PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is LEAST likely to happen to the Pats this offseason?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Least likely to happen this offseason in NE

• Tedy Bruschi gets cut

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • Rodney Harrison retires

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason Taylor is signed

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Julius Peppers is signed

Votes: 93 76.9%
  • A veteran backup QB gets signed

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
What is LEAST likely to happen this offseason to the team?

poll coming up

I would say the scales of probability are tipping heavily against the signing of Adam Seward.

I picked Peppers being signed, because we'd technically have to trade for him, thus putting the chances of us signing him at 0%. :p

Last edited:
No brainer.

- Rodney retiring - more likely than not
- Veteran QB - quite possible, discussions with Patrick Ramsey have taken place
- Jason Taylor - quite possible if a deal can be worked out
- Tedy Bruschi - probably lasts 1 more year, but who thought Vrabel would go?

- Julius Peppers - could happen, but it would take the right deal and the right contract. Much more complicated, much more unlikely.

This is a real brain teaser....

Winning the Stanley Cup wasn't an option for some reason....

Winning the Stanley Cup wasn't an option for some reason....

Actually, the Pats have better Vegas odds on that than my Tampa Bay Lightning*, though. :(

*I'm from CT but live in FL, that's why.

Tedy will surely stay for another season. We haven't got the slightest depth at the position and he can still play. His coaching skills also make him a valuable asset to the team. I think the Pats chose to keep Bruschi in stead of Vrabel, but it could've just as easily been the other way around. Now that Vrabes is gone, Tedy will stay.

Oh, and wrt the poll, signing Peppers is the obvious choice. My avy is just the symbol of my unrealistic hopes and dreams. This particular one, anyway. I'll probably go with a "Wes Welker CALL ME!" avy once the Peppers situation is resolved. :D

I voted on Tedy being cut, he is very valuable to the team in leading the yound line backers. I don't see him returning after this season though.

I voted no on yes and maybe on the rest

Had to go with the Julius Peppers signing. Of course, I also said we'd never sign Randy Moss back in the day.

All are reasonable - but I also voted Peppers. As mentionned, I think it's a sound deal, just difficult to fit under the cap. To be honest, I could see all of these as options (though obv either Taylor OR Peppers, not both).

I think Bru will be back - he is cheaper than Vrabel - but he can't be in Foxborough for many more years...

oh man this was a puzzler!

It looks like the general consensus is the Julius Peppers deal being the most unlikely. All of the other options seem a bit more likely to happen, however unlikely they may be.

I just don't see Peppers getting signed. He would cost too much and doesn't fit a 3-4 DE or OLB.

i went for option n.4

I didn't see Goodell giving the Pats back their #1 that was taken away listed, that would have been my pick.....

If Peppers costs over $10MM a year, AND a high 2nd or a 1st, which he most likely will, I don't want him on the team. We can get one or two studs from colleges for a fraction of that $10MM cost. Granted there will be a learning curve with rooks but the long term benefit to the team is much greater. But the way, I hope either Wood or Crable will burst on the scene this year and deliver a 8 to 10 sack performance. :singing:

Yeah, that will rest the peppers discussion for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots