Welcome to PatsFans.com

What is ‘Obama supporter’ Bill Clinton up to?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Jun 6, 2012.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

I find this topic pretty interestin. Whether you agree with Clinton or not he is a very skilled politician, who is very good speaking off the cuff (ie not prone to the sort of gaffes Obama makes all the time). He has been undercutting (Gutting?) Obama's message, perhaps if it were done once it could be a mistake but the number of times he is doing this.... it is intentional the question is why?

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2012/06/06/what-is-obama-supporter-bill-clinton-up-to/

First we had Clinton giving Romney cover for his record on Bain taking away a prime attack route the Obama campaign was trying to take, now he says the economy will take 10 years to recover and that the Bush tax cuts should be retained (for those making less than $1M) undercutting the populist strategy.

I think this is payback for the racism charge leveled against bill by Obama in 2008.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  2. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's adorable seeing you coming around on Clinton. Hardly surprising, considering he was a corporate shill just like the Bushes and Reagan was. Obama is more of the same, but some people have another unspoken reason to remain belligerent against him.
  3. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -1

I think Clinton knows that if Obama wins and in 4 years things are not better then a Democrat has almost no hope of winning the WH.

And, Clinton probably likes having the free time that is provided by his wife working :)
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

There's a really good book about the 2008 election that goes into great detail about how Hilary's campaign people regarded Bill as a loose cannon and how hard they tried to keep him out of things and how he constantly found ways to undermine their message in spite of their best efforts and how even Hilary was powerless to stop him from going "off script" or from changing the entire topic of a planned speech with something off the cuff.

It's no surprise to see he's up to the same thing here.

The name of the book is Game Change by John Heilemann
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bill Clinton has truckloads of charisma, his wife has none. Maybe they should have let him take a larger role instead of trying to shut him out.
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

She was running, he wasn't. Her platforms were not his platforms. It would have been confusing and unfair to the voters themselves if he had said whatever he wanted with no regard for what she wanted or planned to do if and when she became president.

Personally, one of the reasons I was not a Hilary supporter was because I was not a Bill supporter and didn't want to see him get another term through her. As strong a woman as she is, and I think she's a very strong woman, I don't think she can ever really stand up to him - or if she did, I don't think he'd back down. She'd end up doing what he wanted instead of what she wanted.

In my opinion,Bill Clinton is, and always has been, a total narcissist. As such, he's not about to take a back seat to anyone. Anyone who thinks they're going to "use him" is going to get used.

I'm sure Obama's aware of the perils - I just don't see what he can do about it.
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

"Support for this hunch", sets the tone for this article from highly biased Hot Air...

Hunches mean shyt...
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  9. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I felt/feel that way about Bill myself. The thing is though he was an immensely popular president. I don't know how much influence he has left but I do think he still has some impact.