PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is the probability of Ed Reed being a Patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that will have anything to do with Reed's decision. But my big concern is, he's a longtime Raven, so would he really go off to the Pats?? The only way I see him coming here is if Baltimore either really lowballs him or simply doesn't give him an offer.

He has a ring now, and it didn't appear reed was too fond of what brady almost did to him on sound fx. Why should he do the pats any favors?

We do not need 2 FS. then you are asking mccourty to play in the box safety role. i do not think he is big enough to last a season in that role. We have spend this year developing him as our center fielder. He seem to be decent .

this guy Jairus Byrd will make my day

You're kind of contradicting yourself

Byrd and McCourty are both free safetys, 5'10' and right around 200LBS. So how is getting Byrd any different the Reed other then the obvious age difference. And the veteran leadership that Byrd would not bring.

I gotta disagree with those who say 2 FS starting is a bad thing.

1. Reed as the single high S allows McCourty to man up on somebody. Assuming it's not the other teams #1 WR McCourty can blanket just about any 2nd or 3rd option. Having the confidence to play with Reed as deep safety and McCourty in man will allow us to play more base and be even better against the run.

2. Improved Cover 2. Reed is certainly better than any SS type at playing a deep half of the field.

3. Although Reed is a FS he hits very hard and is certainly considered an intimidator.

4. Mentoring McCourty and Wilson. Reed is one of the smartest players in the league and our 2 young safety's are both students of the game.

I don't think Reed would go to a Team who has touble getting to the passer and minus Big Vince Wilfork softer than sponge. Reed has always played on Very Good/Great Defenses. An average and soft front 7 which we currently sport would make any Safety including him look like crap.

You obviously missed the contract the Titans gave to Jason McCourty.

Oh, right.

Its not like NFL teams never screw up giving new contracts or anything. Just ask Sanchez and Ryan Fitzpatrick!

I forgot, you're McCourty's biggest hater, aren't you??

Im about making the Pats secondary better so they dont fold like a cheap tent next post season.

The Pats will never win another Super Bowl until the secondary is finally fixed.

Don't argue with Triumph. It's not worth it. Every player who has ever played in the Pats' secondary, along with every player with the same last name as a player who has ever played in the Pats' secondary, will always be a terrible player that should not be in the NFL.

Yeah, this is true. He doesn't even have anything substantive to hold against McCourty, just his gut feeling or his observation which, shockingly, is at complete odds with everyone else's.

Re: the safety position

Good thing we didn't put this in the "What is the probability of Ed Reed being a Patriot?" thread :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back