PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is Deion Branch's status?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Givens was also less flashy and more workman-like, which probably makes it easier for us to identify with him.

Also, I can easily identify with Givens because we have the same exact first name and physique.

Are you also 6'0" 215lbs PJ?

The Patriots may be looking for another WR to replace Gaffney ;)

Deion is a self-centered piece of garbage who rode the coat-tails of better players. He is dead to me just like what-his-name who kicks for the Dolts now.

The ONLY way I would accept Deion back is if he gone on TV and said to the fans. "I'm sorry that I lied to you." Otherwise, he's just be a mercenary and I could care less if he was successful.

thats ridiculous. obviously he wont do that. i dont think the circumstances were as egregious as you may think,i think they were a little overblown. i personally think that your sentiment is not the sentiment of the majority of the patriots fans. i think i speak for most people in saying we are greatful for the many accomplishments he was able to attain as a member of the patriots. man was just trying to get his kwan.

and dabruinz. i think you are taking things a little too seriously. you really cannot fault guys for taking more money. NFL player's careers are short lived. they can be on top of the world one day and out of the league the next (see Givens). you have to respect a man trying to make a living. this isnt a guy turning down the New York Mets offer of $120M over 6 years to play for the Yankees for $125M over 6. you gotta make enough money to support yourself for a lifetime and in the world of NFL contracts you have to make as much as you can as soon as you can. so i think your attitude towards players needs to re-analyzed. you would probably have done the same thing as Branch. the patriots werent matching the seahawks offer. you know it, i know it

I know he's had a bad few years in Seattle, but the guy could play, he was a great WR in our offense.

How many years left does he have in Seattle? Don't you think after his few years through injuries and non-competitive play that he would come back to the pats in a heart beat and smart contract?

I missed the flow of the offense when he was in there... he was a great WR at 10-15 yard receptions and pulled the outs off perfectly for Brady...

Thoughts?

What is Deion Branch's status?

Last time I checked he was an *******.

Seriously, the guy basically destroyed our receiver corps for a year by holding us hostage while he was under contract.

I don't want him back.

Last time I checked he was an *******.

Seriously, the guy basically destroyed our receiver corps for a year by holding us hostage while he was under contract.

I don't want him back.
I agree...he burnt bridges by being like he was..the WAY he did that was PURE non-class...let him rot.

We don't need him.
We need defensive players.

Only difference being is the chemistry #12 had with him.

That is indisputable

What frustrates me most about this whole argument is how quickly people forget how the actual situation went down.

Branch held out WHILE HE WAS UNDER CONTRACT. He has 1 year left on his deal. He wasn't a UFA. He wasn't franchised. He was under contract and cried his way out of town like a little baby.

As much as I loved his chemistry with Brady, Moss and Welker have the same, if not more.

Wake up people, this guy screwed the Patriots that year. Brady had to work miracles with the likes of Reche Caldwell, Doug Gabriel and Jabar Gaffney. To me, THAT was Brady's greatest year.

Last edited:
What frustrates me most about this whole argument is how quickly people forget how the actual situation went down.

Branch held out WHILE HE WAS UNDER CONTRACT. He has 1 year left on his deal. He wasn't a UFA. He wasn't franchised. He was under contract and cried his way out of town like a little baby.

As much as I loved his chemistry with Brady, Moss and Welker have the same, if not more.

Wake up people, this guy screwed the Patriots that year. Brady had to work miracles with the likes of Reche Caldwell, Doug Gabriel and Jabar Gaffney. To me, THAT was Brady's greatest year.

This is the only part I disagree with. I think Brady had better chemistry with Branch than any WR before or since.

Obviously it still works well enough with Moss and WWW.

this is the guys life. he was trying to make as much money as possible. i dont see anything wrong with that. you would do the same thing. guy was a great player and deserved money. he got it. so i cannot fault him and I most definitely cannot forget the successes he had here.

He still has the best hands in the league.

Why would we want him back.

Over paid, oft injured (very oft), couldnt crack our current roster except maybe as a 3rd option. The whole idea makes ZERO sense.

Deion Twigg baby no thanks.

this is the guys life. he was trying to make as much money as possible. i dont see anything wrong with that. you would do the same thing. guy was a great player and deserved money. he got it. so i cannot fault him and I most definitely cannot forget the successes he had here.

I hear ya.

But here is the thing. I buy this if he played by the rules. Hold out 'til your hearts content..WHEN YOU ARE A UFA.

But he didn't play by the rules. He didn't live up to the contract that he signed. he should have done what Samuel did. play out your contract and exert your pressure when they franchise you. What he did was immature and really screwed over his teamates..

broke his foot 2 yrs ago, blew his knee out last yr

and he gets paid too much

move along plz

Givens was also less flashy and more workman-like, which probably makes it easier for us to identify with him.

Also, I can easily identify with Givens because we have the same exact first name and physique.

Now thats funny, I don't care who you are.

The guy is done, no doubt.

The media was talking about the possibility, but I believe that Mora said that Branch wasn't going anywhere.

As for Branch, I don't believe he'd want to come back. And I don't believe the Patriots would seek him out either.

Branch did one of the worst things a player can do in his situation. And that was lie about his intentions. He also refused to be treated the same as Tom Brady and Richard Seymour. Both of whom had to play out their rookie contracts before their extensions kicked in. In fact, that is the norm for the Patriots.

Yes - there was some talk mid season that, despite the harsh cap hit the Hawks would take, his production and injuries were not worth the actual cash outlay the Seahawks owners were looking at - and that he might be cut.

His late season play seems to have changed that, giving the Seahawks the feeling that he's turned a corner and will contribute closer to what his salary dictates.

The rumors at the time were that if he were cut, coming back to the Pats, even on a short term contract, was a good possibility.

Branch is no fool - he knows one good season here would result in another big payday.

You don't see anything wrong with being a liar, dishonest, and not bargaining in good faith with the Patriots? When he was still under contract?

No wonder you and I have issues.

I can and do fault him for the way he conducted himself. Any HONEST person would.

He tarnished his accomplishments with the Patriots. Just like others have tarnished their careers with their actions both in and out of professional sports.

I cannot believe, that with our current crop of receivers, people are getting starry eyed over Deion Branch.
Give me a f*cking break.
Screw the over-rated clown and the horse he rode in on.
Seriously, Deion Branch?
You guys need to get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing