Welcome to PatsFans.com

What is LaDainian saying since the game?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by shakadave, Sep 18, 2007.

1. shakadave

shakadave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I honestly haven't come across any quotes from Tomlinson from the post-game, or the next day's San Diego newspaper, etc. Has anybody heard any? I'm just looking for a little icing on the cake. Or did his agent urge him to get underground fast and stay there awhile?
  2. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maybe he learned to shut up for once. But that's just wishful thinking.
  3. TheBaronPatriot

TheBaronPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

He needs to speak more about himself being a class act.
    I think that we need to be reminded of that.
    Because as well know, those individuals who are class acts need to constantly remind those around them that they in fact "class" acts.
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +280 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

All I found here :

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070918-9999-1s18chargers.html

"And the Chargers faced them while getting used to a new play-caller who is getting used to them.

“Maybe that's what it is,” Tomlinson said Sunday night. “Whatever it is, we have to fix it.”"

is a willingness to blame the coaches.

I DID like what AJ Smith said, though :)

"“We played a great team with a great coach in their house at a very bad time,” Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith said yesterday."
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +280 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

6. Bigdogx

Bigdogx Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

7. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +91 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

It is very hard to talk with your tail between your legs.
  8. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +454 / 5 / -2

Didn't Tomlinson also say something about how the Pats beat them because they were motivated by the whole spygate scandal and that emotion was too much to overcome as if the Pats needed that motivation to beat the Chargers.

Over the last 9 months, Tomlinson has said a lot of unclassy things, but the media have just brushed it off because they like Tomlinson.
  9. RESPECT

RESPECT Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm Telling you that is not LT's Style! he does not like to talk, however there is something when it comes to the Pats......... Anyway i do believe after everything last year he did apologize to BB at the pro bowl and he did that on national television.
  10. Lloyd_Christmas

Lloyd_Christmas I can delete my own crap! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

LT has said a few things since the loss... one of them being:

"One thing you have to understand about athletes is when their backs are against the wall, that’s great motivation," Tomlinson said. "This was a trap for us. Everyone was calling them cheaters, and they said, ‘Let’s show everyone we’re not cheaters'."

here is a link to the article:
    http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...icleid=1032068

here is a link to the thread on this board where his comments were discussed:
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=61548
  11. NYCPatsFan

NYCPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Apologized to BB? Any link? I heard him say once that everything was 'cool' and that he had discussed it with BB.
  12. solman

solman Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He said that the game against the Patriots was a "trap game".

Evidently the overconfidence that led him to predict the Chargers would win 9 out of 10 games against the Pats proved to be their downfall. Right....
  13. BritPat

BritPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +135 / 2 / -2

#54 Jersey

What did AJ say?
  14. DonBlackmon55

DonBlackmon55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

and what will be the game next week when LORD FAVRE carves up that sorry ***** secondary of the Charmers
  15. RESPECT

RESPECT Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

yeah it was actually during the Pro Bowl when they were together..... i looked for a link but couldn't find one....... I'm pretty sure he did apologize! He said his emotions got him right after the game, or something along those lines......
  16. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8026b5cc

LT post game. He's not surprised they lost. Like everyone said, it was a "trap game" and the reason they lost was because the Patriots had something to prove.

So I'm sure if SD had something to play for they would win too? :rolleyes:
  17. RESPECT

RESPECT Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

they were playing for same thing you were... a "W" in that win column... Problem is the Patriots wanted it more!!! Simple! no crying, no nothing! we lost you win... Congrats

and my opinion of LT calling it a "trap game" is he (LT) felt the Pats were imbaressed by what happened and maybe demoralized and they felt they were at an advatage. Well he was waaaaaaaaay wrong!
  18. Snake

Snake Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Some leadership needs to come from the top players especially LT...that means staying away from cameras, playing preseason games like everyone else, and showing the class he claims to have. Norv Turner needs to better prepare his teams for games.

The Chargers came into Foxboro with attitudes and somehow thinking they were facing the same team they had faced in January. Apparently the Chargers coaching staff are the only ones in the world who didn't know the Patriots seriously enhanced their talent base during the off-season, and five defensive starters and four offensive starters Sunday night weren't starters last January...many weren't even Patriots.

Chargers learned that all their talking about revenge, and class, and justice, and all the other stuff they and their fans talked from January does not translate to winning. Conversely, the Patriots know how to win. They do it very well, and they exceeded everyone's expectations Sunday night.

To listen to the fans on the Chargers board, one would think the whole organization is in disarray...I seriously hope their coaches and their player leadership aren't letting that happen. It's a long haul from now until the playoffs.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  19. Born_a_Patriot

Born_a_Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

I should have said if we play the Patriots 10 times we beat them 8 out of 10.

Next time someone asks I am going to say we win 7 out of 10 just in case we make the playoffs.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  20. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 44 / -47

Disable Jersey

[​IMG]