PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is up with BB?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
What has happened to our beloved coach in the grey hoodie with cut sleeves ??????

Two days in a row he has worn a suit and tie......:( :(

I think he looks great. And like others have already said, this is not unusual.

THank goodness this wasn't a thread about body language, which is what I thought when I read the title.

THank goodness this wasn't a thread about body language, which is what I thought when I read the title.
I think the body language is encouraging. Watching the pressers, I get a sense of understated confidence. I'm feeling it!

I think the body language is encouraging. Watching the pressers, I get a sense of understated confidence. I'm feeling it!

Damn straight. I havent seen Bill this happy when such a big game has been on the line ever.

My take on the hoodie is that it is kind of a preppy thing. BB attended Andover and although many think the preppy look is a lcoste shirt w/collar up that was for the hopelessly preppy people named Buffy and Chip. Most of the more casual preppy people wore destroyed clothes like torn jeans, frayed hats and sweatshirts that are cut. It's really more of a statement of trying to look like your not trying, coupled with an attempt at comfort. The richest preppys I knew growing up dressed in tattered clothes.

It's Super Bowl week ... he has to dress like that. Then again, perhaps some fine looking MILF's are watching and he needs to look his best. What would really be funny would be he shows up in the grey hoodie with a Patrios tie on ... that would drive the MILF's crazy ... lots of good things could be attempted with that tie.:p

LOL Odd that some folks here seem like newcomers to the SB experience...

I know. Maybe someone should send the OP, 3 games to Glory I, II and III. :D

He always travels in a suit on away games and wears one to and from the game and to travel. On the field, (games, practice and camp) it's not about fashion but comfort I suspect.

It's funny . . . if you look at the Globe pictures from last year's playoff game in SD, you can see Belichick walking the field, looking rather dapper** in his suit, a couple of hours before gametime. But come kickoff . . . it's hoodie time! :)

**Well, as dapper as BB can look. :)

Last edited:
It's funny . . . if you look at the Globe pictures from last year's playoff game in SD, you can see Belichick walking the field, looking rather dapper** in his suit, a couple of hours before gametime. But come kickoff . . . it's hoodie time! :)

**Well, as dapper as BB can look. :)

Even Clark Kent needed to change to become Superman

I have noticed this too.

I hope the cutoff hoodie comes back during the game but Im sure he will wear something like a pats pullover or windbreaker

Damn straight. I havent seen Bill this happy when such a big game has been on the line ever.

I think he's been getting some action. He's been way more smiley than I've ever seen, and it can't all be because he knows he's driving the media crazy about the lack of information on brady's ankle.

Someone's got to have a cap of that pink on pink number he wore in 2004.

He said on eei today he was wearing a gray sweatshirt. He was also coughing a lot. I guess he was hit with what was going around too. Better this weekend than next.

The whole Hoodie thing to me is BB's defiance of an idiotic NFL rule, just like injury reports. The NFL mandates that coaches wear official Adidas NFL clothing on the sidelines.. he complies in his own way.

Interesting story on the BB hoodie, my fave, bought mine about 4 years ago.. one time I was in the pro shop and there was an adidas rep there I noted there were no BB hoodies, asked why. he told me the NFL wanted Adidas to discontinue this and they wanted some type of change..apparently there was subsequent consumer demand and possible outrage, the rest is history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes