Welcome to PatsFans.com

What is the real Defict, The federal Goverment keeps two set's of book's

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Blue Collar, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-08-02-deficit-usat_x.htm

The Goverment and our money...

Debt is out of controll, and yet the bush administration who inherited a balanced budget plus a surplus....Has blew it all away and added a staggering bill into the stratosphere with his conservative small gov't and defict hawk like abilities, by vetoing one bill, stem cell research that could save lives and a teensy weensy bit of dough.....Lets build a 600million dollar embassy in IRAQ ALONG WITH THE 320 BILLION AND THOUSANDS OF AMERICAN LIVES.

TWO THUMBS UP :cool: KING GEORGE

2. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE ON THE U.S. FEDERAL DEBT.
    Current and Active Cost of the IRAQ WAR. $$$$310 BILION and counting.
    http://costofwar.com/embed.html

$$$500 BILLION dollar + plus, U.S. Embassy being Built by V.P'S DICK CHENEY NO BID HALIBURTON in Baghdad.
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/world/3876208.html

Rep Jim Cooper Fiscally Conservative Democrat Tennessee!__________________________________________________
    DEMOCRATIC rep JIM COOPER says time for honesty in the federal budget process....The budget says the deficit was $$$319 BILLION in 2005.

While the the FINANCIAL REPORT say's it's $$$760 BILLION in 2005.
    http://cooper.house.gov/newsroom/releases/july06/072006_budget

Was discussing the financial report on the the United States, there are problems, much to be VERY concerned about TAXPAYERS!!!! JIM COOPERS REPORT!!!
    http://www.fms.treas.gov/fr/index.html

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +431 / 12 / -27

We turning into a debtor nation, and our stock amongst the great nations will decline while we pass this on to our children and their children... all the while there is an insistence on tax cuts for the very wealthy...leaders need to address this problem as it will not go away.

4. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Wow, what they're doing would be criminal for any publicly held corporation to do. Every accountant knows you keep your books according to G.A.A.P. or it doesn't mean anything.

5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

#1 Blue, not sure how old you are, but we've never had a balanced budget, nor a surplus. Those are myths that the government wants you to believe. They are fudged statements, fibs if you will, designed to trick you into thinking the government is actually doing something fiscally sane with your money. Before you start yelling, remember, we've never been in the black. Even in those years of "balancing", our national debt was in the Trillions and rising. I laugh when i see pols pat themselves on the back for overtaxing us, then saying we "balanced" the budget, never mentioning the Trillions of dollars of accumulated debt. Comical.

#2 George Bush is no conservative! He's a fraud Republicrat. When will you all understand that there is no difference between these people. They are all related.

#3 What does stem cell research have to do with balanced budgets? Stem cell research wasn't a monetary issue, it was a morailty / ethics issue. One which I do support. Stem Cells could provide great break throughs. Although I am pro-life.

6. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Real World is right, Bush is not guilty of taking a good situation and making it bad. He's guilty of taking a bad situation and making it worse. Conservatism (the good kind) seems to be dead all around.

7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Towards the end of Clinton's presidency the government took in more than it spent. That's a surplus. Now you can use all the fuzzy math you want to turn it around, including the idea that the Social Security payment some 18 year old makes today needs to be put under the government's mattress until the 18 year old retires, instead of using it to make the country better today; but the fact remains that when you take in more money than you spend, you have a surplus.

8. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The government was taking in more money because the economy was running strong in the 90's, not because spending was under control. However (and this is basic accounting 101) that doesn't make it an actual surplus (it's strictly an operating surplus; since we have debts above and beyond what the "surplus" is, it wouldn't be a surplus on the balance sheet).

Also continuing with generally accepted accounting principles (G.A.A.P.), revenue should be recognized together with the corresponding expense. So if you take in money for social security, you need to recognize the future payout that you owe at the same time. What you're proposing (taking in the SS revenue, while pretending there won't be a future expense tied to it) is fuzzy math, the same kind our government is using.

Clinton wasn't a bad president, in my opinion, but it would be an unbelievable stretch to say he was fiscally disciplined.

9. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

R's and D's both burn $, thanks for your insight. And THE R's are blazing a path in HISTORY, SHATTERING RECORDS, FUGG THE FUTURE KIDS, SPEND IT now even if, YOU DONT' GOT IT,THE FUTURE IS NOW....Think of poor IRAQ.

I'm 37.

Ah stem cells? QUESS???? King George's first VETO....He's brilliant! all those spending bills that passed his desk, and not one fuggin veto.....A potential for modern medical science to heal and comfort and possibly cure some ailments, Bush finds his fuggen veto stamp...

