PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is Goodell's Next Move???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClevTrev

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
My guess is this situation has shocked Goodell in the way it's being blown way out of proportion. I can't believe he bargained for the potential to out the entire league by having former players, coaches, and GMs discuss that fact that stealing signs and the willingness to do anything including "cheating" to get an edge has been a league tradition far longer than Monday Night Football. The resulting media firestorm is clearly not the attention the NFL wants at this time.

What Goodell fails to understand is that he's put the spotlight on the league where various types of "cheating" are now being admitted to since the inception of the league.

Given that Goodell made pains to go out of his way to show he wasn't favoring the management or a particular team in meting out the punishment for the video taping rules violation, doesn't he now have a larger dilemma on his hands? Considering this, I would imagine if he were inclined to pursue the review of the whole video library of the Patriots, he should then be bound to review the video libraries of all NFL teams. Otherwise, he will come across as having focused on one team and one team only in light of information indicating it is far more widespread. His only move at this time is to announce that there will be no further investigation for violations in the past, and that the league will be vigilant and strict in preventing and responding to future violations.

How many people want to bet that there is a lot of overtime being spent by every other team in the league to clean out their video libraries this weekend in order to eliminate evidence? This situation is now way out of control. I suggest the NFL and the NBA currently have a lot in common.

Last edited:
I hope it's "I apologize to the New England Patriots and am quitting as the commissioner of the NFL".

All I know is that the guy is leaking information which I think is bad since it looks like his office can't keep a secret. Now is he doing this intentional to try to calm the storm or feel how public opinion reacts? Who knows. Regardless of why it makes his office look unprofessional and eats away at his credibility.

Hopefully it's to hire a defense attorney for when Kraft sues him personally for leaking Patriots property to the press.

Take the franchise away from Bob Kraft and award it to Los Angeles

with no compensation to Kraft.

I am utterly shocked with how poorly this has been handled so far.

So I guess my answer would be I don't think anyone know.......... INCLUDING GOODELL. He's clueless.

He's clueless...and he's a lawyer that knows CRAP about footnall..over his head...I sau he resigns fast..before he is forced to...

Kraft hand-picked COmmissioner will have his office and lead attorneys review the data, something not relevant to us.

Kraft hand-picked COmmissioner will have his office and lead attorneys review the data, something not relevant to us.

What do you mean?

If I was an owner I would be to the point where enough is enough. This clown is taking all the attention away from the friggen product already. If I was an owner I would be saying WTF already. You punished the Pats and let the friggen thing blow over already. The way it's going he is going to just drag it further for no reason, Remember this. If he continues to try and tarnish one of the league's gold standard franchises, than he will also be tarnishing the NFL as a whole. Dumb move by a guy who is suppossed to be intelligent. :rolleyes:

If I was an owner I would be to the point where enough is enough. This clown is taking all the attention away from the friggen product already. If I was an owner I would be saying WTF already. You punished the Pats and let the friggen thing blow over already. The way it's going he is going to just drag it further for no reason, Remember this. If he continues to try and tarnish one of the league's gold standard franchises, than he will also be tarnishing the NFL as a whole. Dumb move by a guy who is suppossed to be intelligent. :rolleyes:

I agree. Even if he wants to investigate further then stop allowing every sports broadcast get ahold of the info. It's gotten old and like you said distracts from the game.

I am having a bad taste in my mouth just like after last season's AFC Championship game. it's a real turnoff to professional football

Why does he think he can review tapes before he was Commisioner?
He is an Arsewhole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes