you believe the DNC and their hero the current Iran President, who claim that noe of this ever happened). HOWEVER the US sent supplies weapons to Russia. If Britian fell, the Germans and Italians would have ruled all of Europe and been able to focus all of their efforts on the Russian front. The Russian fought valiantly, and the Germans were stupid to attack Russia in the winter (Duh!), but to claim that Russia "won" WW2 is a bit of a stretch.
  17. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

Who's downplaying the Russians? We're saying that both sides needed the other to survive. How'd being russian work out in Afghanistan? It's one thing when you are fighting for you homeland, and the Nazi's are raping and mutilating your mother and wife. The Germans and Soviets despised each other, and treated each other as savages. The Eastern front was brutal. Again though, had the Russians not had us, or had we not had the Russians, the outcome would have been gravely differnent.
  18. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

This is a tangent that I don't care to get into. The bottom line is I contest FreeTedWilliams' attitude that we don't need to worry about the Russians if we go into Iran.