PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is next??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I like the Oline and the Dline of our team.. Lots of depth, with maybe the exception of nose tackle, not sure about the kid from nebraska...

RB in solid shape

TE - Should we make a trade for Chris Cooley?? ok kidding...

QB - Brady Cassel, we have Todd Mortenson and if this udrfa comes aboard , lot of arms to give Tom a rest in camp, but what about maybee a Jay Fiedler or Tim Rattay, dont think Kerry Collins... Will need a vet back up

WR- I would like to see another vet added...but who?? Charles Rodgers, Donte Stallworth?? AZ Haikeim??

LB - we better hope no one retires, or gets hurt, concerned about depth..

CB/S - Assuming Rodney is there week 1 and the big elephent in the room Ty Law signs... we will be fine, but another 1 or 2 bodies can not hurt... Could we keep 8 DB on roster..

Special Teams will be very good, and the Grotowski, will be the opening day kicker, So long Martin...

Lets still hope we make that Chris Cooley Trade

I'd like to sign:

Tim Rattay (the other QB being debated by the Pats in the 2000 draft)

Ty Law (heard of him?)

Veteran LB to be named later

Not sure if it's necessary, but of the guys listed, I'd like to trade (no better than a 4th) for Donte Stallworth.

Last edited:
Is Tommy Polley or Chris Claiborne still available?

I'd like to see NE sign Pat Ross (BC) as a backup center just in case.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
LB - we better hope no one retires, or gets hurt, concerned about depth.
I'm not exactly sure who our 4th LB is right now, whether it's an ILB or OLB. I'm a little concerned about that although I imagine Belichick would have added one by now if he were concerned.

I hope they pull the trigger on Edwards 5th maybe 4th rounder. That would sure up the LB spot. I like the Roach signing, hopefully Claridge can get some reps. This maybe the make or break season on Beisel, hopefully he has learned from Bruschi, Banta Cain needs to step up at somepoint and he showed some promise in the Miami game. I think our LB depth is either going to be really good or really bad, unless we pick up Edwards of cours.

mgcolby said:
I hope they pull the trigger on Edwards 5th maybe 4th rounder. That would sure up the LB spot. I like the Roach signing, hopefully Claridge can get some reps. This maybe the make or break season on Beisel, hopefully he has learned from Bruschi, Banta Cain needs to step up at somepoint and he showed some promise in the Miami game. I think our LB depth is either going to be really good or really bad, unless we pick up Edwards of cours.

Who's Edwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back