PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is illegal contact 5 yards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEfan32

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I know there is 1000 threads on the reffing, but I am curious as to what the rule is.

John Madden kept saying how well the coverage was on Moss, but it seemed every time he went out for a pass he was getting shoved down field. Now I know you can jam the receiver before 5 yards, but I thought after that you couldn't make contact with them.

Watching the replays of the game, there were atleast 10 plays when the Pats receivers got shoved, most notably Moss. It seems the Colts get these calls every time, not to stir anything up, but I've seen less contact get called for them. Is there something I am missing, or did Moss and co. get screwed?

Also, that PI call on Moss, was rediculous. The guy slipped.

I know there is 1000 threads on the reffing, but I am curious as to what the rule is.

John Madden kept saying how well the coverage was on Moss, but it seemed every time he went out for a pass he was getting shoved down field. Now I know you can jam the receiver before 5 yards, but I thought after that you couldn't make contact with them.

Watching the replays of the game, there were atleast 10 plays when the Pats receivers got shoved, most notably Moss. It seems the Colts get these calls every time, not to stir anything up, but I've seen less contact get called for them. Is there something I am missing, or did Moss and co. get screwed?

Also, that PI call on Moss, was rediculous. The guy slipped.

What you saw last night was how the game SHOULD be called, but thanks to Polian, more often than not it isn't. I wish we could play that style of defense with our db's and not get flags thrown left and right.

More often than not, the defender will get called for a penalty if contact is made against a Pats receiver at any point past the goalposts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back