PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is happening with Chad Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfanofNC12

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
What is happening with him, he was taken off the PUP I believe, but I haven't heard his name since.

He's on the PUP and today is the deadline to activate him or he's out for the season. With the release of Rivers I expect him to be activated. Eddie Jackson is in the same position.

I would love for him to be activated. It would be great to see him be able to come in for a deep ball or two.

Im fine with Jackson being activated but he should not be getting any WR snaps unless the game is in hand or there are injuries. The WR's have been flawless so far so there is not point in messing that up. If they want him to run around on some special teams that is fine but I dont want to see any bombs to Jackson early in games

hmm, if hes healthy, cant they start to practice him? and then they have another 3 weeks to decide wut to do with him???

but yea, i wonder whos gonna take river's spot...whos left on PUP? chad, eddie, mitchell and brown rit?

form them i would wanna see chad activated the most, i wanna see wut the kid has...

our special teams has been doing good, so i dont think mitchell is needed that much...and no injuries to our secondary as of yet...so no need for eddie...but if injuries start, we MAY need him

hmm, if hes healthy, cant they start to practice him? and then they have another 3 weeks to decide wut to do with him???

but yea, i wonder whos gonna take river's spot...whos left on PUP? chad, eddie, mitchell and brown rit?

form them i would wanna see chad activated the most, i wanna see wut the kid has...

our special teams has been doing good, so i dont think mitchell is needed that much...and no injuries to our secondary as of yet...so no need for eddie...but if injuries start, we MAY need him

Both Jacksons started to practice three weeks ago today - that is the point. Today they have to either activate them, IR them or release them.

We assume at least one if not both will be activated, although they still could be IR'd. Eddie was practice player of the week a couple of weeks ago so it would be kinda hard to IR him I think. But both are coming off injuries that could flair up over three weeks of practice and that is what we simply to not know. Also if they are activated to the roster they likely take the place of a couple of gameday inactives, which sounds like not a big deal unless Bill believes he needs that depth more at those positions.

Im fine with Jackson being activated but he should not be getting any WR snaps unless the game is in hand or there are injuries. The WR's have been flawless so far so there is not point in messing that up. If they want him to run around on some special teams that is fine but I dont want to see any bombs to Jackson early in games

Yeah why would we want to throw a deep ball to a WR who runs a 4.3 matched up against a nickel in the slot? :rolleyes:

It's not like he'd be taking Moss' snaps. He'd be taking Gaffney's.

Yeah why would we want to throw a deep ball to a WR who runs a 4.3 matched up against a nickel in the slot? :rolleyes:

It's not like he'd be taking Moss' snaps. He'd be taking Gaffney's.

Gaffney knows how to run actual routes at this point.

IF he can help the team, then BB will play him whenever he can. Remember, this is his 2nd year, but basically his first. He needs to play! He will still be here next year but Gaffney may not be. I would like to see him get Gaffney's snaps for a while.

Cause regular season games when the game is close is not time for trial and error and "lets see what he can." That is what the preseaon is for and unfortunetly for Chad he missed that. I dont Jackson impressed to many people last year so I dont think he has earned snaps at this point. I would say save the deep balls to Chad for when the game is out a reach but I can imagine what the national media would have to say if we are throwing 50 yard passes to jackson up 40-7. Im not an anti-jackson guy by any means I just think you need to earn your snaps and gametime is the time for experimenting. Also teams have seen what we have from Jackson so its not like he is going to suprise people with his speed if/when he comes in the game

IF he can help the team, then BB will play him whenever he can. Remember, this is his 2nd year, but basically his first. He needs to play! He will still be here next year but Gaffney may not be. I would like to see him get Gaffney's snaps for a while.

Bill isn't running an in season training program. Either this kid is earning some reps in practice or he's not going to see the field just to get hurt.

Cause regular season games when the game is close is not time for trial and error and "lets see what he can." That is what the preseaon is for and unfortunetly for Chad he missed that. I dont Jackson impressed to many people last year so I dont think he has earned snaps at this point. I would say save the deep balls to Chad for when the game is out a reach but I can imagine what the national media would have to say if we are throwing 50 yard passes to jackson up 40-7. Im not an anti-jackson guy by any means I just think you need to earn your snaps and gametime is the time for experimenting. Also teams have seen what we have from Jackson so its not like he is going to suprise people with his speed if/when he comes in the game

Do you seriously believe Jackson playing would be 'trial and error' and 'experimenting'? You do realize that the team practices right?

I think Jackson could have a good role in this offense. He wont be on the field ahead of Moss, Welker or Stallworth, but he could get reps as the #4.
Doing that, he should have a lot more opportunity to get open and make plays next to those 3 than he did last year next to the receivers we threw out there.
For some reason many fans think that because Jackson was like 95% of the other NFL rookie WRs last year, it means he doesnt have the talent he was drafted with. Thats silly. If he were a rookie, drafted in the 2nd after expected to go in the first, and was pupped, then came back now, most fans would be champing at the bit to see what he could do mixed in with these WRs.
I guess some fans just have to high expectations, and take it personally when anyone doesn't exceed them.

If Chad Jackson is activated his primary role will be special teams, at least until injuries or what he shows in practice dictate otherwise. Doesn't really matter at the moment if he can run routes.

Last edited:
Do you seriously believe Jackson playing would be 'trial and error' and 'experimenting'? You do realize that the team practices right?

Of course I realize they practice...people seem to think we are just going to throw Jackson out there for 5 plays, run 5 Go routes and hes gonna catch two touchdowns. The other team knows our players to. There are going to know Jackson isnt in the game to catch a five yard slant. My point is that everything is perfect as it is with our WR's right now so out of all positions on the team that would one (Qb, also, obviously) that should be left alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes