Welcome to PatsFans.com

What is Worse, The Kobe Alligations or The Vick Alligations

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by brady199, Jul 30, 2007.

?

Which Case is more Disturbing Kobe or Vick

1. Kobe

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Vick

21 vote(s)
    80.8%
  1. brady199

brady199 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -1

I'm tired of hearing people say that Kobe possiblie raped a woman and no one really cared, and Vick's alleged crime only involves Dogs, and people are flying off the handle.

Here is why Vick's Charges are More Disturbing.

1. The whole Dog fighting ring is premeditated and theese alleged incidents happened again and again. The Kobe case was literally in the "heat of the moment" where sometimes the line between yes and no is thin, it's not like he broke into someones house and raped them with a knife to their throat.

2. The Kobe case is he said, she said. With obvious motives possibly being $$$. With everything we hear with Vick it looks like they have a boat load of evidence, with more to come if Vick doesn't plea bargin now.

And Trust me i'm no Kobe fan, I've just heard this argument refrenced a few times in the last week, and wonder if anyone else thinks it is outrageous.
  2. FarScapeR

FarScapeR Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't see how any rational human being would say Kobe's case was any more disturbing, unless he was being accused of serial premeditated rape a la Tom Payne.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

This is a tough poll, the difference may be is what Kobe did happened with no witnesses and the Vick thing happened with many.. both deny what happened, but in the Vick thing there are many who were involved.
  4. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Tough call, as they are different.....

Dog fighting is just sick IMHO, as is any bloodsport...

Rape isn't any better, and just as disturbing....
  5. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

A violent crime against a human being is always worse than one against an animal. Is this the Twilight Zone?
  6. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative Rookie

Ratings:
    +58 / 2 / -0

Vick is accused of a more serious offense than dog fighting. The allegations included repeated torture of the dogs, which takes the whole deal up a couple of notches into the realm of pathology.

You got to be emotionally numb to participate in dog fighting; emotionally sick to torture animals.

But to your question, I couldn't care less which is worse, Kobe or Vick.
  7. patman52

patman52 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If your asking what is worse, raping a woman or killing a dog, of course it is raping a woman. The amount of jail time for the two crime reflects that.

However, as rape is a he said-she said affair most times, with no witnesses, there is and should be less rush to judgement.
  8. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Exactly.

The difference here is that Kobe was aquitted, and there was not nearly as much evidence stacked up against him.
  9. psychoPat

psychoPat Role Player PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Perhaps the question would be more compelling if phrased,
    IF THE ALLEGATIONS ARE TRUE, which is more disturbing?

Allegations in themselves are disturbing
    only in proportion to the prima facie evidence.
  10. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

vick's are worse easily, the dogs didn't have emotional suicidal issues and 'lure' vick into the sport of dog fighting, last i checked
  11. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

There's very few things more disturbing and disgusting than rape, but I'm not sure the Kobe story had enough truth to it for anyone to truly consider him a rapist. From early on, the accusser had very little credibility and it was known that the sex had at least begun as consensual, so from early on, there were real doubts about the accusations.

So, in that sense, the Vick thing is worse. But, if Kobe Bryant had truly raped a woman, then I'm pretty sure nothing is going to top that in the disturbing department. But like I said, no one really believed Kobe did it, and at this point, I think it's clear he was innocent.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2007