PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What If?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi 3:16

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Pats finished 12-4 with no one at WR. What if they had Deion Branch this year. Would their record be improved, worse, or the same?

Pats finished 12-4 with no one at WR. What if they had Deion Branch this year. Would their record be improved, worse, or the same?

Can't see how they would be worse. All the NE losses were pretty one-sided, however.

I dunno.

How much did the addition of Deion Branch improve the 2006 Seattle Seahawks' record over their 2005 record?

How much better was the Pats 2005 record with Branch compared to the Pats 2006 record without him?

I dunno.

How much did the addition of Deion Branch improve the 2006 Seattle Seahawks' record over their 2005 record?

How much better was the Pats 2005 record with Branch compared to the Pats 2006 record without him?

I think they are going to miss him in the playoffs. He was huge in the wins at Pitt and vs. Philly a few years ago. Hopefully Reche is that guy this time.

I'd have to think they'd have the #1 seed right now and would be 14-2. But just my predictions.

I'd have to think they'd have the #1 seed right now and would be 14-2. But just my predictions.

Which games do you think he would have been the difference? That's not a slam, by the way, I'm just curious.

Caldwell replaced Givens production from last year, but the FO stats say we lost about 27 points with Branch's departure. Watson did not replace that point productivity because of all the miscues he had.

If Branch had stayed, we'd likely have won another game or two, and probably had a bye.

Which games do you think he would have been the difference? That's not a slam, by the way, I'm just curious.

The Jet and Bronco games quickly come to mind. No one was saving us vs. Miami.

Can't see how they would be worse. All the NE losses were pretty one-sided, however.

Huh? How were the NYJ and IND games one-sided?

Any of the losses. Branch + Caldwell would have really opened the passing game up. The Jets game was very close. The Denver and Indy games were winnable. Even against Miami, if Branch had been in there Brady might have been able to get a drive or two going.

The Jets beat the crap out of us. They ran it down our throats 2nd half. Indy was pretty one-sided. Not until the last drive did I really feel that good about the game.

I think they would have actually had some offensive production in the Denver game.

Also the Jets and Indy game came down to the final drives where Branch would have been so critical to Brady.

I'd have to go with Indy and the Jets game.

The Jets beat the crap out of us. They ran it down our throats 2nd half. Indy was pretty one-sided. Not until the last drive did I really feel that good about the game.

17-14 was beating the crap out of us? That game changed on Gabriel's fumble. He holds that ball, the Pats win. I do not fear the Jets.

Are we starting to remember Branch as being better than he was? Last year, with Branch, the Pats were 10-6 and had the #10 scoring offense. This year, without him, they're 12-4 and #7 with 6 more points scored in a much better division.

He was an asset, definitely, but how important could he have been?

Are we starting to remember Branch as being better than he was? Last year, with Branch, the Pats were 10-6 and had the #10 scoring offense. This year, without him, they're 12-4 and #7 with 6 more points scored in a much better division.

He was an asset, definitely, but how important could he have been?

They had no running game last year.

Branch would have drawn double teams potentially with the safety rotating over.

I'm just saying the Indy and Jets game came down to the end and he might have been the small difference in making them victories.

The Miami game they got blown out in the second half, but whose to say with hot reads between brady and branch he would have provided a safety valve.

The Denver game the passing game was totally out of sync which we know why.

But 12-4 is a very good record considering the adversity encoutnered. They've definitely grown as a team from where they started BRady being stripped on the first play of the season.

emot-yawn.gif

17-14 was beating the crap out of us? That game changed on Gabriel's fumble. He holds that ball, the Pats win. I do not fear the Jets.

I don't fear them either. But the Jets were the best team that day. Maybe beat the crap out of the Pats was strong but we had many chances to get a stop defensively (of Kevan Barlow mind you) and we couldn't.

With him, they would have finished 14-2, bye, #1 seed..........

Good question. The field was so sloppy in the Jets loss, he probably wouldn't have made a big difference, but it was a one score game, so who knows; the Miami loss was such a bad day all around that Jerry Rice wouldn't have made a difference; the Colts' loss was a one score game at the end, so you have to say he might have made a difference there; Denver wasn't as close as the score so probably not...just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back