Do You realize REAL WORLD, that not only could we have had access to the stemcell line at fertility clinics that get incinerated anyway...Because only 2 to 3 are used to artificialy impregnate, where as the 10 to 12 other petri dishes go unused become useless in the pregnancy process due to shelf life and are INCINERATED, OH MY GOD , THEIR burning babies DOH!!!

And if we did fund this modern medical science, we could insure we lead the world in research and BREAK THROUGHS...THINK OF THE ECONOMY AND $$$$

How old are you real world ? and thank you for teaching me:cool:

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

Exactly Pujo. Daniels, sure, it was a "surplus" in the technichal sense of the word. But it was a disengenuous position. Under Clinton federal spending still ROSE. He never "cut" government. He simply had more tax revenue, so his increases in spending were not of concern. None of these bum politicians cut government. It was comical to see the sheeple so gitty while being bam boozled. We were, and always have been over taxed, nothing was different under Clinton except for the money in the collection box being bigger, yet, everyone paraded as if we had an efficient government. HA! Too funny. All aspects of government increased from Carter to REagan, from Reagan to Bush, from Bush to Clinton, and from Clinton to GW. You people need to understand the REALITY of the situation, and not believe the party lines they feed you. If GW was taking in 2 Trillion dollars more, then he too could say "hey, I balanced the budget, and even have some left over for you". When a politician "cuts" government, as in spends less than the previous year and so on, then I will be surprised. That won't happen in my lifetime though. My hope is that the government keeps spending, and goes bancrupt. Only then will fiscal sanity be a political issue.

Currently we're at $8.5 Trillion and rising.

http://www.uwsa.com/uwsa-usdebt.html

11. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Ha ha, Real World, I have the same desperate "it'll have to get REALLY bad before it starts getting better" attitude, but I wonder how many people would die if the country ground to a halt - even temporarily.

12. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is good reading, and to think the small goverment and fically reponsible right of centers are not to interested, I wonder why? anybody know? it is our money after all. Care to dicuss? it a goverment thingy?

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

That's it Pujo. See, conservatives, which is what I am, were for accountability and independence. They were for small government and basic provisions. The problem with today's politics & two party system is that the pols WANT you to depend on government. They WANT you to need the government to act as a crutch. The more dependent on government you are, the more important the bums become. Look at how dumb the sheeple are. Just watc hany political debate, or any TV ad for a politician. They say idiotic crap like:

"I would increase Education by $20 billion for the children, the other looser would cut spending by 4%"

As if more money is the answer. PLEASE. Of course, the sheeple then say

"Bob Assface is great, he wants to increase education spending"

HA! MAROONS!

My hope, as is yours, and it is for most sane people, is for the government to go broke, and close down. I will open up a bottle of Barolo the day that happens, and smoke a Cuban cigar.

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

And your point is? When was the last time the Nation was in the Black? LAst time there was a "cut" in government? I laugh when one side says a deficit here and a surplus there. They all spend too much. If you look at spending, it's remained porportionally similar in every administration. Meaning? They all INCREASE spending similarly as they move along. Whether one guy takes in more, and the other guy takes in less, is irrelevent. Why? Cuz it's our money, not theirs! If GW had taken in the same money Clinton did, we'd have a surplus, and King George could tell you sheeple he "balanced the budget". Get it?

15. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You made the point.....It would have to be public education or WIC, to light a fire under your azz....Say hi to 7 dwarfs! Hi Ho, Hi Ho, its off to school I go, I learn some junk and then you flunk hi ho, hi ho :singing::) stay moderate and be independent, your a true ground breaker with your view of la la land!! You would rather focus on safe things, dems cut and run, YA, that's it----Thats Tax and spend, Ya, thats it-----I could turn on savage for that political insight. Don't be to steamed, it was a point I was trying to drive across, maybe now you know....Comes a time on certain issues, you sheath the political sword and put down the SHIELD, discussion can be enlightening, oh if there was few caps, I'm not yelling, I'm emphasizing:)
    http://mediamatters.org/static/audio/savage-20060418-duke.mp3

16. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No no, I mean on a more basic level. If food distribution channels fell apart, etc. Unless we want to go back to farming and living in a sustinance economy, we all have to count on somebody.

17. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Anybody else want read the congressmans report?

18. Real World

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

What language was that in dude? Were you trying to rap or something? The 7 dwarfs? Was there a point hidden inside that jumble of letters and words?

19. Real World

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

you've got to love people that continuously quote themselves. :singing:

20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +431 / 12 / -27

Out of curiousity, do you consider yourself a right wing "SHEEPLE"? You do not seem to balance your arguments very well and only spew right wing talking points. I know herr Karl wants to you just to attack without facts or substantiation, but you are seriously begging some issues.