Welcome to PatsFans.com

What is the Bush Administration thinking here?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Turd Furguson, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Contrary to popular belief, I do NOT march in total lockstep with the Bush administration. The border is the main issue I feel they are lacking in.

This is another and is potentially as dangerous if not, more so;

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/16/congress.ports.ap/index.html

Companies in the United Arab Emirates controlling 6 American ports?

Lets review the UAE for a second shall we?

UAE is in favor of increased trading with Iran

UAE still recognizes the Taliban as the official government of Afghanistan

UAE still REFUSES to recognize the state of Israel.

I cant believe I'm siding with Chuck Shumer on this issue but the potential is mindblowingly dangerous.

Bush better get off his ass and ixnay this deal.
  2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Good post, and I totally agree. This is absurd. And since you do not march in lockstep with Bush anymore, you may also want to find fault in their completel non-commitment when it comes to not only securing the ports and analyzing the contents of shipments coming into them, you may also want to look further into the complete lack of acknowledging the safety and security of chemical, biological, and nuclear facilities in the US post-911.

In all of these areas...this administration has failed miserably in doing anything about national security.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-04-25-chemical-plants_x.htm
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/11/13/60minutes/main583528.shtml

http://www.citizen.org/pressroom/release.cfm?ID=1810
  3. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree AAB, this has the potential to be explosive. Pun intended.

And just for clarification, I NEVER marched in total lockstep with the BA.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +188 / 7 / -23

If Bush ixnays this deal will he alienate the oil industry??

This whole thing troubles me, another system outsourced to a foreign country, I shudder to think what this country will be like in 20 years with the Japanese influence on the West Coast and the European influence on the East Coast, the problems with our southern borders. I am not an isolationist, however think that we have been missing the boat for quite a long time now. Need to develop a consistent policy that will reflect the long term best interest of this country, not an immediate need.

When I read this I always question who is getting the big pay day, not sure whom, but will probably find out in about 7 or 8 years from now after something happens that will effect our national security and there is a subsequent investigation.
  5. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Its not the outsourcing that worries me, its the fact that UAE is on fairly good terms with a country like Iran and could be the conduit to getting an Iranian nuke into this port without us having any idea that its there until too late.
  6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yup. If this goes through, we need to storm washington with torches and pitchforks. They will have sold out our national security evn worse than they already have.
  7. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have to say that this is REALLY REALLY bad and I cannot and will not back the Prez on this.

I also need to see what Congress thinks about this as well. Are they ALL selling us out to the highest bidder?
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

I too part company with Bush on the Illegal Aliens and now he comes up with this Arab Port deal, these people no matter how friendly they may appear are no friends of the USA.

Speaking of the Illegal Aliens, the liberal Democrats never seem to knock Bush on this subject. Could it be that Bush is actually a Liberal Democrat when it comes to the criminal sneak in alien.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Turd,
    I know I've had my differences with you on the Occupation of Iraq and other stuff, as well as agreeing with you on a lot of social issues, but I'm realy glad to see your post on this issue. If a hard-core Bush supporter can see the cracks in the chimp's integrity, then there's hope for the country. I'm a Reagan Democrat that now has come to the realization that the 2-party system is rotten to the core and BOTH parties are so prone to corruption that the status quo is unbearable. This UAE contract has to be the last straw or we're all in deep shyte.
  10. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The leadership of both parties have pretty much focused on doing only what it takes to get 45% of the American people to vote for them. Nothing more.

We're a rudderless ship in terms of the R & D leadership because they know there is no alternative. What are we going to get, another Ross Perot and Admiral Stockdale?
  11. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +820 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

This is a really bad idea. Shows that the administration is clueless on all aspects of border security. What an opportunity for folks in the political arena to step up and make an issue of border security; hopefully with solutions, not just screaming about the issue.
  12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Hillary and Menendez (NJ) have introduced legislation, but you probably won't hear about it until they start screaming about the issue.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/ma...nuId=242&sSheet=/money/2006/02/18/ixcity.html
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Clinton never will because she is not against the occupation and don't want to waste her time on anything the voters don't care about. If it doesn't translate into votes, it's a waste of time.
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

NEM's right. But this regime is no more measureably fascist than any other recent one. The chimp team is just more in-your-face about its fascism. They can get away with it in the culture of fear we live in.
  15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Wistah, you seem to have bought into the sexist line that faults her for being ambitious. Am I wrong?