PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is the real story behind the Belichick and Mangini fued???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
The next Pats vs Jets game will be more built up then the next Tuna Bowl, but why so much hatred for Belichick from Mangini , and vice versa.... I know the jets did it,but Belichick well knew Brian Daboll , Bryan Cox, and Rick Lyle are all on the sideline thinking where is the video guy... I think there is so much we dont know about this fued, its better than the Belichick vs Parcells fued, which has really died down to the fact, both are buddies again... I cant understand it, but one thing is for sure, if the Jets and Patriots have a decent record in dec, count on that game being a flex game and watching the Pats vs Jets in Prime time...

The next Pats vs Jets game will be more built up then the next Tuna Bowl, but why so much hatred for Belichick from Mangini , and vice versa.... I know the jets did it,but Belichick well knew Brian Daboll , Bryan Cox, and Rick Lyle are all on the sideline thinking where is the video guy... I think there is so much we dont know about this fued, its better than the Belichick vs Parcells fued, which has really died down to the fact, both are buddies again... I cant understand it, but one thing is for sure, if the Jets and Patriots have a decent record in dec, count on that game being a flex game and watching the Pats vs Jets in Prime time...

i think BB was okay with mangini when he went to the jets but the whole branch fiasco made him bitter and it deteriorated after that.

I think Mangini's hatred for Belichick goes back farther than people think. My guess it started week 12 of the 2005 season when Belichick reportedly stripped Mangini of some or all of his playcalling abilities because Belichick was not happy with his conservative style of defense. I think Mangini was not happy about being blamed for the defensive problems by Belichick (if the rumors are true, at least part of the blame needs to fall on Mangini's shoulders since the defense did a 180 during halftime of the Chief's game) and that this information got leaked to the press.

Now known forever as Manjudas...

Interesting point of the sometimes maddening ultra-conservative defense at times up to about mid 2005-2006 season.

As much as I don't really blame Mangini for what he's doing, and do blame Belichick, the story is BB dragged Mangini up the ladder from ball boy to where he is today.
Obviuosly Mangini wouldn't be anywhere close to a HC in this league without Belichick.

I remember hearing that after the playoff loss in Denver 2 years ago that Mangini was recruiting soon to be Patriot free agents to sign with the Jets, just hours after the loss on the plane ride back to Mass. Belichick was supposedly not very happy about that.

I remember hearing that after the playoff loss in Denver 2 years ago that Mangini was recruiting soon to be Patriot free agents to sign with the Jets, just hours after the loss on the plane ride back to Mass. Belichick was supposedly not very happy about that.

Yeah, and Belichick barred Mangini from the Patriots facilities while he was deciding whether he would take the job from the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes