PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is Cassel worth in trade part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I laughed out loud when I read one Viking fan post that he thought they could get Cassel for Tavaris Jackson and a 3rd rounder! :eek: First of all Tavaris Jackson stinks so the Pats wouldn't want him and the throw in 3rd rounder isn't going to be enough either. Another case of overvaluation of draft picks.

Heh. That's almost as bad as someone on another board who suggested that the Patriots would trade Wes Welker and a fourth for Willie Parker. :banned:

Heh. That's almost as bad as someone on another board who suggested that the Patriots would trade Wes Welker and a fourth for Willie Parker. :banned:

And that is almost as bad as the suggestion that Vick could be brought to the Pats. The day that happens is the day I stop following football.

:wha: Everyday someone should get the award for dumbest post (I'm sure I would win a few times myself).

Today, if that award existed - That is the winner, hands down.

I can top that.

Cassel for Vick - straight up.

And that is almost as bad as the suggestion that Vick could be brought to the Pats. The day that happens is the day I stop following football.

That will be a hard day for me too. But it won't happen so no sense worrying about it. No matter how much control BB has over personnel he knows how important the "brand" is to the Krafts and the Team. I doubt if he would be willing to damage that brand.

I don't know how some people could even consider that for the Patriots.

BTW, my gut tells me that the Cassel trade is already a done deal.

Last edited:
That will be a hard day for me too. But it won't happen so no sense worrying about it. No matter how much control BB has over personnel he knows how important the "brand" is to the Krafts and the Team. I doubt if he would be willing to damage that brand.

I agree. That's why I was "bold" enough to make the statement about being done with football if it happens.

I've literally LOL at some comments from Tampa Bay fans who (a) think they're set at QB with Luke McCown under contract, (b) think Cassel isn't worth at least a 2nd round pick - while at the same time thinking (3) trade away their 1st round pick for Anquan Boldin, pay $10mil for Haynesworth, and sign either Larry Johnson or Edgerrin James for whatever they want.

I agree. That's why I was "bold" enough to make the statement about being done with football if it happens.

yeah...gotta agree...death by "noam sain"...I swear I heard him once a few years back and he spoke like a 100 words with 75 of them "noam sain"(know what I'm saying to earthlings).I wanted to stick an ice pick in my ear and end it.

Last edited:

I don't know how some people could even consider that for the Patriots.

Interesting. The trade could be done?
Food for thought.
DW Toys

Interesting. The trade could be done?
Food for thought.
DW Toys
I've thought there was at least an outline in place when NE went ahead with the tag and Cassel accepted so quickly. I also expect James Sanders new contract is ready to go as soon as Cassel clears up the cap space.

Part IV ... hmmm ... this could be the highest total trade sequels ever.

"What is Cassel worth in a trade part 399? :confused2:

:wha: Everyday someone should get the award for dumbest post (I'm sure I would win a few times myself).

Today, if that award existed - That is the winner, hands down.
Vick has everything that Tebow has. They are mobile, athletic, crowd exciting etc. But neither can pass to save his *****. Vick used to average 60 yards rushing and 90 yards passing. That sucks...

Yup. They had a deal before they tagged him. The fun is in speculating what it is, but there's no doubt in my mind that it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes