PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is the Deepest Position in the NFL?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What is the Deepest Position in the NFL

• Quarterback

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Runningback

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Wide Receiver

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Tight End

• Defensive Tackles

• Defensive Ends

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Linebackers

• Cornerbacks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safeties

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Other (OL positions, punters, kickers)

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua4Ever04

Banned
Reaction score
It's funny the way the NFL works. Last year some pretty good QBs fell to the 2nd round of the draft because there were so many teams that thought they were set at the position. Turns out, there are several question marks at the QB position in the NFL.

My question to you is, what position is the deepest in the NFL?

My vote goes to defensive tackle.

Vince Wilfork, Casey Hampton, Haloti Ngata, John Henderson, Marcus Stroud, Albert Haynesworth, Amobi Okoye, Jamaal Williams, Warren Sapp, Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, Shaun Rodgers, Correy Redding, Hollis Thomas, Bryant Young, Tank Johnson, Tommie Harris, Chris Hovan, Kris Jenkins, Rocky Bernard and Adam Carriker are all good players.

I added a couple of names that probably could've been left off the list btu look at those names. To me, there's no question this is the deepest position in the NFL.

interesting question.....

qb has to be right up there:
both mannings, brady, palmer, roethlisberger, romo, hasselbeck, mcnabb, young, leinart, russell, rivers, cutler, thats just a few.

I think it's a tie between wide receivers and linebackers due to the numbers. But I can think of a lot more quality to solid wide receivers off the top of my head than linebackers so I gave the vote to the wideouts.

I think that QB is the hardest position to get quality depth. A lot of teams are starving for good quarterbacks. That's why even failed QBs often get recycled and get second chances - Damon Huard, David Carr, etc.

both mannings, brady, palmer, roethlisberger, romo, hasselbeck, mcnabb, young, leinart, russell, rivers, cutler, thats just a few.

As VJC said, QBing is the hardest position to get quality depth at so I'd put QB pretty far down ont he lis actually. Young is awful, Leinart, Rivers and Cutler haven't figured it out YET, and Russell hasn't taken a snap.

I think it's a tie between wide receivers and linebackers due to the numbers. But I can think of a lot more quality to solid wide receivers off the top of my head than linebackers so I gave the vote to the wideouts.

I think that QB is the hardest position to get quality depth. A lot of teams are starving for good quarterbacks. That's why even failed QBs often get recycled and get second chances - Damon Huard, David Carr, etc.

This is why I started the thread because this discusion can be seen from so many different perspectives.

I think WR is pretty top heavy but once you get deep into it there aren't a bunch of great ones; Linebackers is kind of the same.

I go with DTs at #1 and safeties at #2. Safety is pretty deep with Reed, Dawkins, Polumalu, Wilson, Taylor and Harrison, then you have the real young guys like Whitner and Landry.

Yeah, though Russell has yet to play we'll see how he turns out. What about Alex Smith? J/K

This is why I started the thread because this discusion can be seen from so many different perspectives.

I think WR is pretty top heavy but once you get deep into it there aren't a bunch of great ones; Linebackers is kind of the same.

I go with DTs at #1 and safeties at #2. Safety is pretty deep with Reed, Dawkins, Polumalu, Wilson, Taylor and Harrison, then you have the real young guys like Whitner and Landry.

Didn't you say yesterday that Bob Sanders was an Elite player? Why didn't he make your list then. I would think an elite player would be one of the first to cross your mind.

Didn't you say yesterday that Bob Sanders was an Elite player? Why didn't he make your list then. I would think an elite player would be one of the first to cross your mind.

It's late, give me a break.

Depends what you mean by deepest position, prior to this year he Pats made a living picking up WR's and fitting them into their system, so I voted for WR.

Depends what you mean by deepest position, prior to this year he Pats made a living picking up WR's and fitting them into their system, so I voted for WR.

Where does the most talent lay? For example, I showed all the DTs that are considered "good" defensive tackles. Interesting take for why you took WR and I could understand that case.

There are a few superior olinmen but most are the same. Same with punters and Kickers. Most teams have a guy who can kick a 50+ yard FG. Some miss when the game is on the line but Pro Bowl Kickers are more a product of kicking opportunity.

PS Oline should be it's own category.

There are a few superior olinmen but most are the same. Same with punters and Kickers. Most teams have a guy who can kick a 50+ yard FG. Some miss when the game is on the line but Pro Bowl Kickers are more a product of kicking opportunity.

PS Oline should be it's own category.

I didn't give it its own category because I didn't feel it had a chance of receiving a vote.

Practice squad players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes