What is Nick Satan gonna do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
stay in Miami or move to Alabama, my guess is the latter.. not that I really care, but the more chaos that exists in any of division rivals organization the better it is for us. How about Denny Green, Mora or some other retread that will make a lot of promises, but fail to deliver a product.

I hope he leaves. I think he's off to Alabama but no announcement yet . . .

I think he's history in S. Florida.

I think it is funny because many Dolphin fans and so-called experts (like the guys at Scout Inc.) already annointed Saban as being better than Belichick before this season started. Now he is leaving and the Dolphins may have to go into a yet another rebuild mode after he leaves since the offense needs an overhaul and the defense is getting old. He is looking to quickly become the next in a long line of failed college coaches in the NFL.

Hired by the Jets after Man-Genius has a mental breakdown while being crushed by the Pats on Sunday.

If the Jets decide to keep Mangini after his stay at a mental institution, Nick heads to Alabama.

Here's the latest from what I believe to be a reliable source :

http://mb30.scout.com/falabamafans48326frm1.showMessage?topicID=119722.topic

"We now have two sources who have confirmed that Nick Saban has agreed to become the next head football coach at Alabama. That's the good news. The bad news is that neither one of them can be cited by name.

(Three if you count Southern Sports Tonight radio, but since they were citing BamaMag.com as a source, I don't guess we can cite them.)

And we also have had it confirmed that Saban has not yet met with the owner of the Miami Dolphins. Until he has that meeting -- and it could come anytime, but presumably will be soon -- there will be no announcement.

Finally, I don't know what form the announcement will take. Alabama may simply announce there will be a press conference at noon Thursday, or something like that. Or there might -- MIGHT -- be some announcement from the Dolphins.

It may be there will be no official announcement for a while, but there will be plenty of leaks.

I am very confident in my sources, but it should also be remembered that reliable sources reported Rich Rodriguez as a done deal. Those sources were correct, and then Rodriguez changed his mind. So...."

Saban has likely already done what he is gonna do. He got the offer from Alabama, took it to the Phins, and asked them for more $.

The question now is what Blockbuster Wayne is going to do. If he pays up, Saban stays. If he doesn't, he goes.

Last edited:
I think he's gone. Take a boatload of money and he can be the star at Bama. Also it has been written he likes recruiting and molding young players.

How does he just leave? Isn't he under contract?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

There's still a question as to whether Saban's contract allows him to walk away, with or without a buyout. Though college coaches routinely jump from one program to another without incident, NFL franchises typically don't allow contracts to be brazenly breached.

Our guess? Saban and Sexton apparently are confident that Saban can wriggle free. And if there were a silver bullet in the Miami contract that would force Saban to coach either the Fins or no one, we have a feeling that someone from the organization would have leaked the details to the media.

Last edited:
It's usually not an issue going from college to NFL, I assume the other direction isn't a problem either. NFL to NFL is different and college to college there's often a buyout.

Holding someone to their contract who does not want to be there is a collision course for the Dolphins or any team... see Deion Branch.

Here's a better question:

Which one is worth more...

$40 million for 10 years at 'Bama.

$25 million for 5 hard time years in Miami.

It's a no brainer ... major college coaches are the closest thing we have to royalty in this country ... and you get paid to be royalty.

Rumor has it...he's GONE!!!!!!

I hope he goes, because I think he eventually would make the Dolphins competitive.

I hope he goes, because I think he eventually would make the Dolphins competitive.

Now the Dolphins can hire some of Mangini's assistants. :p :p :p

I was in a store with a TV on ESPN around 5PM and they said he had his meeting with the Dolphins owner and had left around fifteen minutes ago. They were saying they expected an announcement shortly. ESPN radio is now saying there will be a PC at 10AM tomorrow. I assume if he was staying he would have said so when he exited the building. So either he is waiting for Miami to try and trump the 'Bama offer or together they are taking the evening to try to come up with some BS spin to help Aqua4ever stop sobbing.

He's flipping quarters; best 4 outta 7, no best 5 of 9// no wait..
He has to let them know by 10am tomorrow. Man that's a lot of quarters to fllip

The only real question in my mind is
Does Saban Resume Feeding BB Good Inside Info On SEC Players?

Or has that aspect of the friendship frayed from head-to-head competition?

i hope he goes and fins sign denny green
green +culpepper + trade for moss....

hopefully thats good for pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey