PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Is With the Mini-Borges Clones Here Complaining? CALM DOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The Pats have a ton of picks on Day 2. This is where they can get creative and take some gambles on low risk/high potential players.

I think they could have squeezed more out of their trades, but most likely they were satisfied with taking meriweather and then stocking the cupboard for next year.

To scott99, bradytobrown, marcus, and drew4008:
Why are you so quick to judge this draft and proclaim the Jets as the 'student teaching the master'? Are you closet Jets fans or Ron Borges apprentices?

NO ONE knows how any of these players are going to turn out immediately after the draft. And in case you didn't notice, the Jets basically traded their entire draft for two players; if one busts, they really screwed up this draft.

I dare you to go back in history and see how teams that were declared immediate draft winners ended up doing.

While we may not agree with our moves, we should feel fortunate that we have two men guiding our ship who are objective, long-sighted, and don't let emotions get in the way of keeping this team a championship contender for years and years and years.

Last edited:
You don't know how much I want to sticky this thread. :D

There is a good chance they are Jets fans, just ignore them.

It's all about being drunk and wanting to talk about new toys. Hell, we didn't even need to draft this year to field a solid team.

To scott99, bradytomarcus, and drew4008:
Why are you so quick to judge this draft and proclaim the Jets as the 'student teaching the master'? Are you closet Jets fans or Ron Borges apprentices?

NO ONE knows how any of these players are going to turn out immediately after the draft. And in case you didn't notice, the Jets basically traded their entire draft for two players; if one busts, they really screwed up this draft.

I dare you to go back in history and see how teams that were declared immediate draft winners ended up doing.

While we may not agree with our moves, we should feel fortunate that we have two men guiding our ship who are objective, long-sighted, and don't let emotions get in the way of keeping this team a championship contender for years and years and years.
i think they are red sox fans with them in first place they have nothing else to whine about

1. These bandwagon fans probably disagree with the Wes Welker trade.
2. They also completely fail to see that MANY current and past Patriots players were 4th round or lower picks who turned out to be solid.
3. They are freaking out over this draft and ignoring the huge injection of pro-bowl free agent talent that we added before the draft.
4. They are probably the same people who went overboard over not taking David Terrell, or for getting 2 tight ends, or for building up the O/D lines.

Last edited:
I second the sticky!

With all the activity we've had in FA. We could not draft anyone and still be a superbowl contender. CALM DOWN.

Dude you forgot marcus, the ring leader. And a sticky would be cool.

Last edited:
"While we may not agree with our moves, we should feel fortunate that we have two men guiding our ship who are objective, long-sighted, and don't let emotions get in the way of keeping this team a championship contender for years and years and years"

Maverick and others...no need to demonize... we apparently are in agreement

All I am saying is thta I do not agree with the moves.....that does not mean that Pioli and Belicheck are not anything less than the best in the game.

But that first round trade was not getting fair value...period.

Marcus, we have to see how things play out with the rest of this draft, as well as next season. Any decisions on this draft are premature, and even after being made, they are not definitive.

To scott99, bradytobrown, marcus, and drew4008:

Great post!!! You said it all, Mav. We're always contenders or champs because Beloli are far-sighted and not front-runners. Who among us can out-select them?

I don't think every pats fan needs to be a sycophant willing to agree with every single thing BB/Pioli do. A lot fans put a lot of time into following the prospects and forming opinions about what the team will do and that's fine. but honestly, anything more than a measured, "Huh, that's interesting. I would have expected New England to have drafted X at that spot because of Y and Z. I guess they know something we don't." is really implying that you think you know more about these players, this process and this team than BB and Pioli do. and well, if that's what these folks are thinking, I have legitimate concerns for them.

will draft mistakes be made? certainly. but we really couldn't be in better hands when it comes to team building. and you know what? we're not going to be in this position for ever. hopefully the next ten years. but a time will come when we may be looking at another Bobby Greer pulling the trigger for this team. My recommendation would be to simply sit back and enjoy. there will be a time to complain. today is not that day.

Last edited:
First, sticky this post! Sticky the hell out of it. Stickyasaurus Rex. Innagaddadasticky. Sticky-on-a-stick. Stickyrooni.

Right. Second, in response to the last poster - this is the problem w/being a Pats fan. We do have a FO that knows what its doing, looks at personnel needs over long (read, in excess of one year,) periods of time, and does something about it. They're good at what they do. I've noticed that too.

I live around Redskins fans, and these guys, when they do get into it more than surface deep, theres a legit feeling they might know as much about it as their Front Office... but only because their front office sucks so much.

With the Pats, you KNOW you're just talking out your butt by comparison! Why do you even do it???? Well... because we need stuff to do between now and September. We all like thinking and typing and fanning... but geez! These guys seem to believe what they're posting, about how horrible the draft has been. Are you guys new to this team? How often do these things turn out disasterously?

By the way, I don't count AFC Championship game but no SB as a "disaster." It's more of a "go&#$&*%&*^ heartbreaker."

We go 6-10 or 8-8 one year, then you can tell me the FO has some 'splainin to do.

Rant over,

PFnV

I know I am repeating my post from another thread but to me everything hinges on the play of LBs, Poz and Harris.

The Pats gave up the chance for either of them when they made the trade with the 49ers. I would have rather had a good younge LB this year then another pick next year. I will not assume the 49ers will have a worse record next year, the NFC is a crap shoot. No team is a power house there.

If either LB shows they could have handled themselves in our defense then I think the Pats should have taken one of them. Ofcourse I defer to BB and Pioli because in no way do I think I know more about Poz or Harris then they do. Having 2 picks in the first round is a great thing but at some time you have to use both of them to get that value.

Just wanted to say - I finally made the roster on that last post - Go me

ever notice how the pats typically pass up on name guys in favor of guys we have doubts about or have never heard of?

ever notice how the guys we've never heard of do pretty well?

ever notice how guys discarded by other teams seem to do pretty well on the pats?

ever notice how guys we let go seem to fall off on other teams?

do we think that some of that stuff might be related?

is it possible that just maybe the patriots talent evaluations with regard to the specific roles on the patriots team might just be fundamentally different than every other team?

it's been 7 years now. we know the drill.

stop trying to use the rules of checkers to evaluate chess moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back